18L orders

Kael

Yay..I just got the news...

My ordered KS18L is starting it travels today to become a Swedish citizen. So with luck I guess it would be arriving on Friday but more likely to be early next week. 

This is great news so I will have it before my 3 weeks vacation starts. I just hope we only get showers in the evening. We have had like 8+ weeks without rain.

I don't recall that long time with out rain in my entire 45+years of life. 

And my back is slowly getting better after my accident too. Still acking a lot but the bruising is slow starting to fade away.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kael said:

Turns out my wheel is at a Hungarian customs port. But it’s finally on the way! UK arrival by Monday. 

Thanks for this info, my wheel is surely in the same batch. I really hoped to have it in the first week of July or at least by now. Next week I'll go on vacation and I really wanted to take it with me. Now it seems it will be delivered while I'm gone. Bummer.
One good thing is, I'll maybe know, how not to burn the wheel in trolley mode by then.

@Kael I just got message from national postal service in Sweden, that my packet is in transit in Sweden and expected delivery on Monday at my work ???.

Niiice! Mine just arrived in the UK. For delivery Monday to Speedyfeet and then hopefully a quick turnaround delivery to myself. I could drive the 2.5hrs to Gloucestershire, but I’ve got work :(

12 minutes ago, Kael said:

Niiice! Mine just arrived in the UK. For delivery Monday to Speedyfeet and then hopefully a quick turnaround delivery to myself. I could drive the 2.5hrs to Gloucestershire, but I’ve got work :(

Ohh are you sure? I hear you in the UK have an emergency bank Holliday due to heat wave, it is all over EUC order channel.?

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Ohh are you sure? I hear you in the UK have an emergency bank Holliday due to heat wave, it is all over EUC order channel.?

Lol, not a joking matter ?

First rain like 6 weeks! Crazy. 

So the clock is ticking...the longest 24 hours of the just started. 

My work normally get postal deliveries between 9-10 am. As I type this it is 10.15 am my local time.....the waiting ... since my Inmotion v8 has been out of commission since my crash it feels great once again to be able to ride again...tomorrow ?

Just got my wheel this morning at the office. ?

Have charged it to 90%ish and disabled lift switch.

I have taken my first 25 meters drive around the office, it feels different than my Inmotion v8. Heavier and a bit more sluggish at low speed. But once I got on it I started to feel confident very fast. Despite my recent accident. ?

So my afterwork calander is fully booked this afternoon/evening.

I have taken my first 25 meters drive around the office, it feels different than my Inmotion v8. Heavier and a bit more sluggish at low speed. But once I got on it I started to feel confident very fast. Despite my recent accident. ?

CG! Mine will come in a week I hope....

Write in the evening your feels about new wheel please! I cant wait for mine.

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Gratz! Looks like this weather is going to hold out for the time being, so still plenty of time to wheel in the next week or two. 

Not exactly sure what the turn around time is from Speedyfeet to myself. Probably by the end of this week. 

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

Have Fun....great Wheel!

Just today my Thai friend unlocked the 50kmh....and Reports still perfect stability at this Speed!

3 hours ago, ricqvo said:

CG! Mine will come in a week I hope....

Write in the evening your feels about new wheel please! I cant wait for mine.

Hoping with you  ?

13 minutes ago, US69 said:

Have Fun....great Wheel!

Just today my Thai friend unlocked the 50kmh....and Reports still perfect stability at this Speed!

Hoping with you  ?

UPS says delivery today, but I think that the wheel havent even reached europe... So f*ck u ups and I am waiting quiety?

2 hours ago, ricqvo said:

UPS says delivery today, but I think that the wheel havent even reached europe... So f*ck u ups and I am waiting quiety?

No you are not. I can hear you bouncing off the walls and ceiling?

I have just come in from my first real ride. At first real slow..took me 5km+ at my lunch break, not succeeding unlocking the 18-20kmh limit?

Then another 6-7ish km of my evening ride. Until I finally understood why I kept getting invalid setting. 

So simple I didn't spot it at first. You much have highest speed on pedel tilt. I thought at first this was angel of tilt, it is actually speed before til I happens.

Once unlocked I not have setting at 25/28/30/33 if I recall correctly. I am not a speed junkie especially since this is my first real ride since my accident.

So how does the wheel feel? First thought very sluggish and heavy, the this transforms fast into ahh solid, stable,on this I couldn't do on my Inmotion V8...ahh this is simply put AMAZING !!!

Ok there are some pitfalls too...So we are not all into the stars..yet.

Like the lift switch. I miss this but wait out until @US69 have an all good to use statement. It is heavy to carry, I don't want to carry a locked up wheel 56km back home.

Trolley handle and me are not 100% on the same page. But I am slowly finding a trick for me to do as I want. Lock at first extended position. Somehow the rear don't want to lock in position. I get back to you on this point once I confirm my little work around.

I went out on my longest ride yet to date, just cruising along. It feels effortless. Ok my feet started to ache a bit..and some more, but to me pedals are fine in size I am 40-41ish in EU size or 8/8.5 us size. My problem is I lag the mileage since I am still new at EUCs. My total mileage is just short of 400 km as of now.

To me it very nice looking with mudguard and all. Co-workers laughed when they saw it at first, then they went hmm but that is not stupid at all..I like it, itook great. All and every one said this. 

Totally my ride was around 20-22ish km. Tomorrow I bring my cam with me. Today I were a little cautious due to my accident, as I don't want to land on my camera.

Man it feels great to be riding again despite tired feets and legs. My back feels much better now, after the ride.

