Those oval pads for the V8, where do you put them?

Bigwheel

2 hours ago, Bigwheel said:

I can't see any pics or reviews for reference where people are sticking them. High up by the shins or by the ankles?

How do you like yours? ?️

Didn't use them. Apparently they make one hell of a mess of you ever decide to remove them so bear that in mind before you place them. 

36 minutes ago, Bigwheel said:

Thanks, both! That's super helpful. I may have to think twice about putting them on...or invest in some thick socks :)

Ankle high walking boots is what I use. Protection both on the wheel and for your ankles should you come off. A nice set of leather ones don't look out of place in smart casual business environment either.

Alternatively have a look at G-Form ankle protectors. Slip on protection for the ankle bones. Works under socks and maybe over thin ones (not tried).

https://g-form.com/soccer-ankle-guard

20 hours ago, Bigwheel said:

I can't see any pics or reviews for reference where people are sticking them. High up by the shins or by the ankles?

I cut mine in half length wise, and placed them with the oval part reaching up the plastic bulge just enough to cushion my calves on that plastic bulge. The straight edge cut is placed just below the plastic bulge, and it gives it a nice look. So essentially I only used one of mine. 

I like it. Never really had any leg pain, but taller riders who have borrowed it mentioned the rubbing as being only when getting used to the machine. Then it was okay.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:50 PM, Bigwheel said:

Thanks, both! That's super helpful. I may have to think twice about putting them on...or invest in some thick socks :)

put them where your ankle bone might touch the wheel. ive found them beneficial for grip

• 2 weeks later...

They were helpful at first but... Now I kind of feel that they do more harm than good. But still reluctant to remove them.

Does anyone have experience removing them? Was it better after the removal?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 4:08 AM, maxkan said:

They were helpful at first but... Now I kind of feel that they do more harm than good. But still reluctant to remove them.

Does anyone have experience removing them? Was it better after the removal?

What harm are they doing?

Have you tried scraping them off with something and an alcohol wipe?

On 7/15/2018 at 11:24 AM, Bigwheel said:

I actually cut mine in half lengthwise. Then with the flat cut facing down I align them with the bottom inside corners of the arc bulge near the top. It makes that whole area look like a semicircle which I did for form and function. Works great for me. Had them for nearly 3000 miles so far.

9 hours ago, Bigwheel said:

What harm are they doing?

Have you tried scraping them off with something and an alcohol wipe?

I mean I no longer need insulation in that area and I feel It could be more comfortable to ride without them. Anyway I'll remove them tomorrow :)

• 1 month later...

Best advise I found was not to attach the pads. Been riding for about 1500km and never felt any need for pads. As a total noob you're probably squeezing the top sides of the wheel for dear life with your legs. But after a few rides you end up barely touching the sides.

I added those pizza sliced pads to the top of the wheel. I tried to add the ankle pads (small oval looking onces) but took those off again as I found them more annoying than beneficial.

Sense my crash in start of juli it has been parked in the cellar waiting for my dealer to gather new trolley, a new standard tyre, and a off-road tyre plus an inner tube. They blame they are busy and seems to keep lagging some part. Right now I am not impressed at all with them. They did offer me something as a promise of a discount but no actual price mentioned as of yet. They offered to extend warranty but no details on what that means either.

Once I get the wheel up and working again, I guess I have to do in-door training for stepping up with non-dominant leg and eventually backwards riding. I expect to keep using my pizza sliced pads (They sit on the top part due to their shape).

• 3 months later...

I sticked the pads at ankle level as I experienced discomfort when I first rode without. Later I found out that the pads provide cushions for the pedals/foot plates when closed which indirectly caused a gap where I could easily open them up with my foot. 

Archived