Ninebot ES1 extra battery adding no extra speed

driu

hi, so i just got extra battery for ninebot es1, program on mobilephone shows extra battery, everything is fine but it doesnt add promised +5kms to top speed, anyone maybe knows whats up?

31 minutes ago, driu said:

hi, so i just got extra battery for ninebot es1, program on mobilephone shows extra battery, everything is fine but it doesnt add promised +5kms to top speed, anyone maybe knows whats up?

What makes you think. it would give you extra speed? Best I’ve heard is it will go from 18km/h to 20km/h and I think you need to change firmware so it knows there is an extra battery. What it mostly gives you is double the range.

9 minutes ago, Keith said:

What makes you think. it would give you extra speed? Best I’ve heard is it will go from 18km/h to 20km/h and I think you need to change firmware so it knows there is an extra battery. What it mostly gives you is double the range.

well it says in official website - https://shop.segway.com/ie-en/50/-ninebot-by-segway-kickscooter-second-battery-pack-black

"The KickScooter battery can be used on both KickScooter ES1 and ES2 and will expand the range to 45 km and for the ES2 it increases the speed to a maximum 30 km/h. On the ES1 the speed will be increased to 25 km/h. The battery can easily be attached to the stem of the product."

as for firmware it shows that its latest version...

thanks for reply!

Edited by driu

He probably inadvertently placed it in one of the restricted speed modes. 

When the scooter is on, if you hit the power button one time, it will change the mode. The mode with the red s (sport mode) is the mode that supplies the most speed, power, and acceleration. 

Edited by TripleEsq

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Has anyone found the fix yet? The firmware on battery 1 and battery 2 both say V0.1.4.1 although the master control firmware on the system is V0.1.5.1 

Is this why I'm getting the range update yet not the speed? I can go roughly 25 miles in one full charge but max only 12 mph 😭 Can someone help me get the speed up?

• 1 month later...