Oh btw on my lunch break I tested hill climbing on both gravel and bikelane. It just kept climbing, as long I could push a lean into the wheel. Now I am far from a hill climber, so it was down to my skills and lag of stamina I had to go back down. But as for the wheel it passed in my book. Now I can really go out ride forest/gravel pathways. More videos to come on this.

Now 3 weeks vacation comming, and I will have all the time to explore with wheel. ????? I am loving it.

@Scatcat I be commuting again to work. So if you like a test ride just let me know. 

@Kael trust my you are going to love this once you get it.

@Marty Backe this is not a Gotway, but this exactly what I wanted it to do and why I chose it. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Picture is not Marty-standard, but what can I do ? (see below).

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love I will have to find a bikini site for one of mu upcoming rides. Maybe the sites around the beach just north of Copenhagen. I will have to scout the rides around there. It has been a while since I last went there..back in 1993ish.?

@Rehab1 I used my POC jacket for the first time. Man this makes you feel safe..a little hot but what is expected at 29-32ish Celsius in the sun with out any clouds on the sky.Resized_20180723_125451_8665.thumb.jpeg.db29e57179d92ff8bd4ae1e936894e30.jpeg

@Unventor, I'm happy that you're happy :) I'm sure you will love your KS-18L. I've clocked about 200 km on this wheel and as I was very happy after my first ride on this wheel, I'm getting more happy with each ride. Of course I'm aware of trolley mode problem and waiting for confirmed information that the problem cause has been identified and resolved. However, with lift sensor disabled and by avoiding trolleying as much as possible, I can enjoy my rides without any problem or glitch. From my point of view, choosing KS-18L was a good decision. Now I have KS-16C for local, city riding (up to 40km) and KS-18L for longer (60+ km) rides.

5 minutes ago, hal2000 said:

60+ km rides on 18L??? Man, how much do you weigh? 100 lbs? ;)

I reckon I might be able to do that to as I don't ride at full speed. I am only cruising at 25-30ish kmh. I'm about 72-74kg ad my helmet at around 1kg and my protection jacket at 1.6kg....

Oh subtract the 5 liters of air in my belly. That is why I have look of eating a soccer football ?

So how does the wheel feel? First thought very sluggish and heavy, the this transforms fast into ahh solid, stable,on this I couldn't do on my Inmotion V8...ahh this is simply put AMAZING !!!

Thats ALWAYS the first feeling getting on a bigger inch size, as its just physics to feel a bit less starting torque.....but believe me, as soon as you get more trust into leaning in....you will never look back!

Like the lift switch. I miss this but wait out until @US69 have an all good to use statement. It is heavy to carry, I don't want to carry a locked up wheel 56km back home.

Inreally hope we get good messages soon....still in daily contact woth KS...tomorrow they get first defect board!

Somehow the rear don't want to lock in position. I get back to you on this point once I confirm my little work around.

When the trolley will not correctly lock in down position....this MIGHT be a warranty case....as allready a bit to weak rod/hole/lock stick has been identified....controle the situation...and perhaps contact seller about it!!

me it very nice looking with mudguard and all. Co-workers laughed when they saw it at first, then they went hmm but that is not stupid at all..I like it, itook great. All and every one said this. 

to me it is like this: As ugly as the mudguard looks: it does his job and IS included.....thats at least a progress!!!

Now 3 weeks vacation comming, and I will have all the time to explore with wheel. ????? I am loving it.

Have Fun man...its a great wheel!!

3 hours ago, ricqvo said:

Gnarc.....give nothing aboout UPS tracking as long as it only says „in transit“ or „confirmation“ received....

But....then...from one day to the other it will made all the jumps. you want....like „nearly at your door“.....

Resized_20180723_125451_8665.thumb.jpeg.db29e57179d92ff8bd4ae1e936894e30.jpeg

Nice report. I would have picked black too - does look nice on you :cheers:

P.s. Nice matching shirt and helmet :D

52 minutes ago, hal2000 said:

60+ km rides on 18L??? Man, how much do you weigh? 100 lbs? ;)

I'm 80 kg netto, but always riding with my 5+ kg backpack :) And I get consistently more than 60 km on a single charge (at least from my three rides, measured with GPS because Kingsong app is unreliably optimistic in this matter). My average speed is ~20km/h.

47 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice report. I would have picked black too - does look nice on you :cheers:

P.s. Nice matching shirt and helmet :D

I found this on sale at local supermarket for like 5€. It is alightsweight  running t-shirt. But bright traffic colour. 

39 minutes ago, Seba said:

I'm 80 kg netto, but always riding with my 5+ kg backpack :) And I get consistently more than 60 km on a single charge (at least from my three rides, measured with GPS because Kingsong app is unreliably optimistic in this matter). My average speed is ~20km/h.

Okay, I believe you now :) I'm 100 kg net and 60+ is out of reach for me (on both 16S and 18L) probably also due to average speed. I do my best as a careful and safe rider but I have no patience for avg of 20 km/h. Abundance of empty cycle paths is too tempting.

I reckon I might be able to do that to as I don't ride at full speed. I am only cruising at 25-30ish kmh. I'm about 72-74kg ad my helmet at around 1kg and my protection jacket at 1.6kg....

Oh subtract the 5 liters of air in my belly. That is why I have look of eating a soccer football ?

On my first day on KS18L I was able to travel 60km. I'm 77kg. First 30km was in 20-30 km/h range, second 30km was near the top speed - reduced neart the end to 30km/h. At the end battery was at 20%-ish level.

Archived