Griffith Park Sunset Ride (and special treat) - July 14th 2018, Southern California

1 hour ago, Jerome said:

I am curious. I saw on the news that there was a forest blaze raging in Griffin Park. Your Griffin Park? It must not have been too significant if you guys will be riding though there?

We can always sneak in thru Griffith park blvd north of Los Feliz. We could park on Cromwell or we could just meet up at my warehouse on the backside of the park off of Chevy Chase and make our way in across a new foot and horse bridge over the LA river. Then you could tell @Hunka Hunka Burning Love  you saw the fabled Subaru 360s in person. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/11/2018 at 8:41 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think it’s time for a poster!  :w00t2:

Brought to you in part by Ewheels, your first choice provider of electric rides!

Thanks much @Hunka Hunka Burning Love You're the man! I just used your excellent poster for my event announcement on Facebook ?

On 7/11/2018 at 7:51 PM, Marty Backe said:

I'll bring my MCM5 too, just for you :D  If you like it you can use it during ride too, if you want. No other wheels because I'd rather not leave too much in my car.

oh YES, that would be awesome. You read my mind, I actually just logged on to ask you to bring it! I need to see if it fits in my carry on! THANKS!

3 minutes ago, maltocs said:

oh YES, that would be awesome. You read my mind, I actually just logged on to ask you to bring it! I need to see if it fits in my carry on! THANKS!

They do sell a backpack for the mcm5 on Green Fashion alibaba. It straps to the outside, so its pretty obvious as to what you are carrying. You will probably have to remove the batteries and ship them first.

9 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

They do sell a backpack for the mcm5 on Green Fashion alibaba. It straps to the outside, so its pretty obvious as to what you are carrying. You will probably have to remove the batteries and ship them first.

Yeah, I saw those but I want it to be completely covered. I was able to get my Ninebot 14" wheel into an ebags backpack. I wanna see if the MCM5 will fit.

download.jpg

3 hours ago, maltocs said:

Carry on ? :blink1: You want to take it somewhere? :huh:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Carry on ? :blink1: You want to take it somewhere? :huh:

well, now that you're offering! I just wanna test its potential carry on the plane size! it's still on the potential buy list if the V10F doesn't get "fixed"

5 hours ago, maltocs said:

well, now that you're offering! I just wanna test its potential carry on the plane size! it's still on the potential buy list if the V10F doesn't get "fixed"

It'll be there. Hopefully in the commotion of the night I don't lose track of it. But I'll know where to look if I do ;)

If you're going to get a V10F replacement you owe yourself to get a real mans wheel, something with at least 1600wh of battery :D I have a suggestion if you need one :efee6b18f3:

I'm not sure if US airlines have lightened up on their stance, but I think people were saying that EUCs are not allowed on many airlines except in China.  Some people with Solowheels were able to travel, but that was a few years ago.  @US69 had to abandon his wheel at an airport after making it halfway through his trip.   Some people like @codersarepeople were able to travel with their Ninebot within the US, but I haven't heard of too many success stories unfortunately.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:03 PM, Stan Onymous said:

We can always sneak in thru Griffith park blvd north of Los Feliz. We could park on Cromwell or we could just meet up at my warehouse on the backside of the park off of Chevy Chase and make our way in across a new foot and horse bridge over the LA river. Then you could tell @Hunka Hunka Burning Love  you saw the fabled Subaru 360s in person. 

The Park is officially open tomorrow (Saturday). So the event is on as scheduled. Sorry, no Subaru 360 sightseeing :) 

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It'll be there. Hopefully in the commotion of the night I don't lose track of it. But I where to look if I do ;)

If you're going to get V10F replacement you owe yourself to get a real mans wheel, something with at least 1600wh of battery :D I have a suggestion if you need one :efee6b18f3:

Oh so now we are comparing sizes to determine real man status. I can't believe it has come to this!

2 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Oh so now we are comparing sizes to determine real man status. I can't believe it has come to this!

You betcha. This is an exclusive club. There'll be a test tomorrow at the meetup :lol:

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@US69 had to abandon his wheel at an airport after making it halfway through his trip.   Some people like @codersarepeople were able to travel with their Ninebot within the US, but I haven't heard of too many success stories unfortunately.

I know a UPS pilot who tried to bring one am EUC back to the US with him from China (he occasionally goes to Shenzhen) but wasn’t able to without removing the batteries. He ended up having to leave it there as he wasn’t sure if he would even be able to carry the batteries with him after removing them. 

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You betcha. This is an exclusive club. There'll be a test tomorrow at the meetup :lol:

I guess I can either lose about 50 lbs or get a 1600 wheel to be able to compete. 1600 is looking better and better. 

31 minutes ago, ndmcc said:

I know a UPS pilot who tried to bring one am EUC back to the US with him from China (he occasionally goes to Shenzhen) but wasn’t able to without removing the batteries. He ended up having to leave it there as he wasn’t sure if he would even be able to carry the batteries with him after removing them. 

A UPS pilot is just a regular passenger unless he's actually flying the plane out of the cargo hanger. Everyone goes through the same security at the passenger terminal, even the crew. All I'm saying is where there's a will, there's a way. (me in alabama, I'm not saying how i got my wheel there!)

20180521_170527 (1).jpg

Ok, I’m here at the dropped pin in the parking lot, I got here a bit early in case of traffic or any other possible delays. I haven’t been to this area before, so let me know if the meet up spot changes for some reason. I’ll see everyone soon!

10 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Thanks for the group ride and Z10 demo! I had a freaking blast!

We had all the latest Wheels out there. The Z10, the V10F, the KS18L, the Tesla, all in one place on one ride! Amazing showcase of the vehicles and tremendously fun!

