18L orders

Kael

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, hal2000 said:

I do my best as a careful and safe rider but I have no patience for avg of 20 km/h.

I've "accomplished" faceplant at about 35 km/h at the beginning of my EUC career... :) Now I enjoy riding at moderate speeds, because I prefer to wear only most important gear - light helmet and soft wristguards.

59 minutes ago, Kael said:

Mine is somewhere on this pallet. So close. 

83E63688-A2A3-4BEF-9C6A-577734495453.jpeg

I hope you will like almost as much as I do. Simply put, feeds amazing to ride or rather cruising again. Feel stable and safe. Easy to loose track of speed.

Oh and one more really nice opportunity compared to my V8. BTspeakers. I used Google maps with direction readout through BT speakers. Useful and people know I am about to take a turn in roundabouts if I meet a cyclist on coming.

24 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I hope you will like almost as much as I do. Simply put, feeds amazing to ride or rather cruising again. Feel stable and safe. Easy to loose track of speed.

Oh and one more really nice opportunity compared to my V8. BTspeakers. I used Google maps with direction readout through BT speakers. Useful and people know I am about to take a turn in roundabouts if I meet a cyclist on coming.

Never thought about that, but that's a really good idea.

Also I just realised I don't want the one that's been upside down!

edit: and I just received my tracking number, yay! Arrival tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, Kael said:

Never thought about that, but that's a really good idea.

Also I just realised I don't want the one that's been upside down!

I noticed that also, it's a white wheel, hopefully yours is a black one.

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

I have just come in from my first real ride. At first real slow..took me 5km+ at my lunch break, not succeeding unlocking the 18-20kmh limit?

@Rehab1 I used my POC jacket for the first time. Man this makes you feel safe..a little hot but what is expected at 29-32ish Celsius in the sun with out any clouds on the sky.Resized_20180723_125451_8665.thumb.jpeg.db29e57179d92ff8bd4ae1e936894e30.jpeg

Great review! You sound stoked! Glad your protective gear is working out. Awesome photo! The way a true selfie should be taken. :cheers:

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Great review! You sound stoked! Glad your protective gear is working out. Awesome photo! The way a true selfie should be taken. :cheers:

Thank you very much.

6 hours ago, Kael said:

Yep it is. Rubber black!

Mine rubber black UPS says it is comming yesterday :DD So... Do not believe tracking numbers... I am just hoping it will come in a week or so... Not in a month or 2 -_-

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

No you are not. I can hear you bouncing off the walls and ceiling?

I have just come in from my first real ride. At first real slow..took me 5km+ at my lunch break, not succeeding unlocking the 18-20kmh limit?

Then another 6-7ish km of my evening ride. Until I finally understood why I kept getting invalid setting. 

So simple I didn't spot it at first. You much have highest speed on pedel tilt. I thought at first this was angel of tilt, it is actually speed before til I happens.

Once unlocked I not have setting at 25/28/30/33 if I recall correctly. I am not a speed junkie especially since this is my first real ride since my accident.

So how does the wheel feel? First thought very sluggish and heavy, the this transforms fast into ahh solid, stable,on this I couldn't do on my Inmotion V8...ahh this is simply put AMAZING !!!

Ok there are some pitfalls too...So we are not all into the stars..yet.

Like the lift switch. I miss this but wait out until @US69 have an all good to use statement. It is heavy to carry, I don't want to carry a locked up wheel 56km back home.

Trolley handle and me are not 100% on the same page. But I am slowly finding a trick for me to do as I want. Lock at first extended position. Somehow the rear don't want to lock in position. I get back to you on this point once I confirm my little work around.

I went out on my longest ride yet to date, just cruising along. It feels effortless. Ok my feet started to ache a bit..and some more, but to me pedals are fine in size I am 40-41ish in EU size or 8/8.5 us size. My problem is I lag the mileage since I am still new at EUCs. My total mileage is just short of 400 km as of now.

To me it very nice looking with mudguard and all. Co-workers laughed when they saw it at first, then they went hmm but that is not stupid at all..I like it, itook great. All and every one said this. 

Totally my ride was around 20-22ish km. Tomorrow I bring my cam with me. Today I were a little cautious due to my accident, as I don't want to land on my camera.

