KS 18L Speed Lock

Circuitmage

Ok, I've seen it posted somewhere on this forum, buried in one of these threads, but for the life of me I cannot find any reference to it again.

And, I've searched google. And there is no 18L listed on the KS website with specs, so....

What are the unlock speed settings on the 18L?

Is it 40km/h after 5km and 50km/h after 200km?

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

Ok, I've seen it posted somewhere on this forum, buried in one of these threads, but for the life of me I cannot find any reference to it again.

And, I've searched google. And there is no 18L listed on the KS website with specs, so....

Thanks!

If I remember well,  after registering the user, and putting details like age, you can unlock full speed after 20km. The app asked me if I want, then I have to read some kind of safety info, and then I had the screen where I can get and validate the code.

So, I thought I went through that last night. I saw the safety screen pop up,  but it wouldn't let me set the speed to 50km/h. I went down to like 32, then up to 34. If I tried 40 it said error.

My hands will catch fire if I ever touch an IOS device. ?

Will keep working on it....

• Upvote 2

20 km/h for first 5km, then you can unlock to 40km/h until 200km, after 200km you can unlock to 50 km/h.

I have unlocked each with success using the KS app on Android phone. If you try to set more than allowed by the above schedule the speed setting will fail with a notice of failure, likewise if you set correctly you’ll get confirmation of success by the app.

88CFDD90-24A4-4135-8A6D-B617604C30BF.jpeg

Edited by Master Blaster

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to register without doing it on a phone?  I can't seem to create a login (create account link does nothing) from the app on my Android device (which is a portable music player with wifi and bluetooth, but not a phone).  It would be much easier to create the account from my computer then login from the app afterwards.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:23 PM, Circuitmage said:

Thanks!

Correct. 

0-5 km top speed is 20kmh.

5-200 km top speed is 40kmh.

200+ km top speed is 50kmh. 

Now I had issues raising the speed, as it turns out it was a bit silly actually. I misread the speed settings in app. Lowest/last get needs to be the highest setting you want. If you don't do that the setting fail to upload to wheel. Comming from Inmotion brand they words settings different which lead to me misunderstanding the interface. So I rode around like 20 km before I figured out this. And messing around with setting in the sun at 30 Celsius form about 15min in full gear. My poc jacket becomes hot without airflow in that heat and being black.

43 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

@Unventor yup, unlock final speed setting last week...I waited a bit before going faster. This thing can move!

Great, well... is it now as usual but with the higher limit unlocked, or do you feel  also something different either in progression and in the middle/lower power range supply ????

@zugu When I first unlocked it, I had no armor and was using my app to monitor my speed. It seemed to me at that time that it was really easy to hit 25mph, but to push it past that was a slow climb to 31mph.

Pretty much the next day I realized I am hitting over 25 mph with out much of a problem. It was probably psychological...as 30mph on one of these is a pretty fast clip. It may have a bit of a slower response over 25mph, but nothing to worry about. I usually only hit that speed on long straight aways, and I am not racing. But it definitely can get up and go!

My only suspicion now , is that it is pulling more juice from my battery. Over the past week I am getting my speed average up, and my battery seems to be running down faster. :)

6 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

My only suspicion now , is that it is pulling more juice from my battery. Over the past week I am getting my speed average up, and my battery seems to be running down faster. :)

This is quite simple. The higher speed the more drag is caused. Then as you ride faster the delta energy need becomes higher too.  By delta energy I mean difference/added energy.

If I recall my homework from school correct it is energy (e)= mass(m) x speed squared (v^2) or e= m * v^2

So as you go faster you need more and more energy to push you speed on top of this the drag from wind resistance becomes higher too that also need more energy. This is why it is hard to push speed and why a Bugati Veron (spellcheching off ?) takes so long to accelerate the last 50kmh to top speed compared to speed from 0 to 50kmh.

So you have now a choice  to loose weight or go slower if you want more distance on you wheels stored energy. ?