How do you transport your euc in a car?

ir_fuel

Just wondering. I start using my euc more as last mile transportation or I do the boring part with my car before heading out, but I haven't found a suitable way of transporting my euc inside my car yet.

When I just put it in the trunk it slides around, which is not what you want with your helmet right next to it. Now I put it in some big plastic box 

Collapsible-Storage-Container-Foldable-P

But even with the wheel on its side (Rockwheel on the trolley side, so not flat, since it's too wide to fit) it seems the wheel is quite heavy and when cornering the entire box just tips over (box works perfectly for the Mten3 btw)

I also tried putting it behind the front seat but since it's not blocked it can still move left-right.

Any suggestions?

depending on what  it is wouldn't it fit in the spare wheel compartment with some padding down and have your spare in the boot it won't slide around ... just a thought 

I have a Kia Forte hatchback, 2011 I think. 

For me, I just wedge the wheel behind the drivers side, turned off, with the wheel pressed against the door and the handle titled towards the center of the car.

None of my 14, 16, 18 inchers move or bang around, unless I'm doing some emergency moves, and even then they don't bang around, just shift.

Funny story: I lost my car when I parked it and forgot where I parked it. Actually, this has happened to me twice.

The first and more serious time was I parked well away then rode to a festival. Afterwards I rode directly home, forgetting I had the car, and come Monday evening (three or four days later!), I could not find my car. I called the police, my insurance company, and finally the local towing companies. Nothing.

Some time later I remembered I parked the car, but which neighborhood? All these neighborhoods look alike, so I'm there on my wheel droning through them pressing my remote alarm for about 40 minutes (felt like hours) until I hear the chirp. I have no recollection of this neighborhood.

A word of warning; google now/maps has "where's my car" whereby it marks on your map when it thinks you move out of your car onto foot (or bicycle?).

This does not work with wheels!

The average speed of a wheel is as fast, or faster, than the average speed of a car, at least when you are in the urban areas. I also suspect that since wheels accelerate far faster than bicycles, google parking doesn't see them as bicycles either.

Just strap it into the front passenger seat... Any passengers can always ride in the trunk.   :D

But seriously, I took one half of the original box (with the polystyrene still in it), and strapped that down - then the wheel just sits in that ready to roll at a moments notice.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, stephen said:

depending on what  it is wouldn't it fit in the spare wheel compartment with some padding down and have your spare in the boot it won't slide around ... just a thought 

Spare wheel compartment?

My car doesn't have a spare wheel :lol: 

Do trucks count? My Dodge Ram 1500 has a factory built in EUC storage box for convenient transport. Take that Chevy/ Ford. ?

43444654892_52452cd33f_b.jpg

41684549400_906425a8a3_b.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:55 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But seriously, I took one half of the original box (with the polystyrene still in it), and strapped that down - then the wheel just sits in that ready to roll at a moments notice.

Trunk storage...

Not wanting to be pedantic, but I notice that my trunk was the only one that included safety gear (2× helmets + wrist guards) and wet weather gear too!

Though it does appear that @Hansolo has "cold storage" (for beer?) on the right, so I might have to be jealous about that...

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Though it does appear that @Hansolo has "cold storage" (for beer?) on the right, so I might have to be jealous about that...

It's empty, just to block the wheels ?

And the protections are out of the car.

Archived