$1600 Electric Unicycle Review | inmotion v10

Kuji Rolls

52 minutes ago, soulson said:

I'm 205lbs, and I'd say I can get the V10F from 0 to 25mph in just under 3 seconds. It will go into overload and tilt me off the back slowly if I try to accelerate faster than that.

Just make sure you have sufficient battery when doing full on accelerations. 

57 minutes ago, soulson said:

When I first got my V10F, I was confused and a bit disappointed by what I perceived as a lack of acceleration, too. After a week of riding it though, I think I got more confident with it, and now I actually find it accelerates pretty rapidly. I just had to get used to leaning forward a lot more than I'm used to with other wheels. (I am on the out-of-the-box firmware... 1.1.6 or 1.1.7 I think?)

I'm 205lbs, and I'd say I can get the V10F from 0 to 25mph in just under 3 seconds. It will go into overload and tilt me off the back slowly if I try to accelerate faster than that.

the way mine came, the pedals were tilted down in the front. 0 degrees as the app reads isn’t level. i used a two foot level on the pedals. when i set it level, it was way easier to accelerate. i bet if you set the pedals tilted back a little, even more acceleration might be possible. these are the biggest pedals ever so you do have to adjust to the change in leverage, i think.

I wanted to be conservative with my estimate last night—you know, memory has a way of exaggerating things—but I timed it this morning on my way to work. My 0-25mph acceleration limit before overload is 2 seconds.

19 minutes ago, soulson said:

I wanted to be conservative with my estimate last night—you know, memory has a way of exaggerating things—but I timed it this morning on my way to work. My 0-25mph acceleration limit before overload is 2 seconds.

I believe that to be the 'real' motor overload, when people over 200lbs overload is in fact an overheat problem as confirmed by InMotion.

I obtained a V10, not the F model, from Inmotion a couple weeks ago and it has taken everything that I have thrown at it. I am roughly 245-250lbs with gear and have had no malfunctions in the 190 miles that I have put on the unit.  I was a bit disappointed that I could not obtain the F model, but in retrospect I am very satisfied with my purchase. 

IMG_0727.JPG

On 7/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, Arklag said:

The V10F has the torque to easily handle 195lbs; im 170lbs and theres no lack of power. The main dissatisfaction you might have is the sluggish acceleration. I havent ridden the KS18L, but will report back when i do. 

Please do, love your take on the V10F so the MSX (which of course I bought so biased towards a MSX review hehe) would be something for sure.

Perhaps not PC but must admit I like the speed! ?

On 7/13/2018 at 8:50 AM, gon2fast said:

I obtained a V10, not the F model, from Inmotion a couple weeks ago and it has taken everything that I have thrown at it. I am roughly 245-250lbs with gear and have had no malfunctions in the 190 miles that I have put on the unit.  I was a bit disappointed that I could not obtain the F model, but in retrospect I am very satisfied with my purchase. 

IMG_0727.JPG

Most people reviewing the V10F review the F model. You are 250lbs and are commenting on the non-F model with no problems, awesome.

Two questions for you: 1) do you do hills at all?  2) did you put that cool checkered flag graphic on your pedals?

Archived