Suggest a unicycle

Hello everyone i want your advice about my unicycle . i am 2.00 cm and 100kg . i want the unicycle for most of the time for the city. i leave in Greece. can you suggest me some unicycle that are proper for me ? i can give around 700-900 euros .. ( i saw the segway ninebot one s2 that i like it . whats your opinion about this model ? )

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Charalampidis said:

Hello everyone i want your advice about my unicycle . i am 2.00 cm and 100kg . i want the unicycle for most of the time for the city. i leave in Greece. can you suggest me some unicycle that are proper for me ? i can give around 700-900 euros .. ( i saw the segway ninebot one s2 that i like it . whats your opinion about this model ? )

Welcome to the forum!

What range to you expect to drive? Are there many hills?

Never believe the advertised range - that's for 50-70 kg people just driving slow on flat terrain... ;(

So more realistic than the sdvertised 25-30km for the S2 are ~15km, with your weight and some hills even less.

The KingSong16s is the best EUC for the money.

In your post you are not asking for much.  I do not like the InMotion V8 but it does fit your needs.  It is weak and does not handle heavy aggressive riders well but it will get you 10km.  It would be more fun than walking. 

44 minutes ago, Jimmy Charalampidis said:

nothing special 

I would get the best KingSong that your budget allows.    14d, 14s, 16s

I bought the Segway S1 for $300 about 6 months ago and have ridden over 200 miles on it. These might be very high quality miles as I learned backwards, hops, drops, and rough pavement/dirt.

I weight about 100kg, much more when I'm carrying stuff which I usually am.

To answer your question about handling heavy riders, no, the S1 does not safely handle 100 kg riders. When you hit an upward bump at greater than 10 mph, the pedals dip forward; the wheel does not have enough peak to handle that bump.

However, the S1 is easily my most used wheel if we count trips, as I use the S1 in a very utilitarian manner (minus tricks of course) as I keep the speed below 8 mph.

For a 100 kg rider, the range is really bad, with about 1.5 hours of usage. Unlike most other wheels, wind resistance isn't a factor so you cannot extend the range by going slower.

Can you afford the MCM5? If I had money then that'd probably my wheel, perhaps even my only wheel (I'm partial to 14 inchers).

9 hours ago, Jimmy Charalampidis said:

you might want to correct your height.  i'm assuming you mean 2m.  I think for the money, you should get the King Song 14D.  That is in your price range, the Segway S2 is too slow and not worth getting as a starter wheel.  You want something to grow into unless you have unlimited funds and start buying and getting into this hobby.  then you might want a Segway C+ or E+ instead of the S2.  S2 has no padding on the side and it will be difficult for a starter to learn on.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Charalampidis said:

what do you mean about weak and doesnt handle heavy riders .which model ?

these models :   ninebot one,  InMotion v8, KingSong 14D   ( Good,  weak and in you price range)  I agree with LanghamP 

///////////// Trying to save money can be expensive !! //////////////

Welcome to the addiction :w00t2: 

How about this used Kingsong KS16S? A much stronger + bigger battery wheel than what you'd get for the price when you buy new, and good price ( it's >1500€ new).

Not sure how good a V5F is for a 100kg rider. Maybe it works?

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/inmotion-v5f

Look i try to find all the specs about each uni and i decide that those are good for me .tell me which model do you suggest for me and why please . 

ONE E+        ONE C+     ONE S2     V10     16S     ACMv2 

Those are good for my weight and i like them .

