1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

I am very impressed with the reliability of the MiniPros.  Only one flat after 800km in one tire, and that was easily fixed with a sealant in a few minutes and no mess.  I bent up the charger door once, but that was my fault dragging it around in the bush by the trolly handle.  I was able to take it apart and repair it quite easily to be a good as new.  That's why I still say if the MiniPro had more speed, and a larger battery I would be in heaven.

The bike has been more expensive, but it does have much more range. 

I just finished adding air to one of the MiniPro tires.  I just noticed the lower battery range that I was getting and corrected this.

I did have a motor go out on a different MiniPro that may have been a combination of stretching it’s capacity.  I had been riding with an extra 20 Lb vested weight.  Additionally, it was a rainy day when it groaned to a loud noise and stopped.  Yes, I flipped backwards to the ground also.  Now, I have an unexpected backup MiniPro for parts.

I do use the extra battery for longer distances and the speed is good enough for my travels: business, social or fun.

The bikes seem old fashioned now, and I have no interest in their limitations and bulkiness.

The Loomo Robot piques my interest as it may become more programmable and flexible with transport capabilities.  Combining it with better drones, than what I have, may provide enhanced video recordings.

We’ll see what the future transport devices appear that match my changing lifestyle.

22 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

We’ll see what the future transport devices appear that match my changing lifestyle.

Internet report from Business Insider:

• Since February, Uber users have been able to book an electric bike through the app. Now the bikes are taking a big chunk out of Uber's core ride-hailing business. 
  • An Uber employee published early results of an analysis that found that the company booked 10% fewer rides in cars and SUVs in San Francisco after it got into bike sharing. 
  • The data suggests that Uber could be in serious trouble if the emerging scooter-sharing market also cuts into its core business. 
Electric-scooter-sharing startups are racing to become as dominant as  Uber  and Lyft in this wacky and well-funded transportation business that's revolutionizing transit in America. 

On Thursday, Santosh Rao, a policy researcher at Uber, published a  Medium post  saying that Uber trips in San Francisco fell 10% overall after the company got into the bike-sharing business in February. During peak traffic hours, Uber trips in cars and SUVs declined as much as 15%, the analysis found.

18 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Electric-scooter-sharing startups are racing to become as dominant as  Uber  and Lyft in this wacky and well-funded transportation business that's revolutionizing transit in America. 

It’s possible that the public will discover scooters and then venture to the Segway family of transporters.

Segway wins.  People discover. Some generate revenue.

Here’s an article reviewing the scooter experience.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2018/07/31/test-drive-limes-electric-scooters-are-fun-and-easy-but-are-they-practical-for-chicago-commutes?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Recommends 7.31.18&utm_term=Reader Recommends

3 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

It’s possible that the public will discover scooters and then venture to the Segway family of transporters.

Segway wins.  People discover. Some generate revenue.

Here’s an article reviewing the scooter experience.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2018/07/31/test-drive-limes-electric-scooters-are-fun-and-easy-but-are-they-practical-for-chicago-commutes?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Recommends 7.31.18&utm_term=Reader Recommends

Definitely, just posted to show that the landscape is changing.  The rental e-bikes are also quite popular where they are available.  I think the end result is cities will eventually have to start considering these other forms or transportation for commuting and recreation.  It's interesting that UBER and the like might be the first affected, and traditional taxis have another hill to climb.

Kick Scooters, like bicycles, have a big advantage in that people don't see the need for as much safety gear with them  Makes them easy to use for small trips and longer ones with their large batteries.  People are wakening up about EUCs somewhat, and see the wisdom in safety gear, but it can be a bit of a pain. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I would do this if I had youngsters still with me.

I think I have to try it anyway.... but not sure where I could use it.... so may not buy it right away.  Just so cool that they did it.  I know I'll try it a few times and then box it up... but...

Edited by FreeRide

Really it's a good design and technical work. I showed it to a neighborhood child, he did not smile, he watched well, and very seriously, sober, determined, but not smiling like a "that's great this thing" he says simply, without enthusiasm, I" want it"

and as I live in a poor neighborhood, I am sad to see that the price of this product will not allow everyone to get it.
Same sadness as for the Mini, two years ago, when prices were over 999 euros

it's terrible, because it's very nice products that attract the sympathy of people on the street

Edited by jojo33

• 4 weeks later...
On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM, MetricUSA said:

Well well well... Some people were correct saying ninebot was limiting us! Dammit,! It CAN DO 25km/h!!!

I would be completely satisfied if I can do 25 km/h (with mini)

I'm really so hungry into see how fast is the Mini in gokart MOde:furious: I'm really tired to be  forced in damnmed silly 18kph max speed lock:furious:

Zugu, the speed limiting of the MiniPRO is at least partly due to its need to keep the rider upright while negotiating obstacles, especially on a hill. The blog describing the MiniPRO development at

http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4100&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D43 1/23

(use Google Translate or the Chrome browser) explains in detail the surprising amount of power needed to carry a 100Kg rider up a 15 degree slope, and how the MiniPRO only just has enough power to do this safely. The Go-Kart has no such limitation as it is not supporting its rider weight.

I think it is misleading to equate Go-Kart speed with Personal Transporter speed :) There are huge differences in their relative power needs and the motors/battery are limited resources :)

We all known these conceps.... Anyway is demostrate that miniPro is really too much conservative and limited.... The russian team has demostrate that safely can go 22-23kph;)

These days I'm riding my new Elite+ that has a peak speed of 22-23kph but I can assure that it could be able to go safely 30-32kph ;) now its power let you maintain the top speed either over uphill and garage ramps B):thumbup:

6 hours ago, zugu said:

The Russian team has demonstrate that safely can go 22-23kph;)

Yes, but more motor power is needed to maintain that speed uphill and over obstacles. I am envious of your Elite+, that is an excellent upgrade...2x1350 Watts motor power allows plenty of safety margin by comparison with the best MiniPRO at 1000 peak watts (for short periods) and 2x400 Watts rated motors (2x350 for the US miniPROs).

