New toy, MCM5 experience...

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

just came back from 45min. ride, 19km and max speed was 39km/h...... man oh man do I like this wheel. The agility in traffic/ between pedestrians is amazing. One thing I noticed... @Marty Backe if you could help out, pedals high? you have to be very, very careful how you taking your corners, couple of times my shoes size 10 touched the ground just briefly, scared the shet out of me. 

Getting more and more comfortable on this wheel and higher speed is no problem at all, just pay attention to road condition.

In some ways this wheel forces you to go slower/ safer!!! 

You definitely need to be more focused when riding this wheel - no autopilot :D

No sure what you mean: "if you could help out, pedals high?"  I haven't experienced any pedal problems, but I think you're a more aggressive rider then I am.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You definitely need to be more focused when riding this wheel - no autopilot :D

No sure what you mean: "if you could help out, pedals high?"  I haven't experienced any pedal problems, but I think you're a more aggressive rider then I am.

sorry, should have been more clear, compare to msuper, thank you.

23 hours ago, Cloud said:

For my 11 size flat feet, Tesla ( ACM, mcm5) pedals are too small and make my feet hurt when riding longer than 5-10 minutes. The msuper pedals are a smidge bigger but it makes all the difference In the world for me.  Its not important that the toes are supported, but the ball of your feet should be.  This is why I’m getting msuper pedals for the ACM and the mcm5 (if I get one).  Unless I get my hands on the v10 pedals, which are even bigger

I've rode on V10F and I agree it's a nice pedal.  Do you know for sure it will fit on the Gotway's?  I know Msuper pedal will fit on Mten3 since @houseofjob has already done it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mark Lee said:

I've rode on V10F and I agree it's a nice pedal.  Do you know for sure it will fit on the Gotway's?  I know Msuper pedal will fit on Mten3 since @houseofjob has already done it.

Gotway pedals are pretty much interchangeable across different current gotway models.

I havent tried it but i believe V10 pedals are supposed to fit gotway also

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marcglider said:

@Mark Lee Looks like you will need to get the 800 battery model and sell the 650... $1500, you can have it in a week or so air freight... I can put in a good word for you with Jason, he reads these posts and is expecting my Call... LOL :clap3:

Well since I've only paid $800 for my MCM5 I guess I will just live with it.  For longer ranges I will use my ACM2 and more comfortable MSX when I will get it by end of this month.  I'm still jealous that you will get your MCM5 in 5 weeks maybe.  :laughbounce2:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

just came back from 45min. ride, 19km and max speed was 39km/h...... man oh man do I like this wheel. The agility in traffic/ between pedestrians is amazing. One thing I noticed... @Marty Backe if you could help out, pedals high? you have to be very, very careful how you taking your corners, couple of times my shoes size 10 touched the ground just briefly, scared the shet out of me. 

Getting more and more comfortable on this wheel and higher speed is no problem at all, just pay attention to road condition.

In some ways this wheel forces you to go slower/ safer!!! 

Which is more or less the range you get from the 650Wh battery?

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The MCM5 is a fantastic wheel. So glad your enjoying it so much. I have found the wheel to be a great help when performing yard work such as edging and using the leaf blower. 

I haven’t don’t that,  but I have in the past pulled one of my kids bmx bike w 15ft rope, lol

well see how mcm5 performs w these duties 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

I haven’t don’t that,  but I have in the past pulled one of my kids bmx bike w 15ft rope, lol

well see how mcm5 performs w these duties 

Hah. When I don't feel like jogging I routinely take my husky for a run with my ACM2. I've also pulled my lawnmower a few blocks on my wheel to lend it to my neighbor. Beats walking haha. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Gotway possesses a wonderful color sensibility with their shells, their Blue/Red colors, to me at least, really lookd the part, but is it worth an extra $150? Trying to negotiate a better price for these on our next order.

uc?export=view&id=1fHus6Tw1NXn3NuYO2u8bR

I'd pay an extra $75 for the blue for sure but not $150. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Gotway possesses a wonderful color sensibility with their shells, their Blue/Red colors, to me at least, really lookd the part, but is it worth an extra $150? Trying to negotiate a better price for these on our next order.

uc?export=view&id=1fHus6Tw1NXn3NuYO2u8bR

Hey @Marty Backe Now you can get a Nice color with the 800 wh upgrade on your Next Order... :roflmao:

• Like 2

I like my carbon colour and would rather put little more for 800wh battery ( believe 200. difference between 650wh and 800wh), but I do like the red colour (to me looks like Desert red/ orange on this pic.).

Edited by yourtoys7
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Jason is getting me a 800wh battery to replace my 650wh. I wouldn't mind a colored shell though, but I still like the black.

Jason just emailed me and said he may be getting some spare colored shells in 3 months,  so black for now and we will see later... Glad you are sticking with black so I wont be seeing any of your video posts with a blue wheel and simultaneously hearing that sucking sound from my wallet... LOL :efef2e0fff:

:D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I had a Cut Out, but didnt fall...  :blink:

So, went for a similar route as I often do, all good, wind was strong today and I could hear beep when I would try to really listen. I should mention I added Bluetooth speaker to my left shoulder/ chest area on Velcro. I was leaning forward slowly accelerating and somewhere between the beat I hear triple alarm, as I lean back to slow down the motor cuts off :o I was straight up at that time and not leaning forward, for a sec. or so It felt like I was balancing myself.... and than the motor regain power and balanced me (I think/ believe this happened due to the fact that I was in motion leaning back or slowing down). I proceeded with my ride with caution but got cut in the rain (heavy rain), will try to open up my mcm5 to see if/ how much water got in.

34roD8w.jpg

Nice picture. You sure do like to push your wheels hard :o

• Like 1