2 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Ninebot Gokart Kit

Kart conversion kit for Mini & Mini Pro only will be released soon

"In terms of safety , the No. 9 balance car kart conversion kit is excellent
The vehicle has double anti-collision protection , and the outside is a plastic energy absorption layer, which effectively reduces the impact force.
The inner layer is a steel main beam, which provides high strength protection for the body and prevents deformation of the car body;
Moreover, the vehicle adopts the "electronic brake + mechanical hand brake" double brake design.
Protect the speed and passion of the player!"

180031o5fbpm6rrtytye6y.jpg

Clever use of MiniPro technology.

I would consider this as an add-on for entertaining kids.

Almost useless, imho, for a real 16Kph machine. ... just for kids. ..Traditional Go karts are really more nice in speed and drive sensations....

my 2 cents... 

5 hours ago, jojo33 said:

164156e52kqcnkkl2s272s.jpg

it is interesting this photo, nothing seems odd to you ?

the MINI is positioned to roll in the opposite direction,
to drive in reverse...

Interesting.

Must be so that it could be plugged in easily from the front.

15 hours ago, jojo33 said:

it is interesting this photo, nothing seems odd to you ?

the MINI is positioned to roll in the opposite direction,
to drive in reverse...

Very cool, so it should be able to get the higher speed unless they require a firmware update that patches that loophole. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Master said:

Could the kart possibly work with a regular 10 inch hoverboard?

Bearing in mind that a Hoverboard and a Ninebot work in entirely different ways as far as steering and power application is concerned it seems unlikely, although if you could modify it to tilt both Hoverboard sides together it might work.

However there are already a number of go kart like conversions available for Hoverboards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gearbest just add Ninebot Gokart for sale (add it to your favorites waiting for a better price)

and for USA, Segway http://www.segway.com/products/consumer-lifestyle/ninebot-gokart-kit will sell it sooner, pre-order is open now https://segway-inc.myshopify.com/products/ninebot-gokart-kit?variant=12248052695107

Prices in China:

GoKart Kit for ¥2999 元 = 377 euros / $439

Gokart Kit + Mini N3M240 for ¥4998 = 628 euros / $731

Edited by jojo33

Features

Adjustable 
Adjust the length of the frame to suit your needs

Bluetooth Connectivity
Feature controls and firmware upgrades via the Segway App

Multiple Speed Settings
Choose from Novice, Standard and Sporty modes to suit your top speed needs.

Specifications
Weight ~61 lbs (28 kg)

Size
After extension (Max): 54 in × 32 in × 24 in (14 cm × 82 cm × 60 cm)

Max Speed
15 mph (24 km/h)

Range*
*Depends on riding style and terrain
9 miles (15 km)

2 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Yes, children will love
it's an interesting way to recycle the MINI...

I’m rethinking that this could be reapplied to an elderly population in retirement with difficulty getting around.

It’s sitting without the stigma of a wheelchair.

And lower cost of entry.

• Upvote 2

I'm looking forward to them releasing this in the US, but that is not expected until winter, so that will be a bit disappointing.  I hope they ship the Z10 though in the US before then, as that is bound to take my mind off the go cart for quite a while.

9 hours ago, FreeRide said:

I'm looking forward to them releasing this in the US, but that is not expected until winter, so that will be a bit disappointing.  I hope they ship the Z10 though in the US before then, as that is bound to take my mind off the go cart for quite a while.

I’m viewing a lot of Segway NineBot activity lately: MiniPlus, Z10, Drift, race kit and the emerging scooter revolution supplied by Segway.

Much activity and visibility in the transporter space.  This can only be positive for us, the consumers and mobile segment.

I’m also starting to notice more regulations to occur.

3 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I’m viewing a lot of Segway NineBot activity lately: MiniPlus, Z10, Drift, race kit and the emerging scooter revolution supplied by Segway.

Much activity and visibility in the transporter space.  This can only be positive for us, the consumers and mobile segment.

I’m also starting to notice more regulations to occur.

Agreed!  Can only be good for the space!  I do hope that the scooter revolution doesn’t take over the market though.

The scooters are getting off to a rough start in the press, but you know what they say; any press is good press, so it might turn out OK in the end.  

I have a pretty good scooter, but so far it does not really excite me for some reason. I was going to do some maintenance on it this weekend and take it for a spin, but so far i have not got to that.

I got a thorn in the ebike tire that put that out of commission, but used a tire sealant and it seems to have plugged the hole. I probably picked up the thorn when i was riding off any trails, but it was only forced into the tire when i got back to pavement. 

The MiniPros have been sitting rather idle 

16 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

The scooters are getting off to a rough start in the press, but you know what they say; any press is good press, so it might turn out OK in the end.  

I have a pretty good scooter, but so far it does not really excite me for some reason. I was going to do some maintenance on it this weekend and take it for a spin, but so far i have not got to that.

I got a thorn in the ebike tire that put that out of commission, but used a tire sealant and it seems to have plugged the hole. I probably picked up the thorn when i was riding off any trails, but it was only forced into the tire when i got back to pavement. 

The MiniPros have been sitting rather idle 

My wife and I ride the MiniPros continuously in a downtown Chicago area and Lakefront.  In the past year, they are reliable, plug and play transporters.  More so than our bikes, e-bikes and roller blades.

I did see a couple of scooters on the bike trail today.  With the MiniPro, there is no interest in a scooter to get around.

Already, we’ve eliminated the use of cabs or Uber, dramatically reduced local public buses & train usage, and complement long distance driving or train riding with the MiniPros.

I’ll watch and notice how all this transporter evolution shifts the way people get around.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

My wife and I ride the MiniPros continuously in a downtown Chicago area and Lakefront.  In the past year, they are reliable, plug and play transporters.  More so than our bikes, e-bikes and roller blades.

I did see a couple of scooters on the bike trail today.  With the MiniPro, there is no interest in a scooter to get around.

Already, we’ve eliminated the use of cabs or Uber, dramatically reduced local public buses & train usage, and complement long distance driving or train riding with the MiniPros.

I’ll watch and notice how all this transporter evolution shifts the way people get around.

I am very impressed with the reliability of the MiniPros.  Only one flat after 800km in one tire, and that was easily fixed with a sealant in a few minutes and no mess.  I bent up the charger door once, but that was my fault dragging it around in the bush by the trolly handle.  I was able to take it apart and repair it quite easily to be a good as new.  That's why I still say if the MiniPro had more speed, and a larger battery I would be in heaven.

The bike has been more expensive, but it does have much more range. I have not done a formal test yet, but it's looking like 60km is easy on it 6xxWh battery.  With a few pushbuttons I was able to increase it's max speed to a perfect 40km/h on a full charge,  and so far about 33 km/h when the battery is low.  Much easier to carry groceries on the bike as I don't need to carry my backpack.  This is great when the humidity is in the 80s and 90s.  I bought expensive locks for it though which are very heavy and somewhat awkward to carry around.  If I don't need them I don't carry them at this time.  The lock I got for the MiniPro was cheap and light weight, low security, but enough for the minipro.  Theres are much less questions about an e-bike, partly because people don't always notice.  When they do though they are quite interested in the details of range, speed and cost.  A bike you can spend a lot on customizing, which is good and bad.  Easy to ride at night though, and minimum safety gear (a helmet) required.  The minimum safety gear required is a big thing for me.