KS18L Firmware 1.07

TomOnWheels

Hi,

Just did update from v1.06 to v1.07 using king song app v1.50 on Android. Worked as a charm !

Low speed motor off detection seems to work better now. Also battery LED indicator seems to showing real status. Moreover in seems that low battery voltage speed was adjusted...

Thanks King Song for frequent updates, looks like you really listen to your customers.

1 hour ago, phatmike said:

I have iOS. I tried to upgrade to 1.07 but the only thing I get is a freeze! The screen does not  scroll anymore!

The IOS app is not 18L compatible...

17 minutes ago, nte said:

V1.07: 
1. Optimized working mechanism of disengagement sensor , avoid losing balacing at low speed.   
2. Solved wheel freezing issue when changing LED pattern  
3. Adjust low voltage speed limitation  
4. More accurate LED battery indicator

Yeah, actually one week after the first small quirks where reported they send out this new firmware....i guess good job!

Interesting is btw that the new 18L also has a controller for „motor temperature“ 

You will find this information under -More - detailed Parameter...... 

(speaking of android Version 1.50 and at least Fw 1.06 on the 18L)

@phatmike

And please...you have a 18L and IOS?

Dont play around with the IOS app, especially not with the LED lightshow settings.....might fry your board!!!

Try to get hold of a friends android phone...use the KS android app version 1.50 and upgrade to wheel FW 1.07!

34 minutes ago, US69 said:

@phatmike

And please...you have a 18L and IOS?

Dont play around with the IOS app, especially not with the LED lightshow settings.....might fry your board!!!

Try to get hold of a friends android phone...use the KS android app version 1.50 and upgrade to wheel FW 1.07!

Thanks! But after the upgrade with an android phone may I go back with iOS? It is a week that Im using my iPhone with the Ks 18l with no problem at all! Was I just lucky? Do I have to stop using the iOS app completly?

11 minutes ago, phatmike said:

Thanks! But after the upgrade with an android phone may I go back with iOS? It is a week that Im using my iPhone with the Ks 18l with no problem at all! Was I just lucky? Do I have to stop using the iOS app completly?

What was known is that playing around with the LED lightring has lead to freezing of the board, and so fried board.

This was a FW problem....not an app problem...so after upgrading to FW 1.07 (on android) you should be safe.

The IOS app itself (just showing illegal equipment) is also in the works...but needs some time.

I would say adjust all on the android phone...and for speed info and daily use until the KS ios app is ready use darkness bot app....

Do I need to upgrade firmware on ks18L/ I don’t have an android I have an iPhone. My wheel works fine and I don’t use app when riding. I have been riding it and seems great. Should I be worried?

Just got my 18L, connected using latest iOS, say illegal equipment.  Was able to get latest android app, only way to install was using gmail to send to yourself.  Cannot do it through chrome.  

But fimware serve loooks like its down.  Latest firmware reported as 0.00

anyone know if v1.03 is safe if I don’t use the LED’s?  Turned that shit off

BC1097DC-7362-4AD5-9459-C96989725142.thumb.jpeg.7e1e12735a6f19e88262dee85fc5e41c.jpeg

1.07 firmware is compulsory, there was an incident at 45 kmh when KS18L dived and threw the rider off, that was an overload (he's riding very aggressively) without any hint with pedals rising or sound alarm. Rider is fine bc protective gear, few scratches, wheel is fine too. 1.07 fixes overload alarms, so it's a must have.

My wheel became less sensitive for lifting off, otherwise everything's fine so far.

38 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

only way to install was using gmail to send to yourself.

I have firefox on my android just for the purpose of downloading apks from kingsong/inmotion :).

14 minutes ago, EZhel said:

My wheel became less sensitive for lifting off, otherwise everything's fine so far.

Yeah, me too.   Now I feel like I have to jerk the handle up to get it to activate... seems to work everytime though.   Maybe I'll try re-calibrating.

2 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

Maybe I'll try re-calibrating.

Thinking about recalibrating after 1.07 too. Still, fixing that sudden switching off problem is good, so I'm good about sensor being less sensitive, than it being more sensitive to the point of switching motor off when wheel just stands by itself. I didn't experience that bug, but other owners here had it.

1 hour ago, EZhel said:

Thinking about recalibrating after 1.07 too. Still, fixing that sudden switching off problem is good, so I'm good about sensor being less sensitive, than it being more sensitive to the point of switching motor off when wheel just stands by itself. I didn't experience that bug, but other owners here had it.

think they lock it down for the range of activation.  meaning if it was to activate below 5km/h before, they maybe made it below 2km/h in firmware.  just a hunch.

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Just got my 18L, connected using latest iOS, say illegal equipment.  Was able to get latest android app, only way to install was using gmail to send to yourself.  Cannot do it through chrome.  

I can't install v1.5 through Chrome either. The Kingsong_Aligned.apk I'm downloading is 47MB though, way too big for Gmail. Do you have a different .apk file you can share?

google drive is free, when you send from your pc, it will automatically put on google drive and link to email.  just have to go to android gmail app and lick the link.

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

google drive is free, when you send from your pc, it will automatically put on google drive and link to email.  just have to go to android gmail app and lick the link.

I just tried this and I could finally install the app. Thanks a lot sir!

What are you setting your alerts at?

7 minutes ago, Xolition said:

I just tried this and I could finally install the app. Thanks a lot sir!

What are you setting your alerts at?

0,0,39,40.  until i get to 200km's

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

iOS app going to be updated this Sat or early next week says KS rep.  Hope my wheel doesn’t self destruct before that.  

i hope they work it all out before my wheel gets here. they have a lot on the line  with @Jason McNeilwheels still comng by boat.

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

0,0,39,40.  until i get to 200km's

I couldn't get the lean back above 20km in v1.50, so I tried the iOS app and it still wouldn't work. This is after doing the speed unlock after 5km. However upon going back to Android it all of a sudden saved. This terrible app situation really dampens the King Song experience imo. Are you saying at 200km the full 55/kph unlocks?

Archived