I have had my msx now for a few weeks now , and must say that I am very pleased with it. My first impression of the wheel was that it looked cheaply made, almost flimsy. Don’t be fooled, this wheel is not flimsy. 

A few days ago I had a fellow euc friend come over and try out the msx. He is a fairly new rider (around 4 months) his wheel is an inmotion v5f, so not very fast. Turns out my friend is a bit of a speed freak when on a powerful wheel. 

We headed over to the local high school and rode around for a bit, around 15mph. All of a sudden I see my friend leaning into it, and he takes off. I followed on my v10f but could not catch up, and then it happened :( I see the wobbles from hell start at around 25mph. In a split second my friend was on the pavement and the msx was bouncing,smacking, flopping and then swimming in a mud puddle, control board side down. I was sure my new msx was dead, and in pieces. Since I was sure of this I didn’t rush over to the wheel, I stopped to check on my friend first. Luckily he was ok, although the thought ran through my head that maybe I should hurt him :) 

I made my way over to the msx to find it covered in mud and half submerged in the puddle. I pulled it out cleaned it up, and to my surprise the shell looked as if nothing had happened at all. The wheel bounced several times on the pavement at least 4 or 5 feet in the air. The only damage was a broken trolley handle and a bent pedal, thank god! I opened up the wheel and saw that water did get inside but did not reach the board. Seems to just have got the battery pack wet. The week point in keeping the water out seems to be in the trolley handle chamber, as it is not sealed off from the inside of the wheel. 

I think gotway has definitely made some improvements in the durability of this shell, I have seen several other gotways that have not faired nearly as well. After all this I can say that i am very impressed with the msx and will definitely purchase gotway in the future.

I was sure my new msx was dead, and in pieces. Since I was sure of this I didn’t rush over to the wheel, I stopped to check on my friend first.

?

Luckily he was ok, although the thought ran through my head that maybe I should hurt him

?

15 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I've been waiting on this thread. Any pics of the contact areas? Trying to figure out where to put my protective padding. 

I’ll put some on this evening. From what I can tell, the back side behind the trolley handle seems to have taken the most visible contact (on the shell) The rest was on the right pedal, so much that I had to use a hammer to beat out the pedal support rod.

47 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

Crazy!  I guess the handle must've come open during the crash?  I wonder if anything can be done to seal the handle chambers.

Jason has already sent me out a new trolley handle, when it arrives I’m going to try to come up with something to seal it off from the board compartment.

30 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Jason has already sent me out a new trolley handle, when it arrives I’m going to try to come up with something to seal it off from the board compartment.

@Jason McNeil's amazing for the support and service he provides to this community. @Jpd I'm curious to see the condition of the handle after such a crash, i imagined after such a horrific crash the handle would have been destroyed as usually thats the first component to go but with the new MSX design and how its tucked within the shell I presume the condition of it wasnt that bad?

3 hours ago, Jpd said:

I’ll put some on this evening. From what I can tell, the back side behind the trolley handle seems to have taken the most visible contact (on the shell) The rest was on the right pedal, so much that I had to use a hammer to beat out the pedal support rod.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EuZbcWKWnjqy4Mx39

2 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

i imagined after such a horrific crash the handle would have been destroyed as usually thats the first component to go but with the new MSX design and how its tucked within the shell I presume the condition of it wasnt that bad?

I was surprised that it came out at all, you really have to yank on it to get it out. Maybe it was good that it did come out, could have been what kept the top part of the shell from getting damaged. 

It is not easy to bend the peddle. That is telling me that the hardest hit was absorbed by the peddle.  If that same hit had been on the shell you would have needed a shovel. 

20 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

It is not easy to bend the peddle. That is telling me that the hardest hit was absorbed by the peddle.  If that same hit had been on the shell you would have needed a shovel. 

I was lucky for sure! I was expecting to need a shovel. 

Glad nobody was hurt, it's especially easy to get hurt while learning to ride. I'm that the wheel came out ok, besides the trolly handle it looks in great shape still. 

This is why when I let my daughters ride my wheels I make sure to pad them up to prevent as much damage as possible. 

Anyway, glad everything/everyone is ok! I love the MSX, it's on my short list of wheels to get at end of the year. Cheers!

Archived