My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

3 hours ago, Marcglider said:

can't think of a better reason to go work out except for "SHEILA"... lol  oh yeah I forgot, at least it is with my hang gliding buddy from NSW, and I never understood it but what is the reason Ausies don't like Kiwi's??? :confused1:

Im married so dont care what i look like anymore.  And im not sure why they dont like us, were OK sort.  We dont like them though cos they're fuckin Australian.. ;) 

3 hours ago, Nic said:

https://www.quora.com/Do-Australians-and-New-Zealanders-hate-each-other-If-so-why

In, short, its a myth...Aussies and Kiwi's get along just fine.

Piss off, penal colonies should never be allowed to breed.  They are an abomination... ;);) 

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Be sure to switch arms when you carry so you don’t end up with a Hulk bicep on one side.  :o

As previously mentioned, im married, so used to the switching arms technique already.. ;););) 

2 hours ago, JBoo said:

Firstly, the Z10 is a great commuter wheel (so far).  Winter is soon approaching here in Seattle and that will be the real test of the wheel, where I'll be riding usually 1 or more days a week in the rain.  As others have mentioned, the wheel is 50lbs, and is more cumbersome to lift than a 50lbs dumbbell.  While I don't have issues totting the wheel up and down a few flights of stairs, I'm pretty fit and wouldn't call it a trivial task by any means.

But because this is going to be your first euc, I'm going to be a wet blanket and recommend that you NOT get a Z10 as your first wheel.  When learning to ride for the first time, you are really going to bang-up the wheel you're training on.  Even if you manage to make it through the training phase with few issues and start street riding, the latter presents a whole slew of new issues that you never have to deal with when practicing in a nice, safe place, and only logging many, many miles on streets and sidewalks can train you for that.  For these reasons, I'd recommend getting a cheap wheel as you first wheel, something that you won't really care about banging up, or, if you discover you just don't enjoy it, you don't find yourself out a whole lot of money.  However, if money is no object, then, sure, knock yourself out and get a Z10 ;)

Seattle weather is similar to Auckland weather from my understanding.  We get a lot of squalls and even in summer it will rain one day a week usually.  The city itself has a nickname of the city of four seasons as we tend to see all 4 in any given day.  Im used to crap weather and i ride my Mini Pro in anything, im not too fussed, ill be geared up like all hell..

I know its not the BEST idea to ge it as a first wheel, but my situation means the first wheel i get, regardless of what it cost is likely the only wheel ill get past my missus for the foreseeable, and i like the solidity of the z10 among a bunch of other things.  I plan to wrap it like a mofo to protect it from the inevitable and limit any damage, but im not fussy about my things and prefer the utilitarian look anyway :D so if it gets tooooo banged up ill just paint it (got a booth and experience blah blah).  I get what your saying, and i see your point and if my situation was a little different or she didn't hold my balls with money then i would go down that path for sure.  As is im shocked ive got approval so far.. lets not jinx this eh ;)

2 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Or he could pad up @novazeus style with a yoga mat and then take them out once learnt to ride. The wheel also comes with upper and lower pads and my lower pads are already destroyed due to fallouts when learning. My upper pads are fine, although the tape attaching them does not work 100%.

Im going to be asking for, trying to get, extra pads, perhaps thicker versions as well.  I like the yoga mat idea but also have a bunch of pool floor tube type mat available (marine varient, very tough).

Cheers again everyone, this is not helping me with my anticipation levels and required wait time before i can get one to me!
Alex.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

my doggy scales are very accurate.

as shiiped with box

2018-08-25_12-26-52

hard to read but naked wheel 54 pounds 10 ounces. no trolley, pads, or rear fender.

2018-08-25_12-27-17

So 24kg in the rest of the world. :D;) Thats all good, way less cumbersome to try carry than the mini pro even if it is twice the weight.

Cheers!

54 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

As previously mentioned, im married, so used to the switching arms technique already.. ;););) 

You carry your wife around attached to a handle? :huh::)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Im married so dont care what i look like anymore.  And im not sure why they dont like us, were OK sort.  We dont like them though cos they're fuckin Australian.. ;) 

Piss off, penal colonies should never be allowed to breed.  They are an abomination... ;);) 

Seattle weather is similar to Auckland weather from my understanding.  We get a lot of squalls and even in summer it will rain one day a week usually.  The city itself has a nickname of the city of four seasons as we tend to see all 4 in any given day.  Im used to crap weather and i ride my Mini Pro in anything, im not too fussed, ill be geared up like all hell..

