New toy, MCM5 experience...

This looks nice! You made a good choice! Would you say the acceleration/torque is even more eye watering than the M Super? It looks very discreet, I like the idea that you can ride at snails pace if needed. I am deciding on either this or the Mten3. Let us know how you solve the flappy foot plate problem. 

29 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Well my dualtron II is being fixed (failure day 1), I debated for a while what to get, mcm5 or tesla or even acm 2, MCM5 won and here is why...

Size, flexibly in crowded places and price. Dualtron II will be my main transportation to/ from work, longer distance and the need for speed times, lol.

I wanna get rid of negatives right away, lack of magnets on pedals (this one drives me crazy), in couple of days owning it, they just flap around as they like (I wanna fix this). Low battery (I'll just have to take charger w. me if Im taking longer trip) and that is all :). Absorbing bump or luck of, yes you do feel most of them (comparing to 18' and 22'), I know this is not fair but I can only state what I personally had and observed.

Im comparing this to Msuper v3s and Monster that I had for a while,

The Positives: WOW, Wow...... this machines is unreal, acceleration... endless, seriously.... hill or no hill, you push it and it just goes till you get 3rd alarm warning. I came across hills 20/ 30/ 35 degrees and the power just doesn't end, UNREAL. Moving around crowded places, sidewalks downtown or park is A+++ you are able to go very slow and than just speed up as needed. I was able to reach 39km/h (24ml) till I heared 3rd alarm, but it has so, so much more to give. At this speeds you have to be more vigilant to road condition. The handle, excellent implementation, over feels sturdy enough.

Why I choose this wheel, size, weight and prices. If you looking as one and only main wheel, go for 16" at least but better yet 18" as those wheels have speed, distance and comfort, but if you looking for last couple miles type of thing, this wheel is unreal.

I'll be updating this as times goes on, but for now, I am Very, very satisfied.

h9tIBFr.jpg

Really happy that you like the MCM5 @yourtoys7. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too biased so I like to hear confirming opinions :D

I think there are magnets on the pedals but cause of the shell shape, they aren't very effective.

I see you added pads, including replacing those anemic ankle pads :cheers:

4 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

This looks nice! You made a good choice! Would you say the acceleration/torque is even more eye watering than the M Super? It looks very discreet, I like the idea that you can ride at snails pace if needed. I am deciding on either this or the Mten3. Let us know how you solve the flappy foot plate problem. 

The MSuper is not known for high acceleration or torque, FWIW's

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The MSuper is not known for high acceleration or torque, FWIW's

Thankyou for reminding me. I used to own one and it did take a while to get it going from low down. Marty, I know you have told us many times. This or the Mten3? ?

Edited by Edddeus

2 hours ago, Tommy Le said:

How much does the mcm5 cost? What’s the weight? I am waiting for Jason to stock the mten 3. Should I reconsider?

maybe little bias but I wouldn't consider mten, go for mcm5, still very responsive and you can speed it up if need be...

I believe 1175. he said.

Edited by yourtoys7
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Marty Backe doesnt appear there is magnets, I tried applying one to peddals, nothing. Not sure if I wanna go through adding one to peddals and one to shell, to much work, but still surprised that GW didn't add that...

I thought the magnets were usually in the shell. I just confirmed - my pedals stick to the shell with magnets.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

The MCM5 is probably the perfect <10 mile wheel. Currently riding a Tesla(loaner) and MCM4 with an MSX arriving this week. I have to say the 14" wheels are something special. I got to ride a MCM5 at the z10 demo but i'd really like to spend a bit more time to compare the raw torque to the Tesla. Still looking to jump on an Mten3 too 

Which has better torque? MCM5 or Mten3?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Adumb said:

I recently had a chance to try an mcm5 ok a group ride and it only made me want it more. I'm actually considering trading my new ACM2 1600wh for one since my significant other is being a pain about me getting a 3rd wheel. It's kind of nice when things like this are the biggest problems u face haha. #easylife

I share your passion for the mcm5 but please tell me your ACM 2 is the previous version 1500w motor.  I’m almost ready to get my hands on the acm2 with 2000w motor and the thought of someone is selling it to buy another wheel is bothering me!)

Edited by Cloud
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Problem is, with so many hot wheels, other women are gonna be all over him. hot wheels, hot women..  kinda goes together...

Woman are/can be a pain in the Butt... if you got a good one, keep her happy, get her a new toy, go play with your stable of wheels... look but don't touch!... most reasonable woman will agree with that... the "grass is greener" seems to be true initially, but it is just another field that needs to be mowed every week... :efef2e0fff:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Adumb said:

I recently had a chance to try an mcm5 ok a group ride and it only made me want it more. I'm actually considering trading my new ACM2 1600wh for one since my significant other is being a pain about me getting a 3rd wheel. It's kind of nice when things like this are the biggest problems u face haha. #easylife

I have both MCM5 and ACM2, for me there is no way I would replace ACM2 for MCM5. YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

I have both MCM5 and ACM2, for me there is no way I would replace ACM2 for MCM5. YMMV.

Yeah I do love my ACM2 and no doubt I'd regret it, but I feel the urge hah

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cloud said:

I share your passion for the mcm5 but please tell me your ACM 2 is the previous version 1500w motor.  I’m almost ready to get my hands on the acm2 with 2000w motor and the thought of someone is selling it to buy another wheel is bothering me!)

Hah no it's the newest version not the older one, hell it's even the pretty light blue color. If u buy one u will love it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2