Battery for Tesla

Witos

Batteries are not interchangeable among different manufacturers and often between models from the same manufacturer. They are packaged to fit precisely the form factor of the wheel shell.

Beyond the aforementioned constraints, any battery pack that provides 84-volts could be made to work on any 84-volt wheel. Probably wouldn't look pretty though.

Marty but the size of the gt16 batt pack is almost the same as teslas and  fits well in to a tesla . So if the voltage is the same can I use it in my tesla ( UPS lost my oryginal battery and it will take some time to get another one) without problems?

label on the gt16 batt pack : 1036wh,84v 

9 minutes ago, Witos said:

Marty but the size of the gt16 batt pack is almost the same as teslas and  fits well in to a tesla . So if the voltage is the same can I use it in my tesla ( UPS lost my oryginal battery and it will take some time to get another one) without problems?

label on the gt16 batt pack : 1036wh,84v 

If you already know that it fits (one big problem) and have confirmed they are both the same voltage ( The only insurmountable problem - if not the same voltage). Then what exactly is stopping you? If they have different plugs and sockets (one for power output and one for charging) then you can make yourself or buy from a hobby store suitable adapters so the battery does not need to be modified. 

Watt hour capacity is of absolutely no matter (within reason I.e. you wouldn’t want to fit a 170Wh battery in place of a 1700Wh one but anything from 680Wh upwards will perform acceptably in a wheel intended for 1000Wh) Voltage and obviously {I hope?} polarity is the only thing that ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE CORRECT.  I.e. even if both batteries use the same plugs (quite likely) you need to make damn sure the polarity is the same (also quite likely - but don’t assume it without checking carefully with a meter or a fire might result.

7 minutes ago, Witos said:

I thought there is a chip inside that won't allow me to use it in different  wheel or something .... Thank You 

I read in the Ninebot Mini section that people bought aftermarket batteries that fit and looked just like the Ninebot batteries, but could not communicate with the mainboard and speed was restricted.  I think that was only a problem with the Ninebot two wheelers.

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I read in the Ninebot Mini section that people bought aftermarket batteries that fit and looked just like the Ninebot batteries, but could not communicate with the mainboard and speed was restricted.  I think that was only a problem with the Ninebot two wheelers.

The Gotway control board does not communicate with the batteries.

7 hours ago, Witos said:

I thought there is a chip inside that won't allow me to use it in different  wheel or something .... Thank You 

6 hours ago, steve454 said:

Imo also with the "newer" ninebot EUC's. The S1/2 also have battery-motherboard communications?

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Gotway control board does not communicate with the batteries.

Yes. But imo they have (?had?) some extra wire between the battery packs for some kind of "syncrosation"?

... Which should not matter if all the battety packs are replaced and only the two power wires go to the mainboard and not this extra wire?

7 hours ago, Witos said:

but the size of the gt16 batt pack is almost the same as teslas and  fits well in to a tesla

There can quite some "forces" occur, so the battery packs should be securely/thightly fit inside. There is no mechanical stress allowed on the cables, or the wheel could cutout driving over some bump, etc. Also not on the individual li ion cells - they absolutely do not like beeing damaged...

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Imo also with the "newer" ninebot EUC's. The S1/2 also have battery-motherboard communications?

Yes. But imo they have (?had?) some extra wire between the battery packs for some kind of "syncrosation"?

... Which should not matter if all the battety packs are replaced and only the two power wires go to the mainboard and not this extra wire?

There can quite some "forces" occur, so the battery packs should be securely/thightly fit inside. There is no mechanical stress allowed on the cables, or the wheel could cutout driving over some bump, etc. Also not on the individual li ion cells - they absolutely do not like beeing damaged...

Yes, the multiple battery packs communicate among themselves. Must be some kind of BMS function. All that the control board cares about is 84-volts

On 7/3/2018 at 11:19 PM, Marty Backe said:

They are packaged to fit precisely the form factor of the wheel shell.

This fits the form factor right... At least the external form factor...leg/foot room excluded ?

Archived