driu

Ninebot ES1 extra battery adding no extra speed

hi, so i just got extra battery for ninebot es1, program on mobilephone shows extra battery, everything is fine but it doesnt add promised +5kms to top speed, anyone maybe knows whats up?

31 minutes ago, driu said:

hi, so i just got extra battery for ninebot es1, program on mobilephone shows extra battery, everything is fine but it doesnt add promised +5kms to top speed, anyone maybe knows whats up?

What makes you think. it would give you extra speed? Best I’ve heard is it will go from 18km/h to 20km/h and I think you need to change firmware so it knows there is an extra battery. What it mostly gives you is double the range.

9 minutes ago, Keith said:

What makes you think. it would give you extra speed? Best I’ve heard is it will go from 18km/h to 20km/h and I think you need to change firmware so it knows there is an extra battery. What it mostly gives you is double the range.

well it says in official website - https://shop.segway.com/ie-en/50/-ninebot-by-segway-kickscooter-second-battery-pack-black

"The KickScooter battery can be used on both KickScooter ES1 and ES2 and will expand the range to 45 km and for the ES2 it increases the speed to a maximum 30 km/h. On the ES1 the speed will be increased to 25 km/h. The battery can easily be attached to the stem of the product."

as for firmware it shows that its latest version...

thanks for reply!

Edited by driu

Maybe you can explain it so others who Google this issue don't see this topic, see the author found the solution but didn't tell which one it was?

• Upvote 1

He probably inadvertently placed it in one of the restricted speed modes. 

When the scooter is on, if you hit the power button one time, it will change the mode. The mode with the red s (sport mode) is the mode that supplies the most speed, power, and acceleration. 

Edited by TripleEsq

I have ES4 with extra battery. Has it in red S mode but speed is max 20km/h Do not know what is the problem. I have run before up to 31km/h

Has anyone figured out a fix to this issue? Mine has gotten up to 19 mph and now struggles to pass 13mph? Only had the scooter since September