Jump to content

Gotway fan-less charger


John Eucist

Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, logos122 said:

@John Eucist where I can buy the fanless charger from?

I ordered this one when I thought I broke my original charger but in fact I destroyed only my Charge Doctor.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2A-67-2V-charger-for-16S-lithium-battery-pack-67-2V-Electric-unicycle-charger-recharger-aviation/32475704873.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I ordered this one when I thought I broke my original charger but in fact I destroyed only my Charge Doctor.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2A-67-2V-charger-for-16S-lithium-battery-pack-67-2V-Electric-unicycle-charger-recharger-aviation/32475704873.html

That looks like the same charger I got with the Firewheel. They seem to be good quality, but be aware they seem more than twice as heavy as the ones with the fans. I suspect they have a much bigger heat sink in them! I use my generic wheel charger when I travel because it's a lot lighter to carry in the backpack. In any case I highly recommend having two chargers because they're not expensive and if you have a problem charging it really helps with troubleshooting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody using two of those 2A changer in order to have a fanless 4A charger, with just the help of a right "Y" GX16 adapter...?

I have detroyed too my ChargeDoctor, at the exact time when I connected it to my wheel, and this, while CD was already connected to the charger and the charger not connected to the AC outlet... I guess that this is in rapport with the fact my wheel (a Gotway) can send its current to CD, a thing that a KingSong (for example) is not able to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, sbouju said:

Anybody using two of those 2A changer in order to have a fanless 4A charger, with just the help of a right "Y" GX16 adapter...?

I have detroyed too my ChargeDoctor, at the exact time when I connected it to my wheel, and this, while CD was already connected to the charger and the charger not connected to the AC outlet... I guess that this is in rapport with the fact my wheel (a Gotway) can send its current to CD, a thing that a KingSong (for example) is not able to do.

I do. I made several "Y" adapters for my friends as well who also have Gotway MSuper2.

The suggested way is to plug both chargers to the main socket first, then the adapter, last to connect to the wheel.

YSplit.thumb.jpg.9bc8322cf426a5a70ea42fa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11.12.2015 at 4:39 PM, zlymex said:

Inside view of the fan-less charger.

1.75A1.jpg

Call me stupid, but I still don't know if there's any "intelligence" in these chargers... or is it all handled by the BMS? From the little I can tell from that picture, there's just transformer coils and ac/dc rectifying with some filter capacitors to keep the ripple voltages in check (and some further coils to bring the voltage down/RL-filtering)? But I'm an amateur when it comes to electronics :P  Is there some kind of overcurrent protection for example?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2015/12/13 at 7:31 AM, esaj said:

Call me stupid, but I still don't know if there's any "intelligence" in these chargers... or is it all handled by the BMS? From the little I can tell from that picture, there's just transformer coils and ac/dc rectifying with some filter capacitors to keep the ripple voltages in check (and some further coils to bring the voltage down/RL-filtering)? But I'm an amateur when it comes to electronics :P  Is there some kind of overcurrent protection for example?

1. There is not much intelligence in these chargers as they are only CV-CC, two-stagger, with no low current cutoff. Because of the CC, the current will be limited to 2A even shorted theoretically(but I did not test this. The min. voltage I tested was 50V and it still gives 2A)
2. There are other components on the back of the board.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2015 at 10:31 AM, esaj said:

Call me stupid, but I still don't know if there's any "intelligence" in these chargers... or is it all handled by the BMS? From the little I can tell from that picture, there's just transformer coils and ac/dc rectifying with some filter capacitors to keep the ripple voltages in check (and some further coils to bring the voltage down/RL-filtering)? But I'm an amateur when it comes to electronics :P  Is there some kind of overcurrent protection for example?

I suppose the current just drops to near 0A when there is no voltage difference between the pack and the charger? It would explain why those hoverboards without BMS burn so often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...