14C hill performance

CameraBoy

I have read that the KingSong 14C doesn't take hills well.  I live in a town with rolling hills all over the place.  Does anyone know the severity of the speed/power drop off on moderately rolling hills?

3 minutes ago, CameraBoy said:

I have read that the KingSong 14C doesn't take hills well.  I live in a town with rolling hills all over the place.  Does anyone know the severity of the speed/power drop off on moderately rolling hills?

The 14C does take hills well...even steep hills.

You just have to see which battery version you have (340-420-680-840?) and what weight is handled!

You cant exspect a 340wh version todo that well with a 100kg guy on a steep hill.

And...the 14C is a relative old wheel with old ...not updateable firmware (depends on version). So if you do to much of a agressive accelerate on a mid/low battery you even can run into a cutout!!!

51 minutes ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

My KS14C has no problems on hills.  I weigh 220 lbs.

Yes, but as @US69said it it does depend on the version. Early versions like mine  are 500W motors and don’t handle hills well at my 160lb.

The KS14C is a good hill climber, but it's very easy to overheat. No harm, you just have to get off the wheel and wait for it to cool off.

Mine climbs AND descends hills with joy!

But as mentioned the older V 1 mother board wheel, motor combo would over heat more so in summer of course!

But, as my axle bent, cracked have new mother board and wheel, motor and now almost no over heating even extended idling!

In a BIG way happy V 1 axle had probs within warranty time as sure like V 2 much better.

Must add, I have now had my beloved although much repaired Ks 14 c 680 for 3 years and still ride almost daily.

Have a strong feeling charge doctor helps as do not leave 100% charged and never go below 4 bars.

Bats are expensive and due to my extensive RC heli lithium experience if one treats them well they will do the same for you!

ukj

• 2 weeks later...

14C , especiially with the 800W motor and the "older" version of the motor specifically, can take hills pretty well even for a heavier (like 100kg) rider. However note that you may experience a  large temporary voltage drop/sag which can trigger alarms, tiltbacks, max speed reduction. Also, there is always a possibility for overheating on steep hills

Archived