My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Kevin makes that 60-pound (27-kg) box look light as a feather. I hope you didn't get a hernia ;) 

Yes, Kevin's a top bloke and I really appreciated all his efforts in getting this first batch of Z10's to New Zealand, not forgetting him doing the heavy lifting from the car right into our lounge.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fbhb said:

Z10-Delivery-4.jpg

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Kevin makes that 60-pound (27-kg) box look light as a feather. I hope you didn't get a hernia ;) 

Ha ha… I actually swapped the Z10 for an Airwheel X3 (and then left before he opened it) - that is why it looked so light!  :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ha ha… I actually swapped the Z10 for an Airwheel X3 (and then left before he opened it) - that is why it looked so light!  :facepalm:

:roflmao:

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, Alex_from_NZ said:

So... I should look forward to meeting you with the next shipment? ???

I think the chance of that happening is quite likely...   :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That is so generous of you Kevin! I heard through the grapevine that @Jason McNeil will soon be offering the same service. ;)

The real deal would be a real celebrity (there's only one... Marty!) delivering the wheel. Can you imagine that? Door rings, you open it, "Hi guys!" - Marty is there with a big box! 5 minutes of Marty presence included in inflated price, more available for a steep fee :efee8319ab:

• Like 3

On 9/30/2018 at 2:22 AM, Marty Backe said:

ha! the man is a beast. 66 pounds 14 ounces. 

now that i’m down to just three wheels, my little s2 has become more popular.

2018-08-25_12-26-52

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

Anyone know what kind of attachment we need to get these charging from a regular outlet?

It's the same grounded 3-prong power cable you use for a desktop computer, etc. You can find this at any computer / electronics / hardware store.

ULT40313-main01-mc.jpg

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Steef Klonoa said:

Anyone know what kind of attachment we need to get these charging from a regular outlet?

Along with what @houseofjob has already written above, these leads are often called jug/kettle leads - as they are usually the cable that comes with an electric jug/kettle. I/some people always have plenty of spare ones lying around from old broken appliances.

2 hours ago, Steef Klonoa said:

Screenshot_2018-10-06-12-47-06.png

Given the price that we paid for the Z10 I don't think it's too much to ask to get the correct cord in the box, particularly if we're giving our money to EWheels. Hopefully they still aren't shipping without the correct cords.

8 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Any chance I can get you to deliver one to Austin Texas USA?  :-)

Sorry... no.

But I will stop and ride with you when I'm passing that way, if you're keen!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Given the price that we paid for the Z10 I don't think it's too much to ask to get the correct cord in the box, particularly if we're giving our money to EWheels. Hopefully they still aren't shipping without the correct cords.

Had double checked with the 9B rep that the correct chords would be included, sent a picture for illustration, receiving confirmation before shipping that they would be... We had adapters for European outlets from the last shipment but not these Chinese plugs. The choice was to either hold the orders order until Monday, or send, knowing that the average household very likely has many of these. Lesson learned: 1) demand photographic evidence, 2) will be stocking a couple hundred adapters for mistakes of this kind. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Steef Klonoa said:

Screenshot_2018-10-06-12-47-06.png

The cord you received is the Australasian standard which is used in China, Australia, and New Zealand.

The best, most compact adapters are the universal ones below. They can accept the Chinese (Australasian) as well as UK and European Schuko plugs, and adapt them to a standard grounded US outlet. They used to be easy to find on Travel websites and eBay and were inexpensive ($1.00-$1.50 each), but I could only find a 3-pack for $15 on Amazon. Click here for the Amazon link.

Adapter.jpg

Edited by litewave

Got my z10 ~ 5 days ago and rode it 2 longer tours and some short testing rounds. After experimenting with the tire pressure (startet much too high, very agile but so bumpy it throud me off one time :efeec46606:) i ride now with 30psi. My previous wheel was the inmotion v8 and i loved it, but this wheel is amazing!!! Its like a powerfull tank, in comparison with the v8 i nearly dont feel any bumps where the v8 had almost some problems with higher speed.

After the v8 for the range is impressive too and enough for all my rides. 

I only wonder how i can make videos with the telemetry / speed? In the inmotion app i was able to record a clip directly...

• Like 3

With apple you can use the screen recorder.

The Z10 always gives me 40-50km of range even when I ride relatively fast, also enough for me.

With the new darknessbot app I see peak power is not as high as I expected with max.2450Watts.

Future Ninebots should also move on to a high voltage system, in order to keep the current low and get even more peak power.I feel safe when riding with 40km/h and it's a comfortable ride with tire pressure at max 30psi (rider weight 90kg+).

5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

I heart GoPro Fusion :wub:

I'm so happy you love it!

I had one around the house, but I can't remember where I put it, and I've not seen it since I started riding 3 months ago.

Yesterday, while tidying my area at work, we found four in a box, so I have some Fusions to play with. I'm still a bit nervous about riding with a stick in my hands, but it's time to try.

• Upvote 1