Taught my daughter and niece to ride this week.

tscottn

I had my daughter and nieces come over for the week up here in Fresno,  My daughter is 23 and was a competitive figure skater up until her mid teens.  Shes about 5'2" and very athletic. My niece is 15 and is tall but has ridden only a scooter and doesn't know how to ride a bike at all..(  

Both of them learned to ride the S1 in about 1 hour.  My daughter picket it up a little faster and was cruising around my neighborhood with me in about 1.5 hours of riding.  She was a total natural and was able to control the wheel and mount and dismount with no problems at all.  My niece learned to ride in about an hour as well and needed a few more hours to feel comfortable to cruise around the neighborhood with me.  

Well.. this morning we woke up and my niece asked if we could go riding before it gets too hot outside.  I thought for a moment and since I needed to take her to Best Buy anyway to buy a Nintendo Switch I decided to take the wheels with us.  We parked a couple of miles away from best buy and rode the EUC's over to Starbucks and had some morning coffee.  After that we rode around our downtown outdoor shopping/ theater area among the pedestrians, then headed to best buy about a mile away,.  On the way back we cruised again among the shoppers in our downtown area and then headed back to the car.  My niece really did great and was able to be in total control, mount/dismount/ slow riding in between foot traffic and 4 wheeled traffic!  I was really proud of her!  I cant tell you how much fun I had and it felt great to bond with my  both my daughter and niece in this way.  Its all she can talk about now and Im thinking of shipping / gifting her the S1 until I can buy her a better wheel to cruise with her uncle with.  Im thinking of getting both of them a KS14S each.  Then we can meet up and ride together.  I think the 14s is a perfect wheel for both of them and has the range to do long rides.  What do you guys think about that?

Also this got me wondering if there were any EUCers in the Fresno/Clovis area of CA?  I would love to do some rides around town but would also like to find others to ride up in Santa Barbara, Monterey, Santa Monica and other cool places in CA.  Im only 3 hours from pretty much anywhere in the state and I dont mind driving at all.  .  Not looking for any extreme riding, just relaxing cruising, seeing the sites and just being cool..)

Thanks guys, hope to hear back and make some new friends now that im feeling more comfortable with my G3!

I know the feeling.  You just want to go full Oprah and buy everyone a wheel.

“” Look under your seats for your wrist guards    Everyone here gets a new WHEeel!!! ....... And YOU get a wheel! , And YOU get a wheel! ..... “””

KS14s  yeah!  

• 2 months later...

Archived