Msuper x vs Tesla

Is the Msuper x a lot harder to lift on stairs and etc than the Tesla? I know its got better performance and components, but since it seems bigger and lot heavier, makes me think twice about it.. anyone who lifted both models could tell me whether mx is manageable or not on Tesla standards?

Hi Kim doe doe, I was born in Seoul, nice to see a member from Korea here.  I've ordered MSX have not got it yet.  I do have an ACM2 which I love.  It has 1600wh battery and the Tesla motor in it.  If the range is important to you this wheel is strongly recommended.

3 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Hi Kim do do, I was born in Seoul, nice to see a member from Korea here.  I've ordered MSX have not got it yet.  I do have an ACM2 which I love.  It has 1600wh battery and the Tesla motor in it.  If the range is important to you this wheel is strongly recommended.

Hey!! its good to see a compatriot here haha. Oh it was the exactly same motor?.. I thought it had different build or something that gives it a bit more power.. Its like 10kph faster than Tesla according to the reviews! Actually range wasnt that important to me, I just like how faster this one could go and the fact that it has distinct brake lights and led lights back and front of the wheel, making it safer during night rides.. I ordered msx as well but kinda in a regret for using so much money since I bought my tesla only three month ago;;;; 

1 minute ago, 김도도 said:

Hey!! its good to see a compatriot here haha. Oh it was the exactly same motor?.. I thought it had different build or something that gives it a bit more power.. Its like 10kph faster than Tesla according to the reviews! Actually range wasnt that important to me, I just like how faster this one could go and the fact that it has distinct brake lights and led lights back and front of the wheel, making it safer during night rides.. I ordered msx as well but kinda in a regret for using so much money since I bought my tesla only three month ago;;;; 

If you want to know more about it @Marty Backe has fantastic review on his Youtube channel "ElectricUnicycle".  As for regretting a purchase of a wheel it's just a disease we suffer here as EUC enthusiasts. :facepalm:  My inventory consists of KS14S, Mten3, ACM2, MCM5 and MSX when it gets here around early August as it stands now.  I have yet to try Tesla but from what I see, ACM2 have lower center of gravity and lower height which gives it different form factor and ride.  I was lucky enough to try Inmotion's V10F which is another nice EUC (current problems withstanding) very well built feeling and ride. I feel current EUC's are good enough to satisfy me in the performance, it will be long time before I will need more once I get the taste of 18" class I will feel complete.  Famous last word though...;)

god... youve got some inventory of wheels there! Lucky youve got all the smaller wheels to use for different purposes.. I can only have one wheel and sell the other haha.. Thats my biggest concern, having msx as my only euc.. I managed it with tesla but guessing itd be way too heavy to take msx around for all purposes like taking it on subways etc. Oh well no other options now but to grow my strength for that haha. And yes Ive seen every one of his gotway reviews! Loved it!

For your use I would recommend MCM5.  I use my Mten3 the most since I take it to work and ride during my breaks, funnest wheel I have...

16 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

If you want to know more about it @Marty Backe has fantastic review on his Youtube channel "ElectricUnicycle".  As for regretting a purchase of a wheel it's just a disease we suffer here as EUC enthusiasts. :facepalm:  My inventory consists of KS14S, Mten3, ACM2, MCM5 and MSX when it gets here around early August as it stands now.  I have yet to try Tesla but from what I see, ACM2 have lower center of gravity and lower height which gives it different form factor and ride.  I was lucky enough to try Inmotion's V10F which is another nice EUC (current problems withstanding) very well built feeling and ride. I feel current EUC's are good enough to satisfy me in the performance, it will be long time before I will need more once I get the taste of 18" class I will feel complete.  Famous last word though...;)

You haven't experienced the full spectrum of EUC riding until you add a Monster to your stable :efefd0f676:

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You haven't experienced the full spectrum of EUC riding until you add a Monster to your stable :efefd0f676:

Just stop it @Marty Backe you already cost me and @marcglider enough. :facepalm:  As for Monster the range it is for I will just take one of my motorcycle for now thanks... ;)

1 minute ago, Mark Lee said:

Just stop it @Marty Backe you already cost me and @macglider enough...  As for Monster the range it is for I will just take one of my motorcycle for now thanks...

Oh no, it's not just range. The Monster is the most comfortable cruising wheel ever made. Impervious to wind and it's like butter over all but the roughest of roads. It truly is a marvelous wheel.

When I recently rode a brand new 100-volt version (everything tight, and new) it reminded me what a unique wheel it is. Like riding an old Cadillac of yesteryear, so smooooth. 

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh no, it's not just range. The Monster is the most comfortable cruising wheel ever made. Impervious to wind and it's like butter over all but the roughest of roads. It truly is a marvelous wheel.

When I recently rode a brand new 100-volt version (everything tight, and new) it reminded me what a unique wheel it is. Like riding an old Cadillac of yesteryear, so smooooth. 

So when are you getting one (100v)?  I will have to be convinced with your wonderful expensive videos... :crying:

13 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Just stop it @Marty Backe you already cost me and @macglider enough. :facepalm:  As for Monster the range it is for I will just take one of my motorcycle for now thanks... ;)

Hey Mark... I told you he is on their payroll... Freakin $3000 monster now????? :efeee20b79:

1 minute ago, Marcglider said:

Hey Mark... I told you he is on their payroll... Freakin $3000 monster now????? :efeee20b79:

Sounds like you've looked into it already.  So when are you going to pull the trigger? :confused1:

:laughbounce2: the next 2 wheels for me are the mten and possibly an ACM (still waiting to get my MCM5 which I am sure I am going to love) but I am up in the air on that... I did a ride with @JES yesterday, we did 30 miles I was on my 18S, then we did about an hour on the 16S and Tesla, switching back and forth so he can decide which one he wants...:)

The riding I do really is best on a 16" wheel, so chasing another 18 or a monster doesn't seem smart, as to the delight of my accountant... I will say after swapping back and forth on the Tesla and 16S, I really love the KS... but that is probably because I have over 650 miles on it and only about 50 miles on the Tesla so far...

