IPS S5

FreeRide

42 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@FreeRide Awesome, thank you!

@Marty Backe Forgive me, but I have sinned:efee8319ab: Too many EUC videos to watch them all nowadays.

Well, I always watch yours all the way through :)

Hi everyone, well i have an update about the "TWO"  IPS S5 unicycles i recently received and where i bought them.  Ordering from china SUCKS thats for sure and ill explain why... 

20181030_164901.jpg

Well, I went to my bank of america manager and also filed a police report against Apogeebuy.com and IPS. maybe i get my money back. Its International Bank Fraud since I wired the money.

• Upvote 1

Hi All, 

Fisrt time poster, I’ve been reading this forum since I started riding EUC in April 18. My first wheel was the i5 and I’ve bought a s5 518wh version and received it towards the end of June. I’ve also purchased and received my Z10 a few days ago.

Back to the topic, I’ve done over 700km on the s5 now and it is still rides very smooth with a top speed of 40km/h (warning beep starts at 35km/h and tilt back starts at 40km/h) and I’m getting realistic range of 35-40km on my rides.

Personally I feel both the i5 and s5 are fantastic and reliable wheels and I think what happened to Randalab’s wheel looked more like mishandling from the merchant rather than from the manufacturer. Both of my IPS wheels came in perfect condition.

I’m not backing IPS in anyway I’m just sharing my thoughts and experience with the 2 wheels I have from IPS.

P.S. The attached screen shots are a bit old and only shows 649km on the i5, took those screenshots as personal milestone of achieving 1000km combined mileage on EUC in 5 months of riding.

83396804-6EF9-44E6-AF8F-F6D1423CC122.jpeg

2C466562-F3F0-4216-B717-8629D01EDB14.png

C5AC75EF-30CA-4218-9C45-64E5753916BA.png

• Upvote 2

Can you make a picture comparing the width of both wheels, please? They never really show how thin or thick the S5 is. Also if you want to post some detail shots, we have no real pictures of the thing.

Great to hear of a different experience. If the S5 works as advertised, it's a pretty cool wheel! Is the S5 as nicely carryable as the i5 (given its weight)? This suitcase form factor has some definitve promise!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zechi said:

Hi All, 

Fisrt time poster, I’ve been reading this forum since I started riding EUC in April 18. My first wheel was the i5 and I’ve bought a s5 518wh version and received it towards the end of June. I’ve also purchased and received my Z10 a few days ago.

Back to the topic, I’ve done over 700km on the s5 now and it is still rides very smooth with a top speed of 40km/h (warning beep starts at 35km/h and tilt back starts at 40km/h) and I’m getting realistic range of 35-40km on my rides.

Personally I feel both the i5 and s5 are fantastic and reliable wheels and I think what happened to Randalab’s wheel looked more like mishandling from the merchant rather than from the manufacturer. Both of my IPS wheels came in perfect condition.

I’m not backing IPS in anyway I’m just sharing my thoughts and experience with the 2 wheels I have from IPS.

P.S. The attached screen shots are a bit old and only shows 649km on the i5, took those screenshots as personal milestone of achieving 1000km combined mileage on EUC in 5 months of riding.

Hi and Thanks for the report!  How much did you pay for the s5?  Where did you order your IPS wheels from, do you have an local dealer or did you order them on-line from China?  I look forward to your reports on the Z10 as well.

Edited by FreeRide

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Can you make a picture comparing the width of both wheels, please? They never really show how thin or thick the S5 is. Also if you want to post some detail shots, we have no real pictures of the thing.

Great to hear of a different experience. If the S5 works as advertised, it's a pretty cool wheel! Is the S5 as nicely carryable as the i5 (given its weight)? This suitcase form factor has some definitve promise!

The S5 uses the standard 2.125 inch wheel and the i5 uses the 1.5 inch wheel, I'm not currently at home so I can't take a picture of the tyres.

I'll try to take some pictures when I get home.

Given the form factor of the design it is relatively easy to carry, but at 15kg I'd still prefer if the S5 has a handle of some sort....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

Hi and Thanks for the report!  How much did you pay for the s5?  Where did you order your IPS wheels from, do you have an local dealer or did you order them on-line from China?  I look forward to your reports on the Z10 as well.

I paid AUD$1500 for the S5, and I got it from a local dealer that gets his wheels directly shipped from the manufacturer to Sydney.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just took some comparison pics hopefully that shows what you are looking for.

1895A164-ED35-4AB5-8378-C88D8AC36E7E.jpeg

1E796824-B875-4E66-9AE2-C9E623367F32.jpeg

164F1F32-F422-4C06-A286-604F829DE5B7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Adam. said:

How did you guys buy the S5?

I bought from a local dealer in Sydney, who import them directly from the manufacturer and provides local warranty / service. I know buying from Aliexpress etc can sometimes be cheaper, but I'd rather pay a bit more to have local support.

@steve454 Yes, babies eat their parent's time (Esp when you're 24/7 with) so I'm not being here often and unfortunately rarely riding. Anyone needs the app though can send me a private message.

