New toy, MCM5 experience...

12 minutes ago, Adumb said:

Hah no it's the newest version not the older one, hell it's even the pretty light blue color. If u buy one u will love it. 

Mine will be light blue also. Aren’t we the blues brothers now...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are Killing me... I am trying to enjoy my new TESLA, and waiting for my MCM5 to come in... I wrote Jason this morning and he told me the wheels are going to the forwarder tomorrow and he has 5 coming AIR Freight... That means I will wait another 5 weeks roughly for mine or pay an extra $200 and get it Quick... Time to stop reading posts here for a while :w00t2:

For those asking, I paid $1300 for the new MCM5 with the 800wh battery (EWheels.com)... He gave me a discount on the quick charger as a repeat customer

42 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

You guys are Killing me... I am trying to enjoy my new TESLA, and waiting for my MCM5 to come in... I wrote Jason this morning and he told me the wheels are going to the forwarder tomorrow and he has 5 coming AIR Freight... That means I will wait another 5 weeks roughly for mine or pay an extra $200 and get it Quick... Time to stop reading posts here for a while :w00t2:

For those asking, I paid $1300 for the new MCM5 with the 800wh battery (EWheels.com)... He gave me a discount on the quick charger as a repeat customer

Man, when the euc bug ? bites you, there is no cure. Since you recently got your Tesla, I’d say, enjoy it for 5 weeks while your mcm5 is in transit..save the $200...use it to get bigger pedals for your Tesla and/or the mcm5. ....Well that’s just the voice of reason talking... i know , it’s easier said than done! The hell with reason , Go get them all!!!

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

save the $200...use it to get bigger pedals for your Tesla and/or the mcm5

Not sure about the MCM5 but I actually really like the pedals on my Tesla, I find them much more comfortable than my 16S

2 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Not sure about the MCM5 but I actually really like the pedals on my Tesla, I find them much more comfortable than my 16S

The MCM5 has the same pedals as the Tesla.

2 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I believe MCM5 have same pedals as ACM2 which I love, but I'm waiting for MSX to see if the pedal is better.  If I like the pedal on the MSX, I will be ordering a set for my Mten3 like @houseofjob.

2 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

I believe MCM5 have same pedals as ACM2 which I love, but I'm waiting for MSX to see if the pedal is better.  If I like the pedal on the MSX, I will be ordering a set for my Mten3 like @houseofjob.

I think @houseofjob is a freak to put MSuper pedals on a Mten3 :lol:  It just seems so wrong.

1 minute ago, Mark Lee said:

OK... now I get what the hell is going on here.... let's see, do you really need to have all 3 wheels that I don't own but would like in the same sentence... (ACM2, MSX, Mten3)?? is this some kind of pyramid scheme where you are under Marty and everyone is getting rich on my retirement funds??? 

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I think @houseofjob is a freak to put MSuper pedals on a Mten3 :lol:  It just seems so wrong.

It's function over fashion lol... by the way @Marty Backe which pedal do you prefer between ACM2 vs Msuper pedals?

50 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

OK... now I get what the hell is going on here.... let's see, do you really need to have all 3 wheels that I don't own but would like in the same sentence... (ACM2, MSX, Mten3)?? is this some kind of pyramid scheme where you are under Marty and everyone is getting rich on my retirement funds??? 

@Marcglider Correction, you don't have MCM5 yet. :roflmao:

9 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

It's function over fashion lol... by the way @Marty Backe which pedal do you prefer between ACM2 vs Msuper pedals?

I like both pedals. Maybe the MSuper pedals are better, but they only seem to go (stylistically) with the MSuper and Monster.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I like both pedals. Maybe the MSuper pedals are better, but they only seem to go (stylistically) with the MSuper and Monster.

Maybe that is how @houseofjob is able to achieve 22 mph on his Mten3, with the current setup I don't dare go over 17mph.  If it gives more control it would be well worth it.

