My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I updated mine a couple of days ago. I'm letting it sit for a week to see how much they fixed it. Good that they are still improving the Z10.

Yes @Marty Backe, it will be interesting to see what real world improvements have been made.  Having said that, I have already seen a post on the Ninebot Owners Facebook page, where one owner claims to have seen No improvement at all and after only 3 days on standby he had still lost 5% charge!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Yes @Marty Backe, it will be interesting to see what real world improvements have been made.  Having said that, I have already seen a post on the Ninebot Owners Facebook page, where one owner claims to have seen No improvement at all and after only 3 days on standby he had still lost 5% charge!

Maybe the change is that it still loses a lot of power, but it now stops draining the battery below a certain level. That would still suck.

With alll my other wheels, I can leave them turned off for a couple of months and when I turn them on, they have the full charge.

I really don't know what Ninebot was thinking when they designed their power system.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I updated mine a couple of days ago. I'm letting it sit for a week to see how much they fixed it. Good that they are still improving the Z10.

I updated my Z as well about a week ago and wanted to test the BMS's firmware effectiveness. My test was not valid due to the atmospheric conditions and abandonment. 

My Z had a full charge before I tossed into my truck last week. I was hoping to go riding.  Unfortunately It sat there in cold weather (my bad) until today. When I went to check on the voltage at lunch time it wouldn't turn on. I brought indoors and after 15 minutes of warming up it came back to life.  There was only 50% charge remaining. The cold definitely played a roll in the cell's rapid diminished voltage. Hopefully Marty's test is administered with greater oversight.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I updated mine a couple of days ago.

You brave, brave people! Wouldn’t be the first (or fifth) time when a firmware update secretly handicaps the wheel to a duller performance, slower top speed, or even bricks the device. At least any NineBot MiniPro, Airwheel A3 and various KingSong wheel users have learned this the hard way... :angry: :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I updated mine a couple of days ago.

You brave, brave people! Wouldn’t be the first (or fifth) time when a firmware update secretly handicaps the wheel to a duller performance, slower top speed, or even bricks the device. At least any NineBot MiniPro, Airwheel A3 and various KingSong wheel users have learned this the hard way... :angry: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

You can always flash it back with 9tool 😁 and go even faster 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stephen said:

You can always flash it back with 9tool 😁 and go even faster 

No longer works with the latest MiniPro firmwares, people have bricked their devices trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have a small cut on my Z10 tire thats kind of deep. Not something thats leaking right now, but I'm wondering if there is any kind of waterproof adhesive that would be good to put in the cut to prevent it from growing as the tire wears out? Anyone have a good idea on this? Thanks guys.

25 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

Hey guys,

I have a small cut on my Z10 tire thats kind of deep. Not something thats leaking right now, but I'm wondering if there is any kind of waterproof adhesive that would be good to put in the cut to prevent it from growing as the tire wears out? Anyone have a good idea on this? Thanks guys.

Superglue is the best fix ... just make sure you deflate the tyre first so that the cut is closed as the glue sets.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Nic said:

Superglue is the best fix ... just make sure you deflate the tyre first so that the cut is closed as the glue sets.

Totally agree. Superglue fixed a leaking cut from a piece of glass in my wheel, where Slime failed. You can read more here.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/11307-how-to-slime-a-ninebot-z10-tire/?page=2 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

”Z10 on a hill” made me think either of another funny slow-speed downhill crash, or perhaps @Marty Backe had found a technique to finally make the Z10 work on a downhill... Didn’t expect at all what I saw! :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 2:49 PM, Marty Backe said:

Last night I had downloaded the Ninebot Android app; apparently only one is used for all of their devices. Wow is all I have to say. I immediately connected to the wheel and I didn't have to create an account or give my social security number. It knew everything about the Z10 and was super easy to configure.

This is a security risk... CHANGE THAT BT PASSCODE NOW!!!!  You could be riding along and someone shuts off your wheel and you go flying!!!!

BTW I want to register on the forum... But this is critical if you don't want to go flying off the wheel.

Maybe its been covered elsewhere... I just wanted to make it clear that when its easy for you, its easy for everyone else too.

Edited by oneletterz

5 minutes ago, oneletterz said:

This is a security risk... CHANGE THAT BT PASSCODE NOW!!!!  You could be riding along and someone shuts off your wheel and you go flying!!!!

BTW I want to register on the forum... But this is critical if you don't want to go flying off the wheel.

Maybe its been covered elsewhere... I just wanted to make it clear that when its easy for you, its easy for everyone else too.

It's impossible for the app to shut off the wheel. For EUCs, your warning is overblown.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

It's impossible for the app to shut off the wheel. For EUCs, your warning is overblown.

Maybe not shut off but set a speed limit to 1 km/h. What would happen when this is done you doing 45.

17 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

Maybe not shut off but set a speed limit to 1 km/h. What would happen when this is done you doing 45.

Nope, can't happen. But if someone's worried about it then they can add passwords. I don't want to be bothered by passwords every time I get on my wheel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ziiten said:

If you set a new limit and quit this, the app reduces to the new limit already and slowly km/h per km/h. So there's no risk at all. 

BTW: I've a password and a bluetooth pin, but that works automatically in the app from MY cellphone. So there's nothing extra to do for me and I'm safe, because nobody else can connect. 

• Like 1