Man it feels great to be riding again despite tired feets and legs. My back feels much better now, after the ride.

Oh btw on my lunch break I tested hill climbing on both gravel and bikelane. It just kept climbing, as long I could push a lean into the wheel. Now I am far from a hill climber, so it was down to my skills and lag of stamina I had to go back down. But as for the wheel it passed in my book. Now I can really go out ride forest/gravel pathways. More videos to come on this.

Now 3 weeks vacation comming, and I will have all the time to explore with wheel. ????? I am loving it.

@Scatcat I be commuting again to work. So if you like a test ride just let me know. 

@Kael trust my you are going to love this once you get it.

@Marty Backe this is not a Gotway, but this exactly what I wanted it to do and why I chose it. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Picture is not Marty-standard, but what can I do ? (see below).

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I will have to find a bikini site for one of mu upcoming rides. Maybe the sites around the beach just north of Copenhagen. I will have to scout the rides around there. It has been a while since I last went there..back in 1993ish.?

@Rehab1 I used my POC jacket for the first time. Man this makes you feel safe..a little hot but what is expected at 29-32ish Celsius in the sun with out any clouds on the sky.Resized_20180723_125451_8665.thumb.jpeg.db29e57179d92ff8bd4ae1e936894e30.jpeg

Great review! Thank you for that! Have a great vocation riding! And remember that safety no. 1!

On 7/16/2018 at 7:08 PM, Unventor said:

Hi @Kael seems my Polish dealer are beginning to be ready to ship my pre-order. They cleared customs and they now listed as shipping and my order as processing. ?1 pcs of Matt black beauty incomming for my 3 week vacation. ??

@Unventor Thank you for choosing us! By the way: nice review! The wheel is indeed a beast! I can't wait to show you my new vids :) And about the handle: if you have any issues with it - let us know and we will send you a replacement set. 

On 7/12/2018 at 8:58 AM, Unventor said:

New update at http://www.electricunicycles.eu/
Model                          Motor     Batch       Time   Info
KingSong 18L Matte: 1036Wh    2nd    Soon! LAST MINUTE CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
INMOTION V10F:          960Wh    3rd    July    OPEN DELAYED
KingSong 18L Black:  1036Wh    2nd    July    OPEN DELAYED
KingSong 18L White:  1036Wh    2nd    July    OPEN DELAYED

@Justina how long does customer clearance in general take?

@Unventor It depends. It is usually much, much worse when we introduce a new product. When we introduced V10 and V10F first in Europe, the customs surprised us with a thorough inspection. Of course everything was OK, but it took a lot of time for customs to prepare reports, all the documents and check each unit. Such things can cause an unexpected delay. When the customs are already familiar with the product, it is much faster, usually a couple of days tops. But remember that there are many other factors that affect the time from actual plane arrival to shipping to customers. First it's unloading, then customs clearance, then transport to our warehouse, then our quality control, then shipping :) So even with super fast air freight that we do, delays can sometimes happen.

By the way - our preorder schedule has been updated. Another KS-18L stock is in our warehouse right now. If anyone of you want to get a KS-18L shipped like... right now - this is last minute:

1 minute ago, Justina said:

@Unventor Thank you for choosing us! By the way: nice review! The wheel is indeed a beast! I can't wait to show you my new vids :) And about the handle: if you have any issues with it - let us know and we will send you a replacement set. 

Check out my forrest ride video on my review tread or linked in video tread. 

Got mine this afternoon! Went for a verrrrry brief 20-30metre ride on my lunch break.

First impression on first time on another wheel: it’s quite different. A little boaty, but the smoothness is immediately apparent. It’s also bloody heavy. But I love the design and construction. 

50 minutes ago, Kael said:

Got mine this afternoon! Went for a verrrrry brief 20-30metre ride on my lunch break.

First impression on first time on another wheel: it’s quite different. A little boaty, but the smoothness is immediately apparent. It’s also bloody heavy. But I love the design and construction. 

Keep us in with your thaughts about the wheel when you ride it more and more please!

1 hour ago, Kael said:

You had an Inmotion V8 too before if I  recall correctly?

Yeah I do. We’re same same, but different. But still same! ?

