100V MSuper X ... check it out!

Doesnt stuff like this screw distributors/resellers? By the looks of it, distributors purchase a certain amount in advance. If gotway releases an updated model before the reseller can clear their inventory, it screws them. Gotway should at least give them advanced notice

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Are higher voltages less efficient somehow?

I would think higher voltage would be more efficient as it can move more more  energy per coulomb of charge.

52 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Higher V, higher max cruising speed, so faster rate of battery drain, no?

You're not making an apples to apples comparison. Given a specific speed, wind, etc., condition, a higher voltage based wheel should run cooler and be more efficient.

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're not making an apples to apples comparison. Given a specific speed, wind, etc., condition, a higher voltage based wheel should run cooler and be more efficient.

Sorry, in NYC, if we have the ability to go faster, we usually do, so high V usually means the wheel can go faster max than the lower V wheel can max, and this burns through battery at a faster power demand rate, which is all I was saying.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Sorry, in NYC, if we have the ability to go faster, we usually do, so high V usually means the wheel can go faster max than the lower V wheel can max, and this burns through battery at a faster power demand rate, which is all I was saying.

Oh, I know what you were saying. I'm just presenting the objective technical explanation of how voltage affects the system.

My seller confirmed that my wheel (shipped already) is indeed the 1600 Wh.

I agree with Marty but at the end, I hope that someone will make a side to side comparison on the range (84 vs 100) as only facts can confirm these changes.

I can only assume that the Monster 100V has a bigger battery to compensate for the range?

Im not an expert at all but even if the 100V wheel would run more efficiently, then I doubt that this efficiency would compensate for the 400V difference? And even if it would, what is the added value then?

Im not discounting that innovating and exploring is a bad thing, but I would have been happier if somehow the innovation would had resulted in a 1600 or bigger battery with 100V inside the same shell, which in my opinion, this setup could be accommodated with few internal design/reorganizing space changes.

To me, the 100V version is a bit of a gamble for the 1200 battery size, while we have the Monster on 100v with an even bigger battery on the market already.

At the end, Im not convinced of the added value of this change - but sure, let's see the head to head comparison of the two (84/1600 vs 100/1200) on the road as theory is nothing without facts, right? ?

32 minutes ago, bluewheel said:

while we have the Monster on 100v with an even bigger battery on the market already.

No, the new 100 Volt has a maximum of 1860 watts

The 2400Wh 84V Monster has 3 * 20 = 60 cells in 3 packs, (the 1600Wh have 2 packs).

The 100V Monster has instead 2 * 24 = 48 cells per pack, that means 620Wh for pack, equivalent to 1860Wh

2 hours ago, Leonte Mihai said:

It is already on sale on Aliexpress!, It has the same price as 1600Wh 84V, the same story as the Monster 2400wh, 84V with the Monster 1845 100V

i can't find the 100v version on ali? have you got a link ?

Ahhh, just when I thought I had decided on an 84V MSuperX, and now this!

I'm really curious how it will differ from my Rw GT16 though. Bigger and heavier, wider tyre and more stability and all that...

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

65 km/h ... I can't even stay upright at 40 when there is some wind ?

I hear the third tesla alarm every time i ride it (at around 48kmh). But in a wind day  it's quite annoying, you're right...

I think the msx weight will solve it.

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

True statement. The downside of higher voltages is possible arching in a poorly laid out configuration or inside cheesy connectors/sockets/terminals and the increase possibility of lethal shocking.  The latter should be kept in mind for you tinkerers out there. ;)

The marvellous EUC Guy posted a few more videos on the 100V Msuper X. Sound of the 2000W V8 engine:

And a great first ride video:

26 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

What makes this better than a 84V version?

More umph (that's a technical term). Just as the 84-volt version of the MSuper felt more powerful than my 67-volt version, I would expect the 100-version to be even more powerful (faster acceleration and higher top end speed).

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The marvellous EUC Guy posted a few more videos on the 100V Msuper X. Sound of the 2000W V8 engine:

@EUC GUY… You might want to check in the case - it sounds like you have a cat stuck in there (which will only slow you down)!

3 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

@EUC GUY… You might want to check in the case - it sounds like you have a cat stuck in there (which will only slow you down)!

it was a flap in the middle of the wheel from the mold. i did a burnout and removed that. dead quiet now :)

1 hour ago, bluewheel said:

...and perhaps lower range?

yes. mine is 1230wh total. I hope to get a range test done soon. simular to the one i already did for my v3s+- gps data layed over map to show . speed at 20/25 kmh and not pushing it. 

10 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

yes. mine is 1230wh total. I hope to get a range test done soon. simular to the one i already did for my v3s+- gps data layed over map to show . speed at 20/25 kmh and not pushing it. 

That would be great indeed. Would you do the similar test for the 85V version please? It would be interesting to see the range differences between 1600vs 1200! Thanks! ?

Archived