The 12+" tyres (85/50-12) should allow it to handle most obstacles. I have just installed some new 85/65-6.5 'soft,offroad) tyres on one of my MiniPros, and it has made a huge difference. Much more sure-footed than the More4mini knobblies. Will post some piccys once I get a better idea of how well they handle 'obstacles' (1" ledges, etc). Tell us more about your Elite+? :)

On 9/12/2018 at 7:47 AM, trevmar said:

Zugu, the speed limiting of the MiniPRO is at least partly due to its need to keep the rider upright while negotiating obstacles, especially on a hill. The blog describing the MiniPRO development at

http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4100&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D43 1/23

(use Google Translate or the Chrome browser) explains in detail the surprising amount of power needed to carry a 100Kg rider up a 15 degree slope, and how the MiniPRO only just has enough power to do this safely. The Go-Kart has no such limitation as it is not supporting its rider weight.

I think it is misleading to equate Go-Kart speed with Personal Transporter speed :) There are huge differences in their relative power needs and the motors/battery are limited resources :)

This x10000000. I can’t understand why people are still harping on about the miniPRO being crippled. In rider mode it has to balance all our fat asses, which it does brilliantly. With no rider (in go-kart mode) of COURSE it’s faster. 

miniPro could safely balance a rider till 28kph !!! At 30kph it starts to has some hesitations during uphill with riders over 230 pounds !!

It's actual 18kph max speed is a fucking conservative limitation :furious:

Edited by zugu
  • Like 1

Zugu, I have just come back from a ride around our neigborhood with my wife. There were roads that almost beeped me to a standstill, and few slopes that I could get anywhere near the MiniPRO speed limits on. Are they 15degrees? 20 degrees? I have no idea. All I know that I have to traverse them to get to the other side. And doing that places a load on my MiniPro N3M320 which is right at its limit. I can't do it on my 700Watt N3M260 models, they throw me at bumps in the road. I couldn't walk for a month after I was thrown by my N3M260 deciding it didn't want to go over a small (3cm) stone on a groomed-earth pathway uphill at the local park. My ankle was badly damaged. So now I am gathering data on what the devices can do. They can at least get me around my neighborhood, and I am thankful for that. Frankly, I go down a 15 degree hill just as carefully as the MiniPRO let me drive up it. My automobile-driving instructors drilled that into me - "use the same gear to go down a hill as you need to go up it"

I have a degree in Engineering, from the days when electrical injuneers were taught Statics (bridge design) and Dynamics (rotating objects), strength of materials, machining, and how engines actually work. I was shocked when I found the limitations of my MiniPRO personal transporters, but every limitation has checked out as 'reasonable'. I haven't calculated the force needed to overcome a small road bump when the device+rider is going 28Km/h, but I do understand (from Dynamics) that there is a huge intertial force which would have to be overcome. I continue to try and rationalize and quantify all that stuff in my mind.

Meanwhile, I know that the Go-Kart does not have to bother about supporting an erect human, and is subject to a completely different, and less demanding, set of forces. WilliamG is correct.  OF COURSE the Go-Kart can go faster than the Personal Transporter once the requirement to hold erect the standing human has been dispensed with :)

(The slope below is taken from the Ninebot blog describing the design of the MiniPro series) 

http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4100

154238nzp66r3j16afcocr.jpg

Looks like they are trying another Indiegogo Campaign.  Their offering price is $599, they are listing retail as $799.   I seem to remember seeing a retail price before of $599.

Subject: Ninebot Electric Gokart launches in 5 days?
Date: September 19, 2018 at 12:36:30 PM EDT

Dear miniPRO Users: 

We have something really special coming just for you! 

Are you ready to transform your miniPRO into a powerful Electric Gokart? Meet our Ninebot Gokart Kit, a secret accessory that converts your miniPRO into a legitimate Gokart. The converted E-Gokart is a drifting vehicle with a 1700W motor that can accelerate from 0 to 15 mph within 2 seconds.

The Ninebot Gokart Kit is set to launch on Indiegogo in just 5 short days. We are offering you a 25% discount during the Super Early-Bird Perk. Please set your clock to 10 am EST, September 24, to secure your special offer.  We can't wait to share this fun ride with you!

See you on Gokart Launch Day!

Yours Truly,
Team Segway
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Looks like they are trying another Indiegogo Campaign.  Their offering price is $599, they are listing retail as $799.   I seem to remember seeing a retail price before of $599.

Yes, Ninebot-Segway USA are a bunch of marketing morons. Not content to screw up the MiniPRO's reputation by selling the N3M260 version as "Improved for 2018" rather than "cost-reduced and unsafe at any speed" they now have raised the GoKart price from the $599 level (which I previously saw) just so they can con some more poor idiots into thinking they got a bargain on Indiegogo. Not too long ago I was one of the idiots who bought two of the N3M260 "2018" versions of the MiniPRO. They are sitting in a corner now, as a future source of spare parts. Oh, and I never recall asking Segway to put me on a mailing list, yet now they send out marketing mails without an option to unsubscribe - illegal and inethical...

Oops, my discontent is starting to show through :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the clip of the guy using this go-kart around the office is pretty unrealistic.. I love my mini-pro because it has a very small footprint when I'm inside a building, outside among pedestrians, and it can fit it under my desk. The big footprint of the go-kart makes this just a toy, it won't be used as a real commuter