My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I understand what you're saying, but I didn't mean to be too hard on Chooch (see my smiley faces). It's meant to be good natured ribbing, on my part.

All's good now with the wheel :D

Most members (including myself) would trust you with any of our wheels on loan. They would probably be returned in better shape than when you received them.   :thumbup:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, nte said:

Not 995Wh?

18 minutes ago, novazeus said:

jason’s chart

42521374445_89a0db532d_b.jpg

10 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

No, you're right.

ZqkII9a.jpg

Everyone is right. I had a brain fart :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

No, you're right.

ZqkII9a.jpg

that’s interesting. it says do not expose to temperatures higher than 122 f, but if the container transporting them is exposed to the sun, the temps in there could be easily 145 degrees. i know, i’m living in one now for almost 3 years. they get hot.

21 minutes ago, novazeus said:

that’s interesting. it says do not expose to temperatures higher than 122 f, but if the container transporting them is exposed to the sun, the temps in there could be easily 145 degrees. i know, i’m living in one now for almost 3 years. they get hot.

Yeah, that seems ridiculous. Hell, it was literally that temperature in a few places in Southern California last week. And that would mean we couldn't transport it in the back of our car.

I'm calling BS :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

My 2 cents: 25PSi is too low for the average male bodyweight on the Z tire, don't really subscribe to what others have said.

Under 30PSI for me at 175-180lbs rider weight did too much underinflated pull left and right, ~30PSI eliminated this at my spec.

When I take it into the hills tonight I'm going to vary the pressure. Unfortunately, the little riding that I did at >30psi made for a much harder ride.

Catch twenty two. You want lower pressure in trail riding to reduce the abuse that your legs go through, but then the tracking sucks. Pump the tire up and it tracks good but it destroys your legs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, that seems ridiculous. Hell, it was literally that temperature in a few places in Southern California last week. And that would mean we couldn't transport it in the back of our car.

I'm calling BS :)

Hmm. So I have a question... after riding the machine can you charge it right away or let the machine cool down first and then charge it ? 

Also someone please demystify the correct psi for riding the z10 ?

Thankyou. 

1 minute ago, Stan Onymous said:

Nope. Not possible.

It seems to be conditional on body weight, riding style, terrain, possible lunar cycles and tide charts, it is a fantastically interesting vehicle and you learn a lot about riding by just trying it out. @Marty Backe is gonna have to keep it for twice as long as chooch to really deconstruct this onion of a vehicle. Perfectperson for the task!

Thankyou so much. I got so used to riding my acm's always at 45-50 psi I weight in at 210lbs and I'm 6'4". I am absolutely clueless about this one. At least what the minimum riding psi would be for this z10 without damaging the tire. 

8 minutes ago, Vikas said:

Hmm. So I have a question... after riding the machine can you charge it right away or let the machine cool down first and then charge it ? 

Also someone please demystify the correct psi for riding the z10 ?

Thankyou. 

I never wait to charge my wheels. They aren't drawing enough current in use to make the batteries warm. In practice I usually don't get around to plugging the wheel in right away, but sometimes I do.

Regarding the Z10 - see @Stan Onymous's reply below :D I can say that this wheel won't be a single psi wheel, that's for sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I never wait to charge my wheels. They aren't drawing enough current in use to make the batteries warm. In practice I usually don't get around to plugging the wheel in right away, but sometimes I do.

Regarding the Z10 - see @Stan Onymous's reply below :D I can say that this wheel won't be a single psi wheel, that's for sure.

Thanks so much Marty. I really appreciate your feedback. I am sure you'll decimate this wheel at a molecular level for all of us ?

Edited by Vikas
  • Like 1

I enjoy the squirrliness of the Mten3...when I'm in the mood, but not an everydayer. No substitute for the look and feel of the Mten3, seems the Z will be the same! Great addition to a collection. Who owns just one wheel anyways??

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tom Skanks said:

I enjoy the squirrliness of the Mten3...when I'm in the mood, but not an everydayer. No substitute for the look and feel of the Mten3, seems the Z will be the same! Great addition to a collection. Who owns just one wheel anyways??

Exactly :D