21 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

So when are you getting one (100v)?  I will have to be convinced with your wonderful expensive videos... :crying:

I already have a Monster and the 100-volt isn't big enough to want me to upgrade. And as already mentioned, it's an expensive wheel. Even mine, 1-1/2 years old, cost me $2500. I'll probably keep the 84-volt version until I wear it out.

3 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

:laughbounce2: the next 2 wheels for me are the mten and possibly an ACM (still waiting to get my MCM5 which I am sure I am going to love) but I am up in the air on that... I did a ride with @JES yesterday, we did 30 miles I was on my 18S, then we did about an hour on the 16S and Tesla, switching back and forth so he can decide which one he wants...:)

The riding I do really is best on a 16" wheel, so chasing another 18 or a monster doesn't seem smart, as to the delight of my accountant... I will say after swapping back and forth on the Tesla and 16S, I really love the KS... but that is probably because I have over 650 miles on it and only about 50 miles on the Tesla so far...

I don't have any experience on wheel larger than 16".  I will have to wait and see how MSX will workout even before I will fall for @Marty Backe's calling for larger wheel.  Monster as it stands now it seems to need one more upgrade for maximum wh, the way Gotways been putting their stuff out maybe next summer.

1 minute ago, Mark Lee said:

I don't have any experience on wheel larger than 16".  I will have to wait and see how MSX will workout even before I will fall for @Marty Backe's calling for larger wheel.  Monster as it stands now it seems to need one more upgrade for maximum wh, the way Gotways been putting their stuff out maybe next summer.

If I was in the market for a 18" wheel, after all my research, I think the MSX would be at the top of my list... That being said, I am not thrilled with all the new wheel problems and would wait for things to get sorted out... Also, the small batteries in these is a bit disappointing, my Tesla has a bigger battery than the new Z10 which is just crazy, the only reason for a big wheel for me is the range and comfort long distance... 

10 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I'm sure you will love MCM5 with 800wh (jealous).  It took more time than I thought to warm up to this wheel but now I really love it.  The size, weight, form factor and the looks, it is very useful wheel.  As I've been posting on my Night ride thread, it's much easier to ride up hills than ACM2 as you've mentioned yourself comparing 18" vs 16" wheels.

Just now, Mark Lee said:

I'm sure you will love MCM5 with 800wh (jealous).  It took more time than I thought to warm up to this wheel but now I really love it.  The size, weight, form factor and the looks, it is very useful wheel.  As I've been posting on my Night ride thread, it's much easier to ride up hills than ACM2 as you've mentioned yourself comparing 18" vs 16" wheels.

All the reason us "genuine enthusiasts" require a "STABLE" of wheels for the different MOODS and SITUATIONS we have...:cheers:

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I already have a Monster and the 100-volt isn't big enough to want me to upgrade. And as already mentioned, it's an expensive wheel. Even mine, 1-1/2 years old, cost me $2500. I'll probably keep the 84-volt version until I wear it out.

Hello Marty, I believe you have lifted both tesla and Msx.. I have to ask.. did Msx feel a lot heavier than the tesla? 

28 minutes ago, 김도도 said:

Hello Marty, I believe you have lifted both tesla and Msx.. I have to ask.. did Msx feel a lot heavier than the tesla? 

Yes, the MSX is a beast. I don't keep track of weight, but I'm sure there are some tables somewhere that list all of the weights

The MSX has a huge wheel and tire plus 1600wh of batteries. You would expect it to feel much heavier than the diminutive Tesla.

49 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Since I use my EUC to ride from my property to property, I convinced my accountant that it's a business write-off.  Check with your accountant if you have a business.

3 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Since I use my EUC to ride from my property to property, I convinced my accountant that it's a business write-off.  Check with your accountant if you have a business.

I may be a bit Paranoid..... I Prefer to keep my ANAL EXPLORITORIES for my Colonoscopies and not the IRS Auditors... :roflmao:

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the MSX is a beast. I don't keep track of weight, but I'm sure there are some tables somewhere that list all of the weights

The MSX has a huge wheel and tire plus 1600wh of batteries. You would expect it to feel much heavier than the diminutive Tesla.

Damn.. thats a bad news for me.. ? I have to carry it upstairs every time.. haha.. according to the tables, it has extra 4kg than the Tesla. But hard to guess how the extra 4kg would make it feel..

8 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I may be a bit Paranoid..... I Prefer to keep my ANAL EXPLORITORIES for my Colonoscopies and not the IRS Auditors... :roflmao:

I hear ya, guess it all depends on the business.  I buy tools and equipment all the time to write-off for business...

3 minutes ago, 김도도 said:

Damn.. thats a bad news for me.. ? I have to carry it upstairs every time.. haha.. according to the tables, it has extra 4kg than the Tesla. But hard to guess how the extra 4kg would make it feel..

I just looked up the weight of the 18S and it shows the same as MSuper... I have a Tesla... all I can say is Use your Gym Membership...:mellow:

Archived