wheel park

novazeus

everybody uses their wheels differently but i was wondering if such a thing existed, would u find value in it. 

after riding outside the ranch a couple of days ago, in ford’s restaurant pretty new asphalt parking lot, it opened my eyes to another level of fun factor to these wheels.

personally, idk how so many of the forum members can be separated from their dogs while they ride. 

if a wheel/dog park existed, with type 3 smooth asphalt track like 9 foot wide, cooler fans and mister’s around, dog pool etc, with great fencing be something u would use?

if somebody built that, and kept it clean and nice(no fleas), Bob and I would be all over that everyday. i’d rather have a membership in a wheel/dog park than a gym membership.

i don’t use my wheels for transportation, my only objective was to exercise Bob at a faster pace(i’m not running unless something is chasing me) but i am enjoying the longer learning curve of the wheels and how unique they are in riding characteristics. 

since i started inline skating around 1990, i’ve been wanting to build a private membership inline skate trail park(bicyclists too if they behave themselves)so i guess it’s my old idea evolving adding dogs and wheels.

florida in the summer is so hot and humid, i don’t think outdoor activities are healthy for Bob. i can get naked but he’s still in his fur coat, so a place outside with misters and chiller fans would be “cool”!

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

florida in the summer is so hot and humid, i don’t think outdoor activities are healthy for Bob. i can get naked but he’s still in his fur coat, so a place outside with misters and chiller fans would be “cool”!

Just shave Bob then...   :facepalm:

watching the local news now. some guy lost his six year old lab by taking it to the beach and the dog drinking sea water. sad. 

yeah Bob would not sit still for a shave. chiller fans would be a lot cheaper than getting my arms sewed back on.

i just wonder if people would ride their wheels for fun on a closed course. 

like drop off the wife at the outlet mall next door and u and the dog go to the wheel/dog park next door to get some fresh air and exercise ur pup.

i mean they built a big ass ice skating complex next door. people pay to go in there to skate. kinda like a go kart track but more rambling. 

inline skates, skate boards, bicycles, joggers, etc etc, just like the autobahn, passing only on the left.

down here they take our tax money to build apark on land they stole from the developer and still charge to get in the park.

this subdivision down the street dug a big hole, filled it with water and called it crystal lagoon. they charge to get in there. in a county with a town called land o lakes in it.

11 minutes ago, novazeus said:

watching the local news now. some guy lost his six year old lab by taking it to the beach and the dog drinking sea water. sad. 

yeah Bob would not sit still for a shave. chiller fans would be a lot cheaper than getting my arms sewed back on.

i just wonder if people would ride their wheels for fun on a closed course. 

like drop off the wife at the outlet mall next door and u and the dog go to the wheel/dog park next door to get some fresh air and exercise ur pup.

i mean they built a big ass ice skating complex next door. people pay to go in there to skate. kinda like a go kart track but more rambling. 

inline skates, skate boards, bicycles, joggers, etc etc, just like the autobahn, passing only on the left.

down here they take our tax money to build apark on land they stole from the developer and still charge to get in the park.

this subdivision down the street dug a big hole, filled it with water and called it crystal lagoon. they charge to get in there. in a county with a town called land o lakes in it.

I'd go there after dropping Mrs. TFU at the outlet mall... That is, assuming that you also have a liquor license?

46 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'd go there after dropping Mrs. TFU at the outlet mall... That is, assuming that you also have a liquor license?

wheel/dog/beer park.

3 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I wouldn't go more than once because for me riding my wheel is about clocking miles and going places. I wouldn't want to ride around in circles in the same area for too long. 

Even if the bar stops were compulsory? 

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Even if the bar stops were compulsory? 

I don't really drink at all. If they were weed stops, it'd be another story, but I think he's in the wrong state for that :D

6 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I wouldn't go more than once because for me riding my wheel is about clocking miles and going places. I wouldn't want to ride around in circles in the same area for too long. 

ya gotta factor in that it’s a totally enclosed wheel park for dogs. u go there to meet up with other wheel riders and their dogs and their dogs can go off leash following them around the trail. i did a rough measurement of the ranch and i could have an easy 3 mile loop around the edge. 

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

ya gotta factor in that it’s a totally enclosed wheel park for dogs. u go there to meet up with other wheel riders and their dogs and their dogs can go off leash following them around the trail. i did a rough measurement of the ranch and i could have an easy 3 mile loop around the edge. 

Consider @kasenutty and me in... Provided you can provide medicinal weed and overproof rum!

after getting a taste of that nice big smooooth parking lot, i want more. 

if i had a big asphalt area next to a dog park i could just turn Bob out in, which i could because he is so good natured and usually avoids any conflicts, so i wouldn’t feel guilty playing on my wheels, i’d practice for hours. wouldn’t be fun for me if i thought Bob wasn’t having fun.

15 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Consider @kasenutty and me in... Provided you can provide medicinal weed and overproof rum!

if affirmations work, i’ve been wanting a medical marijuana research and treatment center here since 2014. this guy i talked to just before his vacay a week or so ago has a client for a medical office campus, i dion’t know who or what it is, just medical something.

in light of my recent correspondence with my admitting nurse at the proton center in jax after she received my latest 0.6 psa lab and wanting to know what she thought about my succcess with cannabis oil.

Screenshot_20180626-152106_Email

18 minutes ago, nte said:

Build an obstacle course too, with something that’s not as hard as asphalt.

yes, exactly. 

this time of my life i’m fortunate enough to be able to spend 24/7 with Bob.

i’ve had other dogs but because of life, i couldn’t or didn’t spend all my time with them. i regret that. i know dog lovers that feel bad about leaving their pup home alone when they work and then they are gonna go ride a wheel without them. if they had a nice place to walk, jog, bicycle, skateboard, wheel, etc where there dog could run free or be in the supervised dog park while u did what ever. i’d pay $5 for that or a monthly nembership.

what a great way to introduce euc to people. a park for all wheeled contraptions without license plates. no petrol, not because of environment, because of noise. don’t want to disturb the wildlife.

before u go out on the mean streets u probably should have some level of competency on an obstacle course like that to know what ur wheel and u are capable of. i’d suit up for that.

Archived