I know its not the BEST idea to ge it as a first wheel, but my situation means the first wheel i get, regardless of what it cost is likely the only wheel ill get past my missus for the foreseeable, and i like the solidity of the z10 among a bunch of other things.  I plan to wrap it like a mofo to protect it from the inevitable and limit any damage, but im not fussy about my things and prefer the utilitarian look anyway :D so if it gets tooooo banged up ill just paint it (got a booth and experience blah blah).  I get what your saying, and i see your point and if my situation was a little different or she didn't hold my balls with money then i would go down that path for sure.  As is im shocked ive got approval so far.. lets not jinx this eh ;)

Im going to be asking for, trying to get, extra pads, perhaps thicker versions as well.  I like the yoga mat idea but also have a bunch of pool floor tube type mat available (marine varient, very tough).

Cheers again everyone, this is not helping me with my anticipation levels and required wait time before i can get one to me!
Alex.

use double sided masking tape to stick it on with.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You carry your wife around attached to a handle? :huh::)

Coincidentally, today marks 125 years of Women's Suffrage in New Zealand...  https://nzhistory.govt.nz/culture/suffrage125

And honestly, if that is what they chose to vote for, who are we to argue?   :blink1:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

hard to read but naked wheel 54 pounds 10 ounces. no trolley, pads, or rear fender.

2018-08-25_12-27-17

Wouldn't 54 pounds 10 ounces rather display as 54.63 ≈ 54 + 10/16? Or am I wrong that 16 ounces are 1 pound?

Edited by Mono

28 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

In the other photo you can see the scale has readout in section 1 for lb, and section 2 for oz.  Otherwise you would be correct.

ah, thanks. That is, 24.8kg without trolley handle then. Bummer.

2 hours ago, Mono said:

Wouldn't 54 pounds 10 ounces rather display as 54.63 ≈ 54 + 10/16? Or am I wrong that 16 ounces are 1 pound?

Isn't it amazing the technology of the Chinese... they made a scale that can cycle through different settings for readings so the owner/reader can choose their preference on the display??? I am Truly amazed that my digital air pressure gauge will allow me to read my tire pressure in PSI, Bar, or KPI.... :whistling:

And yes your educational system taught you correct... 16 ounces = 1 pound...

Edited by Marcglider
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mono said:

this scale does pounds and ounces. it’s pretty darn accurate because i’ve checked it with fedex and ups scales.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I was worried this wheel would not be suitable for some slow riding around pedestrians on my commute, many comments here had alluded to the difficulty.  Now i know your pro AF Marty, but this video just inspired a lot of confidence i haven't made the worst choice possible.

Cheers from an excited Alex.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

seems to be a lot of "ALLUDING" going on in the Forum lately... it is a bit unfortunate in my opinion

Perhaps I'm being a tad unfair, I'm sure it has been alluded to here a few times that I've read but if I'm being honest it was Speedyfeets unboxing and range test video that made me start to wonder about my decision.  Glad its an outlier of an opinion i can gleefully ignore in place of others opinions and my own burning desire.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Except for the Mten3, the Z10 is the best agile slow-speed wheel that I've ridden. People who say otherwise either haven't ridden it or have only ridden it for a short time.

Great choice that you made :thumbup:

u beat me to it. i was gonna say boy that wheel sucks at slow speed maneuvering. and u looked so uncomfortable riding it. 

ha ha.

i mean i can do any of that stuff but what little i can do slow speed it waay easier on the z10. 

i think the more u ride the z10 exclusively the more intuitive the wheel becomes, at least i’m hoping for that and obviously hoping they stay sound mechanically being a new release and all.

1 minute ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Perhaps I'm being a tad unfair, I'm sure it has been alluded to here a few times that I've read but if I'm being honest it was Speedyfeets unboxing and range test video that made me start to wonder about my decision.  Glad its an outlier of an opinion i can gleefully ignore in place of others opinions and my own burning desire.

i think u did good.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I know who you were referring too... between that and some stuff that has reared it's head (again) regarding the GW and specifically the MSX, I am a bit bummed with some things on here... I put 16 miles on my ACMv2 and 9 miles on my Tesla today... I plan on doing about 15 miles on my Z10 tomorrow morning... I LOVE riding my wheels, have not had any problems, love the challenge of getting better on each of them, and some of the "CRAP" I read is just that... "CRAP"... I am sure you will dig your decision... Enjoy the learning curve :cheers:

• Like 2

Green now has the majority of Z10 replacement parts available to order, just follow this link: https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Ninebot-Z6-Z10/32922646414.html

14 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Green now has the majority of Z10 replacement parts available to order, just follow this link: https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Ninebot-Z6-Z10/32922646414.html

Or you could try your local Ninebot distributor...   :D

Well of course, I'm one of the lucky ones that actually has a Local Ninebot distributor (Now Who Could That Be, I Wonder?)  Most of the Z10 owners from Europe & some other countries had no option but to buy from China! Now Hurry Up With That Black Box Already! :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1