(i am 2 meters yes :)  . sorry for my mistake)

The only two wheels I see in your list are the KS 16s and ACMv2.  ACMv2 would be a good wheel but I would choose the KS16s

16s   Durable, Load capacity ,DUrable,  powerful, DURABLE, time proven , DURABLE!!!  Great learning wheel. It is like a Bumper car version of the Porsche 911.  (Sadly without overdrive)

The Tesla is great!!  Not the best beginner wheel.  I am a GotWay fan boy but you would not guess that because I always recommend the KS16s.  I learned on the KS16s. The wheel was abused and bounced off and slid against everything.  Then I moved up the the MSuper.  I had it leaned against a truck tire and it tipped over.  It got damaged more tipping over than my KS did in two months with two people learning to ride on it.  GotWay wheels are AWSOME!! But not the best to learn on. ( although with lots of padding and being very careful it can be done.) 

5 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

The Tesla is great!!  Not the best beginner wheel.  I am a GotWay fan boy but you would not guess that because I always recommend the KS16s.  I learned on the KS16s. The wheel was abused and bounced off and slid against everything.  Then I moved up the the MSuper.  I had it leaned against a truck tire and it tipped over.  It got damaged more tipping over than my KS did in two months with two people learning to ride on it.  GotWay wheels are AWSOME!! But not the best to learn on. ( although with lots of padding and being very careful it can be done.) 

I like your recommendation, here is my opinion with a little future outlook...

I think the 14S if it is affordable at the moment... The D which I have and learned on is great but lacking in range and big dropoff in speed at 50%. If in the future you want another wheel you can consider the Tesla which I just got. If you get the 16S now which I have also and find it lacking a bit in speed and range down the road which I did, then get a Tesla as an example, you will have 2 similar 16" wheels... My way you will have a great 14" wheel to learn on and a great 16" if the Tesla is in your future

47 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I think the 14S if it is affordable at the moment... The D which I have and learned on is great but lacking in range and big dropoff in speed at 50%. If in the future you want another wheel you can consider the Tesla which I just got. If you get the 16S now which I have also and find it lacking a bit in speed and range down the road which I did, then get a Tesla as an example, you will have 2 similar 16" wheels... My way you will have a great 14" wheel to learn on and a great 16" if the Tesla is in your future

I agree.  ..............

I still enjoy riding my KS16s and would never sell it.  As an EUC enthusiast I like to share the addiction but as a GotWay fan boy you are not going to “see what it is like” on my GotWay.  I keep the KS16s as a wheel that others can learn on.  

1 hour ago, Marcglider said:

I do agree to. I am new to this amazing hobby and I have the 14s 680Wh. I learned on this wheel and I have ridden 190 km total. It is and absolute top quality wheel. It rides very well and I am already taking it on long rides and only missis more capacity. I have taken my first fall at 30 km/h and the wheel only got a small scratch and was totally fine ( me, not so much?). I can only recommend the Kingsong 14s. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Charalampidis said:

Ok but i said that i am 100kg .and the limits for 14s is 100kg so it is not for me this wheel . 

I love my 16S... I just got back from an 11 mile ride... the ACM is a great choice also... it has a much longer range than my 16S... I think the KS is a little more "sporty" in the ride... I have not ridden an ACM but I did ride a super(18") and I think they are similar... wider stance... money wise, at ewheels.com, there is a $288 difference in cost, the ACM is more, the battery difference is 840wh/1600wh...it is available with a 1300 battery but not from Jason at the moment so I do not know the cost difference...

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Charalampidis said:

Ok but i said that i am 100kg .and the limits for 14s is 100kg so it is not for me this wheel . 

I am 105 kg and my 14s has no problems. The manual stats that the max weight i 100-150kg. After a 25 km trip my battery was Stil at 48%.  

At the moment, the used 16S from the other thread is by far your best option for your price range. Seller is a forum member and the wheel's history is known, it was bought from a reputable EU dealer and still has the remaining warranty, and 900€ for a 16S with 840Wh is a good price. It's a powerful and modern wheel, and if you had asked what wheel to buy for a big rider like you without any price limits, people would have recommended a strong wheel (>1000W motor, big battery, good quality) like the 16S anyways.

You could wait for another good used deal to come up, but in Europe, these seem are quite rare. But maybe you find one. Good luck.

Archived