26 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

For my 11 size flat feet, Tesla ( ACM, mcm5) pedals are too small and make my feet hurt when riding longer than 5-10 minutes. The msuper pedals are a smidge bigger but it makes all the difference In the world for me.  Its not important that the toes are supported, but the ball of your feet should be.  This is why I’m getting msuper pedals for the ACM and the mcm5 (if I get one).  Unless I get my hands on the v10 pedals, which are even bigger

2 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Maybe that is how @houseofjob is able to achieve 22 mph on his Mten3, with the current setup I don't dare go over 17mph.  If it gives more control it would be well worth it.

Exactly. (well, partly at least)

The longer your pedals are, the more leverage (longer torque arm) you have over the wheel.

I have no clue how any adult can ride on those mini MTen3 pedals, they're like made for children's feet.

13 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I have no clue how any adult can ride on those mini MTen3 pedals, they're like made for children's feet.

My 7-year old would agree. She lasts longer on them without a foot break than I do.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Does anyone know what the letters in ACM and MCM stand for?  Just curious whether it's just me who doesn't know.  :confused1:

It's just you. Those in the know, know.

Okay, it looks like Marty doesn’t know either.  :lol:

How about Mten and MSuper?  I’m guessing ten is for ten inch wheel, but is super for super wheel?  M for Moto?  Shouldn’t it be MTen?  Has anyone deciphered the Chinese Da Wongi code?  Are they using a series of random, good sounding letters like the Acura RSX and NSX?  Or are they adopting random names from a wordolator like what Nissan did with their “Qashqai” which BTW I totally had to look up to spell?  Did no one tell the Japanese about the U comes after Q rule?  Inquiring minds want to know what other people are riding.

I definitely hope it’s not something totally disappointing like “A Chinese Monowheel” or “Marvelous Chinese Monowheel.”  That would reduce some of that cool factor unfortunately.  Maybe it’s best that we never know.  :efef927839:  Just like it’s better not to know that you’re driving an Iranian Turkic nomadic bad spelling tribal SUV.  

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Marcglider thats not bad of a price for 800 wh. battery, I never rode testla but see my sig. I had few to compare and this just could be one of the best city wheels yet. You gonna love yours...

Are you part of the Pyramid scheme and getting commission on the extra $200 bucks from Jason also???? :efef2e0fff:

All kidding aside, Yesterday I was going to Ask Jason if he would waive the $200 bucks and send me the MCM5 when he gets it and I would order an ACM right now... Divine intervention must have stepped in because when I called him late yesterday afternoon, he did not answer my call... I have stepped BACKE because I Agree, I think I am going to ABSOLUTELY love this wheel and 3 16" wheels right now isn't necessary, especially if I am going to spend a lot of time on the MCM5 when it comes.

What is interesting is when I got my 14D I loved it and even when I got the 16S, I did not like it at first, maybe because it was not as nimble and quick handling as the 14... as I got better and more time, I love the 16" and it seems to be the perfect size for most of my riding... my 18S is mainly for distance and comfort, but I don't do that much, maybe once a week...

2 hours ago, Marcglider said:

What is interesting is when I got my 14D I loved it and even when I got the 16S, I did not like it at first, maybe because it was not as nimble and quick handling as the 14... as I got better and more time, I love the 16" and it seems to be the perfect size for most of my riding... my 18S is mainly for distance and comfort, but I don't do that much, maybe once a week...

Compared to my 14S when I ride the MCM5 it feels much lighter.  It took me a while to get use to MCM5, these wheels are different enough it takes time for me.  As for nimble and quick handling King is still Mten3 by long shot.  I know you've ridden the Mten3 but again it takes many miles to get the hang of it. ;)

5 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Compared to my 14S when I ride the MCM5 it feels much lighter

Interesting, when I ride the Tesla, it feels lighter than my 16S but actually weighs a few pounds more... I wrote this before but I think it has to do with the center of gravity and/or the height of the pedals in comparison to the CG and axle line... guess I will find out soon enough...

Archived