Xoltri

Gotway MSuperX DIY fender

Had some black coroplast left over and used it to make a fender for the MSuperX.  Used hot glue to attach it, works great!  I don't think an official version is available yet but when it is I'll swap it out.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B6Zdxwe1DW1BMXU66

Thanks, I'm waiting for one that doesn't require me to screw into the shell.

:confused1:  These fender things have always been a pet peeve of mine.  If they are going to all the trouble to design a shell, why the heck don't they make a built-in fender from the get go?  If they think it will get damaged, make it replaceable or have metal supports underneath?  Better yet, just shape the shell so it provides some splash protection.  I know in China puddles are outlawed :whistling:, but in other countries they do pop up now and then.  Make that shell thoughtfully built from the start so people don't need to tack on homemade solutions.  For a $1600+ wheel, com'on, it should come with a fender as standard.  Or at least I think so.  :pooping:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:confused1:  These fender things have always been a pet peeve of mine.  If they are going to all the trouble to design a shell, why the heck don't they make a built-in fender from the get go?  If they think it will get damaged, make it replaceable or have metal supports underneath?  Better yet, just shape the shell so it provides some splash protection.  I know in China puddles are outlawed :whistling:, but in other countries they do pop up now and then.  Make that shell thoughtfully built from the start so people don't need to tack on homemade solutions.  For a $1600+ wheel, com'on, it should come with a fender as standard.  Or at least I think so.  :pooping:

As much as I agree with this (the ACM is a great design that has minimal splash) I am very happy that my MSuper X will have a removable clip on fender, because it would easily break if it was part of the shell and I took a spill since the shell design is not round.

1 hour ago, Ryan Sinatra said:

As much as I agree with this (the ACM is a great design that has minimal splash) I am very happy that my MSuper X will have a removable clip on fender, because it would easily break if it was part of the shell and I took a spill since the shell design is not round.

Good point, I just wish it came with the wheel.

:whistling:  Just don't fall.

There are pretty flexible plastics available.  Take for instance the KS14 shell.  King Song had a video of a few people throwing it around and jumping on it which just resulted in it bouncing back to shape.  Just make a fender out of that stuff and we'd be golden.   Or simply have one that pops out and back into place. 

52 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:whistling:  Just don't fall.

There are pretty flexible plastics available.  Take for instance the KS14 shell.  King Song had a video of a few people throwing it around and jumping on it which just resulted in it bouncing back to shape.  Just make a fender out of that stuff and we'd be golden.   Or simply have one that pops out and back into place. 

They showed the official Gotway Msuper x fender being silicone and bendable. Too bad you have to bolt it on thru the case 😔