KS-18L Low-speed ?

ntz

Hi all, 

I'm very new to all of this and I;m still trying to control the device (KS18L) with one leg, and long steps, again with one foot on the ground.  I know it's not the easiest thing to begin with but i have it now. 

I'm finding that there is power initially and it self-balances. But with very slow speed moves the power to the wheel dies and i'm left without any self-balancing power.  Then the power kicks in by itself and the wheel wants to fly off.    I end up lifting the wheel off the ground to stop it from hitting something at which point it starts spinning at max speed (and warning me to "decelerate, decelerate!") 

I'm finding i can t control it and it feels very unpredictable and intimidating. 

Should i turn off learner mode? I read somewhere that it actually makes things worse.

N.B., one side of the lifting handle doesn't lock. Any fixes?

and just turn off learner mode. I dont see how anything like that could help. You dont need it

try to connect to the app and turn off the cut off switch. Its probably thinking you're lifting l the wheel by fault. And also remember it turns of  automatically when  you tilt it to the side more than 40 degrees. And  welcome to the forums! :) 

first like  like to you. Good luck! :) 

once you learned it it will be way more fun than you ever imagined

Thanks ShadOz, and for the welcome !

So if i turn the cut off switch off, it's not going to start spinning up as soon as it leaves the ground?

And it's normal for the self-balancing power to the wheel at a virtual standstill to cut out? 

Cheers, I need all the luck i can get! I ride a 1300cc bike and never worried about knee/elbow protection. But that;s all changed with this thing. It feels like that crazed-bot from Robocop..I m waiting for it to tell me i have "20 seconds to comply" 

4 hours ago, ntz said:

So if i turn the cut off switch off, it's not going to start spinning up as soon as it leaves the ground?

And it's normal for the self-balancing power to the wheel at a virtual standstill to cut out? 

Cheers, I need all the luck i can get! I ride a 1300cc bike and never worried about knee/elbow protection. But that;s all changed with this thing. It feels like that crazed-bot from Robocop..I m waiting for it to tell me i have "20 seconds to comply" 

first:

Update to the newest version of the KS app! android 1.50 or IOS 1.4

second

update the firmware of the wheel to v1.07, while doing so do NOT Interrupt this process! follow the instructions catefully!

third

Set up the app, make an account, fill out all forms etc etc

fourth

go to More-Handle sensor button in the app and calibrate the sensor!

Then things like loosing power when standing still should not happen anymore!

When handle sensor is on, the wheel should NOT rotate when you lift it up!

Otherwise: if problems with handle sensor just shut the sensor off!

For the learning: the best is to have another person helping you...holding your hand or from your back to make some first meter!

there will come the point when it makes click and you will have it....from there on it gets easier!

have fun and welcome!

I'm using ios app v 3.4 

I'm already Running v1.07. The update froze on me midway. So I reinstalled it .

Could that be the issue?

Is there to reset the unit and start from scratch?

11 hours ago, ntz said:

the cut off switch stops the mirror when the wheel is  lifted.  usually its with a button, but in your wheel is sensors. And when learning you could  trigger the cut off switch. Its not that reliable But when its turned off it will spin when lifted. 

try that

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, ntz said:

I'm using ios app v 3.4 

I'm already Running v1.07. The update froze on me midway. So I reinstalled it .

Could that be the issue?

Is there to reset the unit and start from scratch?

Nope...normaly even if it freezes Midway-the update- you are able to continue…..

5 hours ago, ntz said:

Thanks again all...

My supplier told me that this is.a firmware issue that can only be resolved by using android. 

The newest IOS app should also be able to calibrate the sensor...i have it here it has this function….

But you can try on Android v1.50 of a Friends phone to be sure….

I;ve got the android version now.  I can't reinstall 1.07 because it's already detected the iOS 1.07.   Is there any way to reset the unit to the original version? 

Archived