My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

1 minute ago, Gustesta said:

I left the wheel to cool down and it's recharging again.  I had to bring it inside the house (air conditioning).  My garage was more than 100F.

Wow, very interesting. And good for you that you don't have to worry about a possible broken wheel :thumbup:

2 hours ago, US69 said:

@Marty Backe

What are your Feelings About the (announced) increased 1/3 more torque so far?

This video @Marty Backe has posted would have been whilst he still had the eWheels demo. I think Marty will have his own personal Z10 to answer that question in a day or two. I imagine many of us will be looking out for the production Z10's return to Marty's testing grounds and the video footage that follows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Great! :angry: I sent about four messages about the chords to our 9B Account Manager & the valve extender (which they used on the E+!) before the Wheels were shipped. 

It was incredible the Fulfillment team were able to ship the stuff out yesterday. The CN shipping agent gave us a telephone number of the cargo airline, which doesn't work, none of their numbers work. Then as is the ways with these shipping Companies, the Driver shows up to collect in the morning & had to wait 4 hours for his turn at the terminal, then approached by onslaught of LA traffic. They didn't arrive at the warehouse until 4:30 PM PST. We were able to shift the Fedex collection to 5:30 & they made a valiant effort to send the orders out the same hour of arrival!

@Marty Backe are you not worried that by posting pictures of your house, all your Groupie friends will show unannounced, like this girl? 
https://www.facebook.com/nevin.tectoyz/videos/463467834151141

OK, that just made my day :D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Great! :angry: I sent about four messages about the chords to our 9B Account Manager & the valve extender (which they used on the E+!) before the Wheels were shipped.

Personally I like the flexible valve extender but it can’t be open ended, it has to have a valve at the end. 

My solution was to attach a 1-1/4” valve extension and an o-ring to the flexible valve extender. 

Perhaps next batch can have the flexible valve extender with a valve at the end. 

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

My Personal Z10 Arrives

Finally, after I don't know how many months, my Z10 has arrived

30334111118_99fd10a7cf_b.jpg

30334111638_0120d566a2_b.jpg

Wow, seeing a virgin Z10 is a beauty to behold. This is by far the most beautiful out-of-the-box wheel that I've ever seen! Period!

Surprisingly, EWheels didn't stick a pair of wrist guards in the box like they do their other wheels (I'm collecting them, and using them) :(

@Jason McNeil had also commented in the past that he was going to have a different valve extension shipped with his version of the wheel. Nope. And the one that Ninebot provides sucks - it has no valve on the end. As soon as you connect it the air starts escaping. What the hell? Fortunately I have my ghetto valve extension (see my video above), so I'm good. But all you other guys, you'll have to adapt something. I strongly recommend my ghetto version :)

The AC plug is European style. If you don't have a bunch of extra PC cords laying about, you're going to have to buy something quick. @Jason McNeil should probably fix this for future shipments - not everyone has extra cords laying about.

My wheel has 50-percent battery charge - Yea! I have to go to work - Nay!!! :crying:

Funny, when the wheel is first turned on, this is what you get

The only way to get this to stop is by activating the wheel. Activation requires entering your e-mail. The e-mail is permanent and there is no e-mail validation, so don't screw up when entering the text.

On the pre-production unit I could never hear evidence of a fan. I can certainly hear the humming of a fan now, and it appears to be always on (my wheel is at 28-degrees right now). If it's not the fan I'm hearing I don't know what it is.

Finally, and this is huge, WheelLog and Pebble work with the Z10 (get the latest version). This is amazing, and I never thought I'd have Pebble watch functionality with the Z10. Thank you so much @palachzzz :cheers: and @Lukasz  :clap3:for publicizing this upgrade.

Other than that, I'm charging it for a some riding tonight and my mountain torque test tomorrow.

Damn.... so much envy.

Hopefully I can secure mine in the next batch. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

are you not worried that by posting pictures of your house, all your Groupie friends will show up unannounced, like this girl? 
https://www.facebook.com/nevin.tectoyz/videos/463467834151141

Unfortunately @Marty Backe‘s home address and photo was already post by some Bob guy on the forum months ago.:wacko:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Jason McNeil had also commented in the past that he was going to have a different valve extension shipped with his version of the wheel. Nope. And the one that Ninebot provides sucks - it has no valve on the end. As soon as you connect it the air starts escaping.

Just a thought ... if you screw the valve extender into a bicycle pump first, then connect to the tyre valve, will it still leak air?

Just now, Nic said:

Just a thought ... if you screw the valve extender into a bicycle pump first, then connect to the tyre valve, will it still leak air?

Probably not, but that's inconvenient considering that you have to twist the extender half a dozen times to get it engaged. That means you're going to be fighting the hose from the pump the entire time.

As has already been mentioned, everyone should just get a 1-inch valve extender for a car and permanently attach it to the Ninebot extender. Of use my ghetto extender from the video above.

That's something I don't like about it. On my other wheels I overinflate using the extender, remove the extender and then I take my pressure gauge and deflate to the right pressure. There is so little air in those tires that I lose 0.4 bar by just unscrewing the extender. Now I have to guess what pressure I will be at as the unscrewing process always lets out some air.

6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

That's something I don't like about it. On my other wheels I overinflate using the extender, remove the extender and then I take my pressure gauge and deflate to the right pressure. There is so little air in those tires that I lose 0.4 bar by just unscrewing the extender. Now I have to guess what pressure I will be at as the unscrewing process always lets out some air.

On my ghetto extender essentially no air escapes when unscrewing it.