4E5D1D33-6285-4789-861B-E7D5BAF578E5.gif.56c7833529203c1b9bf097290e4f74dc.gif

So I cranked out 20 miles like it was nothing this evening. Bit of a break for dinner in between, mind. I set the speed max to 36km/h in darkness bot and topped out at 30ish? The app reported 21mph and that felt crazy fast to me. Im sure I’ll get used to it eventually. From the start of my riding it was at 60% battery and dropped to 25% after 33km, so I imagine most of the range comes from the top 40%.

What a wheel. It makes you feel like you’re on something more akin to a motorcycle. Unlimited powaaahh! AB66F8F7-ACBB-4D3C-916B-C32672374D25.gifUp to a point. I got too cocky and thought I could go straight up this grassy mound that’s essentially a pedestrian roundabout. Well, it couldn’t. Or maybe I just wasn’t confident enough, but it tipped sideways and fell! Hahaha. So of course I had to try it again. Still no luck. I guess I thought it would do 40-45 degrees easy. No matter, it only got a bit dusty.

Other than that, gosh it’s fun. Way louder than the V8, but I think I don’t mind that; everyone can hear me coming, and make room. (Although that may attract unwanted attention from the law, remains to be seen) giphy.gif

Oh and of course that larger tyre just annihilates smaller bumps. Larger ones are padded but still there, made tolerable rather than bone shaking.

The included speakers really are better than I thought they’d be. I honestly thought they’d be tinny and essentially useless, but no, they’re perfectly serviceable. You won’t be transported back to Woodstock in ‘69 or feel like you’re on stage with the Gorillaz, but they work fine.

Further thoughts: the button on the wheel is nice and high quality and feels pleasing when you push it in, but it also depresses further than you might think it should. And when the wheel turns on and off, it just kinda happens. There’s no beep except when it connects to the app. Pressing multiple times for different lighting modes; I’m still unsure exactly how that works and what they mean. I know they make lights either stay on or follow the light sensor and something else as well.

I’ve already nicknamed it my go-anywhere machine  

24 minutes ago, Kael said:

Pressing multiple times for different lighting modes; I’m still unsure exactly how that works and what they mean. I know they make lights either stay on or follow the light sensor and something else as well.

Powering on: Light is on AUTO mode...

second press, Lights ON

third press, Lights OFF

can also be changed by the app.....

So @Kael how is it working for you with the KS18L?

I can say now for myself. I have go new places like the forest video the other day, ridden in placed very different than before. Touring long than before. However possible had a wider smile for a longer time than before.

And oddly enough more people turning their heads looking baffled than before. 

Like today I collected a pizza at lunch. All that came in to order while I were waiting, just froze for like 5sec before passing their order too. I am not kidding you.

Or like when commuting casual home I passed an elder retired man that blunted shouted out as he walked towards me in Swedish of course "what in the hell.. what ...is ...that? Ehh what..." at this point i came out of hearing reach and he had turned 3 times look at me ? was very funny. I almost turned back to talk to him..But didn't..It is so hot here so I were looking to get into the shades.

I can only say darn you all @Marty Backe, @Scatcat, @Justina, @US69and others that have been ridding a long time. To keep this much fun hidden for yourselves and I only just now discovered this. Okey..hands down just kidding.???

I am considering to go out on my first evening or night ride today as it is too hot in the sun right now. And test if my bike handlebar actioncam mount work with the trolley handle...so maybe and in coming video.

Edit: I made a 25ish min recording. importing and putting some fast forward sections on it now. Just a teaser, I almost crashed and some fantastic responses from people I meet on my ride. I hope the mic picked it up.

Edit 2: Well mic picked up tyre and wheel noise only , too bad. 

Finally received notice from Fed Ex that that the 18L is on the way to its new home. ETA next Thursday. Gonna be a long week and then some as the real Washington is supposed to have weather like that other Washington all week ?

7 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Finally received notice from Fed Ex that that the 18L is on the way to its new home. ETA next Thursday. Gonna be a long week and then some as the real Washington is supposed to have weather like that other Washington all week ?

Yes know the feeling, been there, done that, don't  have the @Marty Backe t-shirt ?.

Hope you enjoy your new wheel as the rest of us, when it is part of your wheel family. 

Archived