Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Crazy!  I guess the handle must've come open during the crash?  I wonder if anything can be done to seal the handle chambers.

Edited by Xoltri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

I was sure my new msx was dead, and in pieces. Since I was sure of this I didn’t rush over to the wheel, I stopped to check on my friend first.

?

Quote

Luckily he was ok, although the thought ran through my head that maybe I should hurt him

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

I've been waiting on this thread. Any pics of the contact areas? Trying to figure out where to put my protective padding. 

I’ll put some on this evening. From what I can tell, the back side behind the trolley handle seems to have taken the most visible contact (on the shell) The rest was on the right pedal, so much that I had to use a hammer to beat out the pedal support rod.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

Crazy!  I guess the handle must've come open during the crash?  I wonder if anything can be done to seal the handle chambers.

Jason has already sent me out a new trolley handle, when it arrives I’m going to try to come up with something to seal it off from the board compartment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jpd said:

Jason has already sent me out a new trolley handle, when it arrives I’m going to try to come up with something to seal it off from the board compartment.

@Jason McNeil's amazing for the support and service he provides to this community. @Jpd I'm curious to see the condition of the handle after such a crash, i imagined after such a horrific crash the handle would have been destroyed as usually thats the first component to go but with the new MSX design and how its tucked within the shell I presume the condition of it wasnt that bad?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jpd said:

I’ll put some on this evening. From what I can tell, the back side behind the trolley handle seems to have taken the most visible contact (on the shell) The rest was on the right pedal, so much that I had to use a hammer to beat out the pedal support rod.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EuZbcWKWnjqy4Mx39

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jack Frost said:

i imagined after such a horrific crash the handle would have been destroyed as usually thats the first component to go but with the new MSX design and how its tucked within the shell I presume the condition of it wasnt that bad?

I was surprised that it came out at all, you really have to yank on it to get it out. Maybe it was good that it did come out, could have been what kept the top part of the shell from getting damaged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

It is not easy to bend the peddle. That is telling me that the hardest hit was absorbed by the peddle.  If that same hit had been on the shell you would have needed a shovel. 

I was lucky for sure! I was expecting to need a shovel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad nobody was hurt, it's especially easy to get hurt while learning to ride. I'm that the wheel came out ok, besides the trolly handle it looks in great shape still. 

This is why when I let my daughters ride my wheels I make sure to pad them up to prevent as much damage as possible. 

Anyway, glad everything/everyone is ok! I love the MSX, it's on my short list of wheels to get at end of the year. Cheers!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...