Cant update my kingsong 18L

boo82281

1 hour ago, boo82281 said:

I have a apple iphone7 and the kingsong app.  I cant scroll down the page and hit confirm to start the update on my kingsong18L.

IMG_2143.PNG

Good question.  I have the same issue with my IPhone 8 Plus and  ks16s.

Stupid suggestion I know, but did you guys try running in landscape mode? Sometimes that helps.

I think some were able to hit Settings - Fimware Update before that announcement came up, and were succesfully updating that way.

After that tap the big orange circled arrow and wait for a few minutes.

Please dont'use iOS with the KS 18l. Grab an android phone and do the firmware upgrade or wait for the new kingsong app for iOS ( in a week)

I got the new update too. Now it does not say Illegal equipment anymore for the KS18l. Now you can see your wheel and your name. It seems fine but Im still not playng with the light effects or with the trolley sensor.

6 minutes ago, cbgti said:

@phatmike : Do you think that you have a "first batch" of a KS18L?

It could be the reason of the "illegal equipment" mention, no ?

No, it's just because it's unknown by the app. It have nothing to do with "first batch". As soon as I updated to 1.50 on android in show a real model name.

5 hours ago, cbgti said:

@phatmike : Do you think that you have a "first batch" of a KS18L?

It could be the reason of the "illegal equipment" mention, no ?

I ve no idea if my KS18l is first batch or not but I dont think is related  with the "illegal  equipment" issue. Now with the new app for iOS everithing works fine. Riding modes, lights, trolley sensor, battery capacity and it shows my wheel and my name. I just tested the app and the wheel in a 50km trip changing different settings and playng with the light effects. I walked with the trolley too. Everithing seems to work just fine. I hope is over!

Archived