IPS S5

FreeRide

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody have made pics of the s5 intern to assamble it back? I have written to the company back and forth untill I got a new board.took a half year allmost, but forgot the things how to put back. I have some pics from the ips company to open it up. But not the specific things to keep a eye to when closing up the uni cycle 

• 6 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:58 PM, triad88 said:

mine flashes red,never seen green.but i got a new mainboard today and busy with assembling

How did this go? 

Those using it up to 40km/h, nobody had a cut out yet? Is it really able to go over 35km/h safely? 

@PaulSG

@jbwheel

@Zechi

@uekarashi

Edited by Jean Dublin

6 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

How did this go? 

Those using it up to 40km/h, nobody had a cut out yet? Is it really able to go over 35km/h safely? 

@PaulSG

@jbwheel

@Zechi

@uekarashi

yes, no problem with any cut off but i didn't continuously go on above 35kmh. typical avg is around 30-32kmh over a 5km range. the size of the 14" wheel does makes one wary of higher speeds on uneven surface paths. i don't find stability issues with riding above 40kmh on a 16"x3 wheel though. thus size of wheels matters on sustaining high speed comfortably. 

• Like 1

Flashing light inside the battery is an indicator on BMS, and that it's red has no meaning, it doesn't change color. No need to worry, this is normal.

The design of S5 is pure genius, too bad that this innovative company has died, got smothered by companies that in the last several years offered zero innovation, but better business sense. Same with Rockwheel. Two great innovators... dead.

They should have made that double stator motor fully enclosed like regular motors to weatherproof it, but then again, the shell will be much fatter then.

But IPS showed the viability of redundancy and that's how the hoverwheels should be designed in the first place.

• Like 3

This is result of their design. Unfortunately very sad idea to have one part of the motor (coils) connected to the chassis and second one (magnets) with the wheel. By principle there must be a gap between these 2 parts, so their IP54 waterproof is maybe valid for control board, but it is BIG lie for the chassis! This design can be used for 2 motors as S5 have but can't newer be waterproof as normal motor is. So S5 is just double design fault of I5.

D7700C5B-5EDF-4708-8916-94B17A37AFB7.jpeg

623585F6-E347-4560-87B4-BA30D3E756D8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WaveCut said:

Front left Led strip doesn't work out of the box?

You're right. 

Not a major issue though, probably just needs to be replaced. 

Or maybe the connection got loose on transport. 

• Like 1

Another video, now from the new owner :) he's learned to ride very fast, and he says he didn't drop the EUC even once while learning! He only got a 15-20min lesson with me (he was already quite good staying balanced on it, he comes from eSK8s). 

He's even doing some off-road on that video on the 14in IPS S5 :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3540561982681781&id=100001840425902

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 11:42 AM, Jean Dublin said:

You're right. 

Not a major issue though, probably just needs to be replaced. 

Or maybe the connection got loose on transport. 

Suddenly the led strip started working. 

New video by the owner.

He added pads done with the white foam from the box and black tape. 

https://www.facebook.com/100001840425902/posts/3582306975173948/

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

I'm searching for the tire inner tube for an IPS5 for a friend, we need to buy like 3 pcs

Look for bicycle tubes of the same diameter.
I don't know about IPS, but on my KS16S bicycle tubes fit, even though they don't have a bent valve - the valve is so short, it doesn't matter. I hope that on IPS it's the same.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/16/2020 at 4:22 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

On the i5, you can toggle it by leaning the wheel to the side like 45 degrees

Didn't work for me sadly. The mystery continues..

Edit: got it to work. Thanks @meepmeepmayer! So you actually leave it on and flick it sideways well more like 30 degrees and it toggles. Kinda stupid design since that's what happens whenever someone stops at a traffic light for example. No wonder my lights were always randomly on or off whenever I was riding.

Edited by Tinkererboi
Got it to work

• 4 months later...

I bought a New Ips i5 last week n i got the green charge light on it. N the wheel dont taking any charge into it.

To bad as the wheel looks so fantastic n been a good first Learning one but i cant Get Power into it been plugged in 24h n noting happends.

Im guessing this been stored to long n the battery discharged to low n wont take a charge ,i dont have the knowlege to Get live into it or Get cells changed or whats needed to wake it up from the Dead. So sadly its going to be sendt back to morr.

Not a god EUC start in my case ..:cry2:

• Like 1