Griffith Park Sunset Ride (and special treat) - July 14th 2018, Southern California

@Michael Vu and his wife/girlfriend :confused1: are visiting Southern California this weekend. Come join us as we host them for a memorable ride around Griffith Park at sunset (the Sun sets at 8:05) this Saturday evening.

We will be meeting at the usual parking lot above the Greek Theater at 5pm: Google Map Pin  Parking could be a challenge so please be prepared to park on or near Los Feliz and wheel in to the meetup location.

And here's a surprise enticement to get some of you lazy bums to join us. I will have the Ninebot Z10 (on loan from @Jason McNeil of EWheels fame) on display and available for everyone to test ride. It will join us as we ride around the park. After the Z10 festivities we will probably get to riding by ~6pm.

Any wheel with a 800wh battery or greater can join us for the fun. However, if you have no wheel feel free to still join us to view the Z10 (and many other wheels which will probably be in attendance). Hope to see you there :clap3:

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou @YoshiSkySun @NBC44 @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Stan Onymous @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype 

@serfy @n2eus @Williepimpin @Peter Q @Jon Sawa @Mike Hanna @maltocs @1Wheeler

@Alsayyad @who_the @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q  @ndmcc  @Mike Hanna 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in. Please let me know if the time changes due to the potential no-show of the Z10. I don't mind showing up early to test anything you think might make me regret hearing the OVERLOAD warning. :)

7 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I'm in. Please let me know if the time changes due to the potential no-show of the Z10. I don't mind showing up early to test anything you think might make me regret hearing the OVERLOAD warning. :)

Great. The time won't change. If anything we'll just get riding sooner :D

I'd love to try and make it out at least to meet some of you guys as I haven't meant anyone from this forum yet.  Plus it would he great to check out that Z10.  

Only issue is all I have is the V8 so I definitely don't have the range,but at least Griffith park is really close to me....  ?

4 minutes ago, Tjtripp said:

I'd love to try and make it out at least to meet some of you guys as I haven't meant anyone from this forum yet.  Plus it would he great to check out that Z10.  

Only issue is all I have is the V8 so I definitely don't have the range,but at least Griffith park is really close to me....  ?

I’m in the same position, I’ve got a KS14D so not enough range. @Marty Backe, would it be acceptable to join the ride and turn back early? If not, that’s ok, I just thought I might as well ask. 

4 minutes ago, Tjtripp said:

Please join us, and bring your V8 so you can ride with us. The trails that we take are such that you'll be able to easily return to your car when the battery gets lower. @Stan Onymous enjoyed this ride on his V8, although if I remember correctly, he did swap out his battery pack (he can swap V8 batteries in record time).

I've ridden my 650wh MCM5 on this same route and I ended the ride with over 35% battery. But even if you join us for the first half of the ride I guarantee that it will be memorable.

The Z10 awaits you ;)

Just now, ndmcc said:

I’m in the same position, I’ve got a KS14D so not enough range. @Marty Backe, would it be acceptable to join the ride and turn back early? If not, that’s ok, I just thought I might as well ask. 

Yes. Read what I just wrote to @Tjtripp

On 7/10/2018 at 2:11 PM, maltocs said:

The Z10 is now in motion and due to arrive at my house on Friday. So it'll be there :thumbup:

I will be in Imperial beach this saturday picking up a Subaru 360 shell, but I can have my extra battery charged up and ready if someone wants to have it as a back up. The rides are usually around 15 miles, so you should be fine, but there is always more to be had. 

The battery weighs 5-6lbs so its not too much in weight. PM me if you want to pick it up or I can EUC it close to Griffith Park on Friday nite.

6 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I will be in Imperial beach this saturday picking up a Subaru 360 shell, but I can have my extra battery charged up and ready if someone wants to have it as a back up. The rides are usually around 15 miles, so you should be fine, but there is always more to be had. 

The battery weighs 5-6lbs so its not too much in weight. PM me if you want to pick it up or I can EUC it close to Griffith Park on Friday nite.

Very nice of you to make that offer Bill. Too bad we won't see you. I thought you might make it out to see the Z10.

