My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Perfect. I was hoping that there might be a more portable version. Pricey stuff.

i was shocked too at the price but it is three cans. paying more for the convenience and it might be cheaper elsewhere but the small can is excellent. 

combine that with the slime and ur done. sb anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't blame you for not seeing all posts, but the specific problem that I'm having with the MSX is that I can't put Slime in it. There is an obstruction (probably a flap of rubber) that prevents Slime from getting in the tire. Only high pressure air can make it into the tube.

This is why the stuff like Fix-a-Flat will probably work for me.

All my other wheels have Slime added before I ride them, as a preventative measure.

yeah i saw u said there was a membrane in there. 

i don’t blame u for not trying to defeat it. could be a defect.

the aerosol slime is probably latex based paint like fix a flat is now, ie water soluble and environmentally safe, so as ur dying in the desert u can feel good about saving the planet.

maybe jason can look at a replacement tube and figure out how to defeat the one way membrane.

the big gallon sizes i used to buy if my memory is correct had a screw on fitting and a pump. u might wanna look at that. waay cheaper than the little bottles.

dis stuff

Slime 10162 Tube Tire Sealant, 1 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XLY7Y1A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_HGRMBbS8KX4P5

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

@Marty Backe, regarding the light mystery, mine behaves like this

long press always toggles 'light on', but I need to turn it of with light on, to enable the ring light...

Light on -> power off Z10 -> Power On Z10 => Light on+No light sensor reaction + front ring light => long press toggles 'light' but unable to turn off 'front ring light'

Light off -> power off Z10 -> Power On Z10 => Light off+No light sensor + no front ring light => long press toggles 'light' but unable to turn on 'front ring light'

I'm not using the app since my phone can't keep connected to the Z10 for more than 10 seconds

I must say I am a bit puzzled, because the light sensor was running when I was driving home today, but now when I wanted to describe what I tought I had figured out... The light sensor is not reacting... The light sensor is at the same place as the battery indicator (or about there)

regarding braking power, I actually fell of the wheel trying to brake, because some "#¤% riding something like thissmoch.thumb.jpg.34ac6af098157188fc98b0778088713e.jpg had stopped in the middle of the bike lane, and I was surrounded by bikes due to rush hour! perhaps I was also checking my phone :/ lesson learned, keep distance when not able to skip around.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, who_the said:

YMMV and I wish you success. But I tried the Slime fix-a-flat stuff three flats ago. Didn't work at all, and the hole was literally a pin prick.

Thanks. Guess I won't be buying the Slime version. I trust first-hand experiences.

Now I just need to hear from someone who has fixed an EUC tire with Fix-a-Flat.

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yeah i saw u said there was a membrane in there. 

i don’t blame u for not trying to defeat it. could be a defect.

the aerosol slime is probably latex based paint like fix a flat is now, ie water soluble and environmentally safe, so as ur dying in the desert u can feel good about saving the planet.

maybe jason can look at a replacement tube and figure out how to defeat the one way membrane.

the big gallon sizes i used to buy if my memory is correct had a screw on fitting and a pump. u might wanna look at that. waay cheaper than the little bottles.

dis stuff

Slime 10162 Tube Tire Sealant, 1 Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XLY7Y1A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_HGRMBbS8KX4P5

Thanks. Anything based on hand pressure won't cut it. The membrane that's in the way is super tough. I'm receiving a new tube from Jason today or tomorrow. I'll still wait for the next flat to swap it out.

I'll get some Fix-a-Flat in a pressurized can. I have nothing to lose but everything to gain if I get a flat in the wilderness.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. Anything based on hand pressure won't cut it. The membrane that's in the way is super tough. I'm receiving a new tube from Jason today or tomorrow. I'll still wait for the next flat to swap it out.

I'll get some Fix-a-Flat in a pressurized can. I have nothing to lose but everything to gain if I get a flat in the wilderness.

Hey Marty I was just thinking maybe you can make a bottle out of something strong attach the hose for the slime and also put a fitting on it to attach to your air compressor fill it with as much slime as you want to use and use air pressure to lightly pressure the Slime into the tube... Just a thought

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Now I just need to hear from someone who has fixed an EUC tire with Fix-a-Flat.

