Msuper x vs Tesla

6 minutes ago, 김도도 said:

Damn.. thats a bad news for me.. ? I have to carry it upstairs every time.. haha.. according to the tables, it has extra 4kg than the Tesla. But hard to guess how the extra 4kg would make it feel..

OK, for kicks I just weighed a few wheels that I have laying about. I'll let you convert to kilograms.

• Tesla: 41-1/2 pounds
  • MSuper V3s+: 48 pounds
  • Z10: 53-1/2 pounds

I imagine that the MSX will weigh a little more than my MSuper V3s+

6 hours ago, Marcglider said:

I just looked up the weight of the 18S and it shows the same as MSuper... I have a Tesla... all I can say is Use your Gym Membership...:mellow:

agreed.. gym membership! haha msx is still 1.5kg lighter than the smaller ninebot z10!

3 hours ago, 김도도 said:

agreed.. gym membership! haha msx is still 1.5kg lighter than the smaller ninebot z10!

If I can make a suggestion, you are on English language Forum and if you want more cooperation from the members.  It would be more polite if you used English for your name...  Just saying...

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, for kicks I just weighed a few wheels that I have laying about. I'll let you convert to kilograms.

• Tesla: 41-1/2 pounds
  • MSuper V3s+: 48 pounds
  • Z10: 53-1/2 pounds

I imagine that the MSX will weigh a little more than my MSuper V3s+

? Thank you sir. I guess its about 50~51pounds for the MSX.. Im so dead..haha

54 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

If I can make a suggestion, you are on English language Forum and if you want more cooperation from the members.  It would be more polite if you used English for your name...  Just saying...

I changed it! Thought I couldnt change it since it was connected to my sns but figured it out!

Just now, Mark Lee said:

@Keith can you help us with this dilemma... A member needs to change his name to an English and have some problems...  Are there a solution to this?

oh check my edited quote above.. I figured it out..haha

14 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Hi Kim doe doe

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

:efefe00999:

On 7/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, Marty Backe said:

You haven't experienced the full spectrum of EUC riding until you add a Monster to your stable :efefd0f676:

My God Marty, here I am worried about the MSX in the escalators hehehe. ?

But a Monster, something tell me on a Monster I would wait for the elevator though, the MSX could perhaps be hand held in the escalator, I will know once it arrive hehe.

But I feel you 100%, if I lived like you in a house and in your type of climate, with your nature I would most def want the big guy too! But dragging it up the stairs (no elevator) after each ride scare me away! ?

On 7/15/2018 at 10:57 PM, DannyK said:

But hard to guess how the extra 4kg would make it feel..

Put 4kg of anything in a bag, and hold the bag in the same hand you carry your Tesla with. Voilá, you have a MSX weight simulator!

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Put 4kg of anything in a bag, and hold the bag in the same hand you carry your Tesla with. Voilá, you have a MSX weight simulator!

Is that all difference there is?

If so I think GW did well considering the bigger heavier tire, extra mass and  1600Wh packs.

Then again I must admit I did not know the weight of the Tesla but always imagined it was perhaps lighter than my old 820Wh ACM or about the same, just never put it into perspective really?  Then again, sure I once carried my ACM almost 2 km (over 1 mile) and after some distance it did not feel very light anymore, progressed until I needed brakes every now and then and in the end my arms was heavy. ?

At least with the MSX there is a trolley, the one thing I resisted to attach to the ACM cause I cannot stand any extra bulk hanging off a otherwise somewhat smooth design and quite frankly felt I did not need it, wherever I can ride I do (even inside big malls although at max slow walk speeds).

Can barely wait for mine, should be here in a few weeks tops, or next year you never know I suppose?

mrelwood, you happen to have a Youtube channel or any channel where you do videos or tests of your MSX?  I know about the EUC GUY one and great but feel the 84v should be more relevant for me, if a noticeable difference is there? even

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Is that all difference there is?

I didn't check the weights, but the 4kg was mentioned earlier in this thread. MSX is 23.3kg, IIRC.

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

mrelwood, you happen to have a Youtube channel or any channel where you do videos or tests of your MSX?

Not really. I have uploaded a few videos and short examples, but nothing that could serve as a review. I started making one, but hadn't realized that talking in English is incredibly slow and jerky for me. No-one would've watched that for anything other than laughs. And some pity. Writing is ok since I can take all the time I need.

33 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I didn't check the weights, but the 4kg was mentioned earlier in this thread. MSX is 23.3kg, IIRC.

Not really. I have uploaded a few videos and short examples, but nothing that could serve as a review. I started making one, but hadn't realized that talking in English is incredibly slow and jerky for me. No-one would've watched that for anything other than laughs. And some pity. Writing is ok since I can take all the time I need.

I 100% understand you and likely will not do it when my MSX arrive for same or similar reasons hehehe + being put in the spot just makes it all the more awkward, could potentially do some speedy test should someone want something in specific checked out otherwise yeah I'm with you there.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, DannyK said:

Is the Msuper x a lot harder to lift on stairs and etc than the Tesla? I know its got better performance and components, but since it seems bigger and lot heavier, makes me think twice about it.. anyone who lifted both models could tell me whether mx is manageable or not on Tesla standards?

Honestly I would just enjoy the work out.  Sure it will be a bit heavier, but noticeably so up a single flight of stairs?  Probably not.  If you're talking 4 flights of stairs then sure, but also keep in mind there is also a bag that you can probably get from Gotway if you want to sling the weight over one shoulder.  I'm sure even clipping a strap around the handle and over your shoulder would probably work as well to take some of the weight from your arm.  There are also a lot of third party euc backpacks that might fit it if you want to put the weight on your back.

Also if you're that concerned about weight just get less battery....  I mean it's not a requirement to get the maximum 1600WH capacity ?.  They also have it as a 650wh which would probably be fine for most riding and would shave 3KG of weight and put it pretty close to the Tesla weight.

But if it were me I wouldn't worry about something slightly heavier, your arms will just get a bit stronger and after a couple weeks you won't notice the difference.  Also with the larger wheel diameter you might even be able to just turn it on and roll it down the stairs, depending on the stairs.

Archived