@Randalab I'm sorry to read about your happenings. In my line of work I reach many disappointed customers on purchasing from abroad because most expect the same after sale as buying from a shop and forget the distance in between (its not easy to return a defective high valued product in China for several understandable reasons and you need to keep this in mind if you purchase a single product directly). Now in your case I think you have to take it against who you purchased it from (Quoting you po*******co). Ms. Yue from IPS in my opinion went out of her way to help you out and you still blame them. If you bought it directly from IPS she should have all the obligation to assist you, but since you bought it from another source you should talk to your supplier and if they think they should reach to IPS, your supplier should reach to IPS factory. If the large dealers are not working with IPS I doubt it is for quality but more for unreachable negotiation, unplanned future issues or irresponsible wrong information leaks and by quality I am not saying they have an always 100% good product out of the factory, but when they don't they do sort it out (which I call quality as trust me all factories have a defect by at least a minor one but not all admit and resolve them). Back to your case, trashing the image of a company you purchased for is making yourself loose the value of your purchased product when your issues get solved. If they don't respond timely does not mean they disappeared, again don't forget your distance and again it's not IPS's obligation to respond to you even though they know about some issues, their obligation is to send the resolutions to their direct buyers (dealers and single purchases directly from IPS).

As for the shell, I didn't see the S5 but my last trades where on the I5 and I can understand why they don't sell shells separately. The ideal mounting of the shells need specific tools in my opinion.

I hope you get your issues resolved though.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, IPS Malta said:

@steve454 Yes, babies eat their parent's time (Esp when you're 24/7 with) so I'm not being here often and unfortunately rarely riding. Anyone needs the app though can send me a private message.

@Randalab I'm sorry to read about your happenings. In my line of work I reach many disappointed customers on purchasing from abroad because most expect the same after sale as buying from a shop and forget the distance in between (its not easy to return a defective high valued product in China for several understandable reasons and you need to keep this in mind if you purchase a single product directly). Now in your case I think you have to take it against who you purchased it from (Quoting you po*******co). Ms. Yue from IPS in my opinion went out of her way to help you out and you still blame them. If you bought it directly from IPS she should have all the obligation to assist you, but since you bought it from another source you should talk to your supplier and if they think they should reach to IPS, your supplier should reach to IPS factory. If the large dealers are not working with IPS I doubt it is for quality but more for unreachable negotiation, unplanned future issues or irresponsible wrong information leaks and by quality I am not saying they have an always 100% good product out of the factory, but when they don't they do sort it out (which I call quality as trust me all factories have a defect by at least a minor one but not all admit and resolve them). Back to your case, trashing the image of a company you purchased for is making yourself loose the value of your purchased product when your issues get solved. If they don't respond timely does not mean they disappeared, again don't forget your distance and again it's not IPS's obligation to respond to you even though they know about some issues, their obligation is to send the resolutions to their direct buyers (dealers and single purchases directly from IPS).

As for the shell, I didn't see the S5 but my last trades where on the I5 and I can understand why they don't sell shells separately. The ideal mounting of the shells need specific tools in my opinion.

I hope you get your issues resolved though.

Thanks for dropping by, better late than never.  It's nice to have another view, but I'm hoping we get some more good end-user reports. I need need to see more signs of of the current IPS.  Love these machines, their engineering, and the attention to design and practical usage.  Hope you can get a good US dealer to carry your S5 and I5 models.  There is a ebay seller in the US, but they have no feedback and just copied the specs (with errors) from come AliExpress listing, a clear sign they don't really know much about what they are selling.  eWheels has a couple i5 (in yellow unfortunately), I hope they will continue to carry your products; if they do that would be a big vote of confidence.

• Like 1

IM SELLING THIS Does anybody in the US want to make me a offer on this brand new IPS S5 that won't start up??? maybe you can fix it. I just bought it from apogeebuy.com and they said it is factory problem since its new. It arrived with cosmetic crack in shell!  IPS wont help with this after waiting a couple weeks. Shipping it back to China from Seattle I checked UPS, fedex, and DHL is about $600 so im looking to sell in the states.  Message me if interested. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eucco/permalink/2011600719139719/

Screenshot_20181108-105439_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181108-105617_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181108-105655_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181108-105623_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Randalab
New photos

On 11/10/2018 at 7:58 PM, LanghamP said:

Evidently the IPS S5's are going for $650 on AliExpress but they are listed as 14 inchers.

The S5 is a 16 incher, yes?

Yes 16".  $650 would be a "very" good deal.  I think that has to be an i5 and an incorrect description by the seller.  

UPDATE: ERROR ERROR: What was I thinking, of course it's a 14" wheel.

Edited by FreeRide

On 11/11/2018 at 11:58 AM, LanghamP said:

Evidently the IPS S5's are going for $650 on AliExpress but they are listed as 14 inchers.

The S5 is a 16 incher, yes?

No the S5 is 14 inch wheel.

• Upvote 1