Show us what got you!

The idea is simple:

Show us the pothole, curb, rock, or other obstacle that made you crash. Be it because you didn't look where you were going, or because it didn't work out how you thought it would, or because a freak combination of unfortunate circumstances. Add a little story if you like. What happened, why, what did you learn, etc.

So others may learn from our mistakes and bad luck, or at least have some entertainment:efee8319ab:

--

Here's my rock of evil. Was in the middle of a super smooth, wide open bike path, just the one moment ever when I was distracted by my jacket's hood. Managed to hit it head on at 25+km/h. Wheel got stopped, I didn't, so I did a superman forwards, hit the ground hands first and feet second, and slid to a stop. My wrist guards safed my palms from serious and nasty injury, and I started to wear my knee guards after this (had a bruised knee from sliding along the pavement, a small but annoying injury). Also ruined quite some clothing items:efef895ddd:

That's the bastard:

56574.jpg

56575.jpg

(Also made a thread about it.)

This is a placeholder post while I gather some of my images.
05-07-2018;
This is a screw from my trip home. Poked a nice hole into my rear Dualtron wheel. I had to Uber home. I installed 8 Oz of Slime into the tire and then filled it with air. Not sure if it will work 100% and didn't trust it to take to work this morning. 
lQlwIKj.jpg 

Edit: 06-07-2018;
On my way home last night before I got screwed, I tried to obtain a picture of one of my crash locations. They have fixed the street since then so the cause is no longer there.

Well so far so good after my accident today. 

I have been at A&E since 19.00, now it is almost 02.30. Apparently I didn't go to Valhalla, but the starting to ache like mad now.

Now with picture of the rock I hit after my puncture. 

Lesson learned:

I need to get a MC jacket and possible MC pants too. I am not going to slime the wheel, I might get back to this later why.

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well so far so good after my accident today. 

I have been at A&E since 19.00, now it is almost 02.30. Apparently I didn't go to Valhalla, but the starting to ache like mad now.

What happened?

21 hours ago, Esper said:

This is a placeholder post while I gather some of my images. It won't be until this weekend when I get all the images.

lQlwIKj.jpg 

The above image is a screw from yesterday's trip home. I had to Uber home. I installed 8 Oz of Slime into the tire and then filled it with air. Not sure if it will work 100% and didn't trust it to take to work this morning. 

Personally I wouldn't trust anything other than a new tube.  I tried a repaired tube and the patch failed suddenly.  The wheel became instantly uncontrollable, very scary, not a good feeling.  I was going about 20km/h I would estimate and I managed to jump off and keep upright, but any faster and I would've been on the ground for sure.

Archived