@Michael Vu brought the KS18L so many thanks to him for being the reason and bringing some awesome toys. Shampoo was adorable. A definite mascot for the sport. Total pro!

Lots of new members joined the ride, and they should sound off here so we can remember their forum names now. Ha! We had a count of twelve including Shampoo. One rider had to leave early for dinner, but one rider even stuck around late to try out my KS18s. We even had a ks14d that made it all the way with plenty of left over power. It had more battery left over than my V8 which has a comparable battery.

If you are wanting to go on one of these rides join up. We had a rider who only had 28 miles on his first EUC. We had a rider who just started two months ago. Also, Janet made this ride the first co ed ride I have been on and we need more women to join our rides, so kudos go out to the Vus.

If you missed this one join up for the next one. It is always fun and good times are had by all.

31 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

We had all the latest Wheels out there. The Z10, the V10F, the KS18L, the Tesla, all in one place on one ride! Amazing showcase of the vehicles and tremendously fun!

@Michael Vu brought the KS18L so many thanks to him for being the reason and bringing some awesome toys. Shampoo was adorable. A definite mascot for the sport. Total pro!

Lots of new members joined the ride, and they should sound off here so we can remember their forum names now. Ha! We had a count of twelve including Shampoo. One rider had to leave early for dinner, but one rider even stuck around late to try out my KS18s. We even had a ks14d that made it all the way with plenty of left over power. It had more battery left over than my V8 which has a comparable battery.

If you are wanting to go on one of these rides join up. We had a rider who only had 28 miles on his first EUC. We had a rider who just started two months ago. Also, Janet made this ride the first co ed ride I have been on and we need more women to join our rides, so kudos go out to the Vus.

If you missed this one join up for the next one. It is always fun and good times are had by all.

Thanks for those nice words Bill :cheers: It was a fantastic evening and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. One or more videos will be forthcoming.

This was my first meetup, and also my first experience trying out any EUC besides my KS14D (which performed like a champ especially with @Stan Onymous as a rider). I was also the one who tried the KS18S, which I was surprised to see have no trouble accelerating up very steep hills.

I have to say I couldn’t think of a better first meet to go to! Everyone was so nice, and like Bill said, the wheel selection was amazing. I’ve fallen down the EUC obsession rabbit hole, so I pretty much lost it out of excitement getting to try out different wheels. I learned that you can research the difference between wheels all you like, but you can never really tell how they’ll feel when riding until you try them yourself. I now totally understand why many say 16” is their favorite wheel size, how every wheel has its own feel, and just how much you need to really put your weight into telling an 18” wheel what to do.

I was originally set on getting an MSX, but after hearing about how much more portable the ACM2 is while retaining the X’s speed, range, and most of its long-ride comfort in addition to how it lets you feel like you’re gliding down the road, I’m not so sure anymore! I may have to reconsider what my actual use cases would be for the X after hearing about how much heavier and larger it is and decide if the extra comfort yet slightly lesser hill climbing ability are really worth it over the ACM2 (not to mention the increased price - with accessories like a night lamp, better pads and helmet for high speeds, a fast charger, and maybe a speaker, it would cost as much as the MSX alone!) As requested, I’ll make a post after finalizing my decision.

All in all, I had an amazing time riding and getting to know everyone. It will be a bit tougher to make the journey back to LA once I’m situated in San Diego, but I won’t let that stop me! Thanks everyone for coming out and I hope to see you all again!

Also, here are some photos I took at the outlooks we stopped at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JZZA2aJ2U3NNYYtH6

They may not be the best quality, but I thought I might as well share them in case anyone wants to see them. @Marty Backe, do you have the group photos we took? I never got the chance to take any on my phone. 

10 minutes ago, ndmcc said:

This was my first meetup, and also my first experience trying out any EUC besides my KS14D (which performed like a champ especially with @Stan Onymous as a rider). I was also the one who tried the KS18S, which I was surprised to see have no trouble accelerating up very steep hills.

I have to say I couldn’t think of a better first meet to go to! Everyone was so nice, and like Bill said, the wheel selection was amazing. I’ve fallen down the EUC obsession rabbit hole, so I pretty much lost it out of excitement getting to try out different wheels. I learned that you can research the difference between wheels all you like, but you can never really tell how they’ll feel when riding until you try them yourself. I now totally understand why many say 16” is their favorite wheel size, how every wheel has its own feel, and just how much you need to really put your weight into telling an 18” wheel what to do.

I was originally set on getting an MSX, but after hearing about how much more portable the ACM2 is while retaining the X’s speed, range, and most of its long-ride comfort in addition to how it lets you feel like you’re gliding down the road, I’m not so sure anymore! I may have to reconsider what my actual use cases would be for the X after hearing about how much heavier and larger it is and decide if the extra comfort yet slightly lesser hill climbing ability are really worth it over the ACM2 (not to mention the increased price - with accessories like a night lamp, better pads and helmet for high speeds, a fast charger, and maybe a speaker, it would cost as much as the MSX alone!) As requested, I’ll make a post after finalizing my decision.

All in all, I had an amazing time riding and getting to know everyone. It will be a bit tougher to make the journey back to LA once I’m situated in San Diego, but I won’t let that stop me! Thanks everyone for coming out and I hope to see you all again!

Also, here are some photos I took at the outlooks we stopped at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JZZA2aJ2U3NNYYtH6

They may not be the best quality, but I thought I might as well share them in case anyone wants to see them. @Marty Backe, do you have the group photos we took? I never got the chance to take any on my phone. 

:cheers:

I'll post one or two of the group shots here, along with the video.

When I receive my MSX in ~3-weeks, you're welcome to travel up here to see me. I can let you ride it and the ACM2 if it would help your decision. Keep in touch.

Archived