F-wheel bashing the competition

esaj

They copied and pasted the last part describing shutdowns from ElectricUnicycleReviews.com without permission.

Although we have asked, F-wheel has not yet provided an adequate response regarding BMS or mainboard shutdown. While they imply that their unicycles are more reliable than "Airwheel and Ninebot," it appears that the low battery behavior is the same old thing. There is confirmed via email, no low-battery slow-down function, which opens the possibility of unexpected mainboard shutdown.

Here's a quote: "you buy and test our product then know the quality."

My favorite part:  The safety on F-wheel is tested by years of experience of millions F-wheel users.

Their website is full of gems.  On the product page, the tagline for the Beatle model is "A mysterious version that has never showed up"

Honestly, F-wheel seemed like a pretty good option to explore; I was ready to order a Dolphin test unit to review as a candidate for a medium quality budget ride. But this kind of behavior doesn't reflect well on the company.

Anyone know anything about the rumors of F-wheel being manufactured in part or in whole in Japan? I think I read that somewhere. Maybe I'll follow up eventually.

This kind of marketing turns me off, but I can also just see it as a misstep by marketing if the product itself is of respectable quality. However, the public leaning away from Lithium polymer batteries might be justified.

Perhaps it's a Dolphin in the famous exploding uni video ;)

So if they invest this much time in bashing the competition, how much time do they have left to actually develop and upgrade their product? I'd say little to none... :ph34r: Also the quote @KaleOsaurusRex posted is just great, very reassuring!

I'd say they spent about an hour on google putting that 'marketing campaign' together.

Archived