Sunny Seattle Sunday Group Ride [July 15th]

Esper

At 10 am we will be meeting up at Gas Works Park.
Weather should be nice and sunny.
I will be attending with my newly fixed Dualtron II EX (I had a flat and new tubes arrived today)

Address: 2101 N Northlake Way, Seattle, Washington 98103.
The plan is to circle lake union, and afterwards destination is undecided.

Link to facebook event HERE.
I am not sure who on this forum is located in Seattle so I just hope people see this on their own.

GasWorksPark3.jpg7524424490_c54c35fd9e_b.jpg 

seattle-yoga-gas-works-park-street-yoga.jpg1200px-Seattle_Gas_Works_Park_old_gas_plant2013%20(1).jpg

3 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Hey, I'd like to go, but will be busy rehabbing a condo I'm trying to unload tomorrow morning. I'd really like to go for a ride though sometime. I don't have any RL friends on here. But, let's see, there's @brianle and @lawyerben I think. 

Well thats a shame you wont be able to make it. Maybe next time. There is another local I met today that I invited but he is going camping. Maybe closer to august we can get a bigger group going.

BTW - Circling lake union is about 6mi.  I run (yes, running, with feet) this every Wednesday at lunch.

But I'm not too healthy... On Thursday, I take the EUC from South Lake Union to a burger joint on the North side, down a burger & fries, and return with a Coke!

... and then I have to run on Saturday to burn that off.  Repeat.

Hello, I'm in Seattle area for a wedding this weekend and believe my friend will be working Mon and tues so might be able to hop on a limebike and meet up if anyone is free. (Maybe i can convince him to ride on aunday]

I have a ks18s  as my first wheel at home and love it, but am interested in a second wheel eventually. Would be nice to checkout any ewheel-available scooters. 

Dm  me and maybe we can meet up.

4 minutes ago, someguy152 said:

Hello, I'm in Seattle area for a wedding this weekend and believe my friend will be working Mon and tues so might be able to hop on a limebike and meet up if anyone is free. (Maybe i can convince him to ride on aunday]

I have a ks18s  as my first wheel at home and love it, but am interested in a second wheel eventually. Would be nice to checkout any ewheel-available scooters. 

Dm  me and maybe we can meet up.

Unfortunately, there are no rentable scooters here. There might be a few people in the area that have a spare wheel you can ride if you don't have one. And also, I am not 100% sure on the plan for riding this sunday the 22nd. But, if you want to check out the facebook group and post there, you may have better luck. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeattleAreaERiders/

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, I've been out of town so I missed this.  I'm in Bellevue, FWIW, but could get into Seattle for a ride I expect ... hmm, so long as bus drivers don't object to me bringing on an EUC ... I've had no problem with a folding bike, but it doesn't have a battery.  I could bring my backpackable EUC in stealth mode, but would rather the KS16S in a group ride situation!

1 hour ago, brianle said:

Dang, I've been out of town so I missed this.  I'm in Bellevue, FWIW, but could get into Seattle for a ride I expect ... hmm, so long as bus drivers don't object to me bringing on an EUC ... I've had no problem with a folding bike, but it doesn't have a battery.  I could bring my backpackable EUC in stealth mode, but would rather the KS16S in a group ride situation!

So far I have not gotten one issue with bringing it on a bus. I've done a commute with one in hand for well over a year without much issue. Only one time have I had a bus driver even ask what it was while talking about hoverboards on fire, and I just ignored him, paid the fare, and walked to my seat. Most of the other times, it has been a driver talking about how they might want one and where to get one.

Super, thanks Esper!  I guess my bigger concern is that I can take the bus OUT, but am not allowed to board when I want to go BACK.  I guess worst came to worst I could optionally just ride the EUC to another stop and try again with a different bus driver; sometimes two different lines will get me there and aren't all that far apart in EUC terms, or in some cases the next bus isn't all that long a wait.

But yes, acting nonchalant, "this is normal, nothing to see here" is certainly the way to go.  Asking "is this allowed?" just sets you up for trouble.

With my folding bike I can fit it under the front-of-bus "sideways" seats, and that's worked well.  I'm not sure if my KS16S would fit under those, but would be a bit less of a distraction if it did.

Archived