New toy, MCM5 experience...

4 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Thanks! purchased and awaiting shipment. 

GREAT info. I'm glad gotway has at least some warning before it melts itself. 

Alright FINE, I'll spend the extra $34 for the red Pebble from walmart, just bought it. It's less than the price of ONE of my wrist guards :) I just didn't want to spend the time to learn how to sideload apps. I didn't want to wear two watches as I like using the GPS watch. I like the fact it runs completely independent of all my connected EUC stuff so if it had to reset the EUC or Phone or whatever, the GPS watch is still going. I'll just do the velcro mount on the wrist guards like many of you do. I'd still rather have an audible warning IN MY EAR on my headset. i don't think i'd hear or feel vibrations otherwise. Plus the AMP and TEMP numbers in wheellog seem only to be available on the swipe left screen in very small numbers, hard to monitor at a glance when climbing a dirt hill while trying to avoid the next pothole.

Also... you can control music with the pebble, volume and skip songs... My KS wheels have internal speakers, I bought an external speaker for my GW's... I would much rather listen to ACDC Thunderstruck than some beeping or even worse my KS saying "PLEASE DECELERATE" which is a sure fire way to inspire my "roadrage"... :D  (Thanks GOTWAY!!!)

I see they got the emoji's done... :thumbup:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marcglider said:

Also... you can control music with the pebble, volume and skip songs... My KS wheels have internal speakers, I bought an external speaker for my GW's... I would much rather listen to ACDC Thunderstruck than some beeping or even worse my KS saying "PLEASE DECELERATE" which is a sure fire way to inspire my "roadrage"... :D  (Thanks GOTWAY!!!)

I see they got the emoji's done... :thumbup:

in my A2DP headset, i CAN listen to music and still get warnings like random phone notifications. That's how I mountain-biked for years. And I can control the music and volume by just pushing buttons directly on the headset. I don't like forcing my music on the hikers I'm passing, not everyone likes Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson. (in case you missed that, it was a joke, so please don't quote me on that)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maltocs said:

in my A2DP headset, i CAN listen to music and still get warnings like random phone notifications. That's how I mountain-biked for years. And I can control the music and volume by just pushing buttons directly on the headset. I don't like forcing my music on the hikers I'm passing, not everyone likes Taylor Swift or Kelly Clarkson. (in case you missed that, it was a joke, so please don't quote me on that)

most of my riding is on the streets and sidewalks, the music lets most of them know I am coming...:) sometimes they are wearing headsets so they don't hear me and if there is room I just blow by them and scare the SHIT out of them... LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

The MCM5 has landed.   Charged it up and took it for a quick run.  Holy Hill Climb Batman!  Also I can see why I'd want an alarm on my wrist.

Made a quick 1 min out take of a speed run into a hill climb (16+ degree grade with a rider weight of 210 pounds):

You look like how I felt when I took it up my very first steep mountain trail - amazing power huh thumbsupup.gif

Yea, stunned is the word.  This will make the 9th EUC I've tested, nothing performs like this.   On the second run, I hit 22 mph up that hill.  Ordering that Pebble Watch right now, because I can see how I'm going to need a warning on my wrist.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Yea, stunned is the word.  This will make the 9th EUC I've tested, nothing performs like this.   On the second run, I hit 22 mph up that hill.  Ordering that Pebble Watch right now, because I can see how I'm going to need a warning on my wrist.

With all do respect going up a 28%+ grade at 22 mph with a 210 rider seems like a stretch. I'm just being picky, Marty pretty much has established the MCM% as they greatest climber of available wheels.

1 hour ago, Mike Paolini said:

The MCM5 has landed.   Charged it up and took it for a quick run.  Holy Hill Climb Batman!  Also I can see why I'd want an alarm on my wrist.

Made a quick 1 min out take of a speed run into a hill climb (16+ degree grade with a rider weight of 210 pounds):

Dude love your helmet.  Exactly same one I'm using, even the color...

• Like 1

Not sure what you think is a stretch here or even what your point is.

There is no point.... I will have mine in about 12 hours... I don't do videos and the biggest incline here is the handicap ramp on the sidewalk transitions, so I will just leave it that there will be some wide grins on my face tomorrow night and this weekend... ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

There is no point.... I will have mine in about 12 hours... I don't do videos and the biggest incline here is the handicap ramp on the sidewalk transitions, so I will just leave it that there will be some wide grins on my face tomorrow night and this weekend... ?

I will share a grins with you.  Picking up a Tesla this Saturday, are you liking yours?

10 hours ago, Marcglider said:

You are going to love it I think.  Counting the hours till I can go put some real miles on it DT today and form some real opinions. 

10 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

I will share a grins with you.  Picking up a Tesla this Saturday, are you liking yours?

If the Tesla is like a larger version of the MCM5, and by all accounts it is, you are going to have some very sore cheeks.

• Like 1

You are going to love it I think.  Counting the hours till I can go put some real miles on it DT today and form some real opinions. 

If the Tesla is like a larger version of the MCM5, and by all accounts it is, you are going to have some very sore cheeks.

I'm noticing that each wheel have their own quirks and personality like the girls.  

On 7/15/2018 at 6:02 PM, yourtoys7 said:

kUGQeHk.png

@yourtoys7 I see you got a top speed of 39kmh (24mph).... were you riding the beeps?... I am getting beeping at 21.4mph (34.4kmh) with like 80% battery, felt super fast and I don't need to be going that fast for long time, just trying to see if it is normal?... Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes smaller wheels are fantastic for navigating crowds. There is something truly special about the MCM5. What type of festival? If people  were smoking pot you could bump into them all night with no issues. 

? not that type, it was Rib festival ?.....

watched @Marty Backe z10 review and he compares z10 w mten (sorta).... 

z10 is for 2019 probably, I’m getting MSX next week. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

z10 is for 2019 probably, I’m getting MSX next week. 

Your smarter than most of us that can’t wait to get our hands on the Z10. Look at it this way...we’ll have most of the bugs worked out by the time you take possession in 2019. Congrats on purchasing the MSX!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

For anyone that cares....

to open mcm5, flat screw driver or simular, top middle to seperate 2 covers and just pull on them gently. You'll see screws exposed to remove either sides, fairly simple. I added silicone on every screw to keep them in place :)

any ?s, just ask.......

DC0kIez.jpg

Add4ECQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

For anyone that cares....

to open mcm5, flat screw driver or simular, top middle to seperate 2 covers and just pull on them gently. You'll see screws exposed to remove either sides, fairly simple. I added silicone on every screw to keep them in place :)

any ?s, just ask.......

DC0kIez.jpg

Add4ECQ.jpg

I have yet to tear into my mcm5 but appreciate  advice!