Not that exactly, but I can personally confirm an msuper V3 was saved from letting way too much air out to soften the tire and then realizing the pump doesn't fit by a can of similar pressurized puncture-fix stuff. 70km of incident-free mountain riding ensued, which wouldn't have worked without the can. But it didn't fix a flat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marcglider said:

Hey Marty I was just thinking maybe you can make a bottle out of something strong attach the hose for the slime and also put a fitting on it to attach to your air compressor fill it with as much slime as you want to use and use air pressure to lightly pressure the Slime into the tube... Just a thought

I appreciate the suggestion. But honestly, with the amount of work needed to rig that up, I would most likely just install a new tube :)

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

ya i am stubborn. probably more than anybody else on the planet.

when the “experts” (doctors) told me i’d be dead in three months over 4 years ago because of my advanced stage prostate cancer, i said “well, we’ll see about that and no i don’t want any of ur horrible drugs or treatments”.

convincing the sheeple that there is a cure for cancer, is harder than curing the cancer. the government is excellent in brainwashing the masses.

what is really sad is, my urologist that called me at home and told me i had 3 months to live, when i call him 4 years later and say “hi, i’m still here” doesn’t even have the intellectual curiosity to inquire how. 

wheels are one thing, who cares, but when it comes to ur health, just because somebody is wearing a lab coat and calls himself a doctor, they aren’t God. figure ur shit out for urself. opinions is all they are. in a hundred years, doctors will look back at this time and think doctors were barbarians with terrible solutions.

Most medicines are poisons of some kind. We use them only if the benefit B is greater than their vice, V. However, it is hard to know whether B>V or V>B. One thing I can be sure is that EUCing is good for people's health. Possibly you are an example of EUCing can cure cancer!

Here is a paper presenting fact that Doctors on strike are better than doctors who work help people stay away from their own funerals:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1127364/

8 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

Most medicines are poisons of some kind. We use them only if the benefit B is greater than their vice, V. However, it is hard to know whether B>V or V>B. One thing I can be sure is that EUCing is good for people's health. Possibly you are an example of EUCing can cure cancer!

Here is a paper presenting fact that Doctors on strike are better than doctors who work help people stay away from their own funerals:

doesn’t hurt but i only started riding wheels this year.

my medicine, cannabis oil, isn’t the best for keeping ur balance. walking can be tricky sometimes, stairs, terrifying.

46 minutes ago, Jekyll_500 said:

Today I felt pretty comfortable with the Z10 and no wobbles at any speed up to the max. But I had nearly the same experience as Marty in his decline test with the pre production wheel. I got up a very steep sidewalk next to a stair with 15-16Degrees it felt powerful and got me up with no problems at all (ca.100m) at the decline after 20m it suddenly shut off and crashed down...The foam protector, the pedals and the trolley handle got the most „damage“, the wheel itself had no real signs of this accident. I was declining with 3-4km/h and it felt pretty stable, no fast braking or something else it just cut off in a millisecond and I could jump of fast enough, but I am now a little bit frustrated that the production wheel shows such a big problem at this kind of decline.

Ninebot shows maximum angles of 25Degrees and now it seems to be 15degrees or less when you want to decline with 195lbs?!? Ninebot has to do something against this behavior. I‘ve sent them the Blackbox data, let’s see what they‘ll respond.

Well that's disconcerting. I've never experienced a cutout, but maybe your additional weight is enough to push it over the edge (and cutout).

As I've mentioned before, I detected zero improvement in descending performance from the pre-production wheel to my production unit. Much stronger in uphill power but nada when going downhill. Still have no idea if the Ninebot engineers are aware of this issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2018 at 12:31 AM, Marcglider said:

Any feedback on the APP update for the Z??? I will download it later if no one has had any issue's....

Why would there be issues? Been using it since release, haven’t noticed anything other than improvement to the locking function.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, EUCMania said:

sorry been busy but finally got around to that publication. 

i agree.

that’s good and thanks for sharing that. i’m sending it to friends.

this is my friend i recently started advising on her cancer. she’s doing good. she had already done like 4 rounds of chemo before i reached out to her. shes off chemo now and using cannabis oil. she posted this on facebook today. that’s her on the left and her bf behind her. idk who the old coot standing next to her is.

42876530500_087fea5f07_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, Marty Backe said:

do the little bottles of slime have a screw on valve adaptor and pump? the gallon sizes do. that pump should be able to force stuff in better than a squeeze bottle.

was riding my Z10 today at what I would call a noticable wind, I checked the power, and it was constant 35amps at 35kph :D, and only 42degrees system temperature :thumbup:

here you can sense the wind blowing

20180916_181001.thumb.jpg.a87b14bac5312c2b9ba6712dd27107a0.jpg

I'm not supposed to here, but Z10 took me there, Btw the 'flattening' done by mr. big-wheel here, that was pretty tough terrain :)

20180916_182557.thumb.jpg.51cbb5af7bb89e16323b7fcdcfafe676.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

Got an update from Jason this morning, the second batch of Z10's will be shipping out in the next week or so. Wooooo :w00t2:

I  just checked my email. No emails from Jason yet.... 

When did you submit your preorder?

3 hours ago, Ather said:

Will you be able to ride it in winter. 

I asked Chris (houseofjob) about this. It should be able to handle road salts fine and you probably don't want to ride it under 14 degrees fahrenheit, but you definitely can ride them in the winter. I've seen chooch and extreme euc use them in 6 inches of snow too. I won't be putting studs on my tire though so if the roads are slippery I probably won't be commuting with it.