17 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Suby 360?  Why?  Oh god why?  :blink:  Even the ads kinda stated the obvious.  It's not a VW bug and not a Fiat 500, but it's like some kinda car abomination.  :rolleyes:

Let's not derail this thread Hunka - I don't want to fill it with a discussion about cars :efef36327c: I know how passionate that can get.

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Suby 360?  Why?  Oh god why?  :blink:  Even the ads kinda stated the obvious.  It's not a VW bug and not a Fiat 500, but it's like some kinda car abomination.  :rolleyes:

28266757649_4dbae55efe_b.jpg

Parents:

5ad61b847a270_1523634939fc79f56827fb8f0I

b403eca0-53cd-4746-ae3a-af17fecea50e.jpg

You can never see these cars too many times, and all of their hp/ weight ratios are only slightly better than the newer high powered wheels coming out this summer.

I have a Subaru 360 Young and it has a surfboard dent in the roof for your trips to the beach with the board strapped to the roof. One Young has the engine and windows with no floorboards and this other has the shell which  is just ready to paint like the other one and then replace all the parts in the entire vehicle. There are only 126 electrical connections to reconnect including grounding wires. Lol .

I also have the fiat 600 1960 with the actual 600cc 4 cylinder. I am pulling the engine in August and rebuilding and repainting it as well.

The Subaru 360 stake bed truck is fun to fishtail at stoplights. As if everyone wasnt looking to begin with.

:ph34r:  My bad, my bad.  I was just trying to tease @Stan Onymous a bit there.  :lol:  Plus hey, a free bump never hurts getting noticed!  Controversy is good publicity, Marty!  Didn't you get the memo? :blink:  That reminds me - I have to set up the Gotway Mar-Tee Gift Shop at the end of the ride.  :whistling:

Whoa whoa whoa hold the phone I was assuming it was a “get the worm” ride at 8:05am! Hell yeah I will be there at 8:05pm! . I dig @Michael Vu and missed riding with his Family in Las Vegas, so I will be there for the evening ride and I will also bring the V8 battery for whoever needs it and the KS18s if someone wants to try that too. 

Just now, Stan Onymous said:

Whoa whoa whoa hold the phone I was assuming it was a “get the worm” ride at 8:05am! Hell yeah I will be there at 8:05pm! . I dig @Michael Vu and missed riding with his Family in Las Vegas, so I will be there for the evening ride and I will also bring the V8 battery for whoever needs it and the KS18s if someone wants to try that too. 

I'm no longer doing morning rides. It gets too hot and the horses are out. Late afternoon rides are cooler and most horses are gone. Nice sunsets too :D

The meetup is at 5pm (for the Z10 show), and we ride ~6pm

3 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Looking forward to riding with you again @Stan Onymous! Had a blast on our 50 mile beach ride!

8 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

Also @Marty Backe, I know you'll be bringing the Z10 for everyone to try out, but will you also be bringing other wheels? Namely the MCM5? I would like to try that one out.

I'll bring my MCM5 too, just for you :D  If you like it you can use it during ride too, if you want. No other wheels because I'd rather not leave too much in my car.

37 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:rolleyes:  If you bring a Z10 to a group ride they will want an MCM5. 

Here, I fixed it for you :whistling:

Z10 MCM5 Humor

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm no longer doing morning rides. It gets too hot and the horses are out. Late afternoon rides are cooler and most horses are gone. Nice sunsets too :D

The meetup is at 5pm (for the Z10 show), and we ride ~6pm

I am curious. I saw on the news that there was a forest blaze raging in Griffin Park. Your Griffin Park? It must not have been too significant if you guys will be riding though there?

13 minutes ago, Jerome said:

I am curious. I saw on the news that there was a forest blaze raging in Griffin Park. Your Griffin Park? It must not have been too significant if you guys will be riding though there?

A 25-acre brush fire that was extinguished. Griffith Park is over 4000-acres in size.

They have closed the park thru Friday. So we should still be good.

Monitor this Website for updates in case they keep it closed thru the weekend. If it's not open on Saturday we may have to relocate a little, but most of the area that we ride should still be open.

Archived