Msuper x vs Tesla

DannyK

Is the Msuper x a lot harder to lift on stairs etc than the Tesla? I know its got better performance and components, but since it seems bigger and lot heavier, makes me think twice about it.. anyone who lifted both models could tell me whether mx is manageable or not on Tesla standards?

5 hours ago, 김도도 said:

Is the Msuper x a lot harder to lift on stairs etc than the Tesla? I know its got better performance and components, but since it seems bigger and lot heavier, makes me think twice about it.. anyone who lifted both models could tell me whether mx is manageable or not on Tesla standards?

I wouldn't want to carry most wheels up stairs, but any 18-inch wheel is not going to be fun compared to the Tesla.

Tesla is 19kg and the msuper v3+ is 23kg I think. (max battery versions)

Not a huge difference. I've heard the msuper has a quite stupid handle with sharp edges that dig into your palm.

I feel that my inmotion v8 spoils me thinking that all 16 inch wheels are 13kg. I've been hesitating to upgrade because of this.

I wish more wheels had magnesium frames and alloy motor parts to reduce weight wherever possible.

I was playing with the idea to ride a tesla with only one 510Ah battery but that is risky because the battery needs to supply twice the current which could be very high with such a powerful wheel. 

18 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Not a huge difference. I've heard the msuper has a quite stupid handle with sharp edges that dig into your palm.

I feel that my inmotion v8 spoils me thinking that all 16 inch wheels are 13kg. I've been hesitating to upgrade because of this.

I wish more wheels had magnesium frames and alloy motor parts to reduce weight wherever possible.

I was playing with the idea to ride a tesla with only one 510Ah battery but that is risky because the battery needs to supply twice the current which could be very high with such a powerful wheel. 

Very true. I wrapped mine with padded bicycle handlebar wrap and now it's nice and comfy to pick up.

17 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

MSX 1600wh is measured 23.1kg as well, I just asked one of the riders.. The handle seems like the problem as well.. heavier and sharper handle; wow how's that gonna work out. I worried at first too but managed to get along with relatively heavy 16inch Tesla.. Hope it could be the same with MSX

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I wouldn't want to carry most wheels up stairs, but any 18-inch wheel is not going to be fun compared to the Tesla.

Considering where I live, I have to carry the wheel 2 stories upstairs and I also take my wheel on subways time to time. I just dearly hope Im not makin a terrible mistake changing to MSX haha. Before getting the tesla I thought this wheel was too big and heavy, but I got along so :) And it seems sizewize MSX isnt that larger than Tesla.

Archived