Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed

GMOne

With my weight 100kg, only first few minutes S2 is goint up to 30kmh. Later with 80% charge current limiter kicks in (rapid beeps) and max speed is around 27-28kmh. Did anyone else experianced this as well? Should I start thinking about loosing my weight? :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kva said:

With my weight 100kg, only first few minutes S2 is goint up to 30kmh. Later with 80% charge current limiter kicks in (rapid beeps) and max speed is around 27-28kmh. Did anyone else experianced this as well? Should I start thinking about loosing my weight? :)

? It's a current limit, it's easy to diagnostic it because even though the rapid beeps not much tiltback occurs. It happens also if you're riding through a street with strong slope.

Segway is watching you, and it's worried about your health. ?

Thanks for your previous feedback...

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, GMOne said:

? It's a current limit, it's easy to diagnostic it because even though the rapid beeps not much tiltback occurs. It happens also if you're riding through a street with strong slope.

Segway is watching you, and it's worried about your health. ?

Thanks for your previous feedback...

hello, thanks for the good program, I would like to know I'm my ninebot one I can boost speed with your patch?

On 8/3/2018 at 7:29 AM, GMOne said:

Do not worry, none of them...!

Open the file with latest release of Speed2Increase and you will do it through the app...

Then change the limits.

Thank you for the answer. I compared one firmware edited manually and the other one patched by the program, it turned out that  only the first one ( 803C020 ) affect the max speed limit. Curious about why ninebot save same Serial number in different places, just a backup maybe...

One more thing that confused me:  when I connnet the wheel with ninebot app for the first time,  it still showed the speed limit as 20km/h,  then I tried to ride it a while, finding out the speed limit was increasing while I'm riding, it stopped at 30km/h in the end.  Is that normal?

On 8/15/2018 at 4:28 PM, Toolkit said:

Thank you for the answer. I compared one firmware edited manually and the other one patched by the program, it turned out that  only the first one ( 803C020 ) affect the max speed limit. Curious about why ninebot save same Serial number in different places, just a backup maybe...

One more thing that confused me:  when I connnet the wheel with ninebot app for the first time,  it still showed the speed limit as 20km/h,  then I tried to ride it a while, finding out the speed limit was increasing while I'm riding, it stopped at 30km/h in the end.  Is that normal?

Some locations are used for communication with app. The app (except for the upgrade procedure) can read and write only few memory locations. Some of them are for temporary data (e.g. last ride). I take care only about permanent ones.

Yes, about the speed limit it's normal. The answer is almost the same as above. There are temporary-user locations with some limits, but

1) I want to be as less invasive as I can, so I changed the necessary part only;

2) I left them because if you're down with battery it's not a good thing to start from max speed and reach a lower limit after.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:48 PM, Artyom said:

hello, thanks for the good program, I would like to know I'm my ninebot one I can boost speed with your patch?

You can boost speed of Ninebot A1/A1+,S1 and S2. You can easily follow the tutorial, and for further questions feel (quite!?) free to ask... 

4 hours ago, Tiziano said:

Hello to all and sorry for my bad English. I have read about increase speed. good work GMOne. Are you from Italy ? Tiziano

Yes I am. For any question in our language you can write me by PVT or mail...

Edited by GMOne

2 hours ago, GMOne said:

Yes I am. For any question in our language you can write me by PVT or mail...

yes but I am not able to write to you here ( I see message from system that say to me " 0 mex available".  :-(  

Tiziano

16 hours ago, Tiziano said:

yes but I am not able to write to you here ( I see message from system that say to me " 0 mex available".  :-(  

Tiziano

I wrote to you in PVT and you replied to me, you can reply. And you can find my email both in the screenshot and in the program. This is not the difficult part... ?

On 8/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, GMOne said:

Yes it's enough...

Yes it's enough...

Hi, I received today my j-link. I read that you are from Italy, can we speak in Italian? I try to send a PVT to you but the sistem tell me that I can send 0 message to you. Can you send a PVT to me? I cannot wait to try to mod my baby! Thanks a lot! 

11 minutes ago, MD43 said:

Hi, I received today my j-link. I read that you are from Italy, can we speak in Italian? I try to send a PVT to you but the sistem tell me that I can send 0 message to you. Can you send a PVT to me? I cannot wait to try to mod my baby! Thanks a lot! 

You can find my email address into the program, or into the screenshot! ?

From now on you can speak the language you like, there! ?

Here English only.

30 minutes ago, GMOne said:

You can find my email address into the program, or into the screenshot! ?

From now on you can speak the language you like, there! ?

Here English only.

I have send you an email. I hope it was the correct email address. Many thanks!

On 7/12/2018 at 2:10 AM, GMOne said:

I think the situation is a little bit confusing so i will summarise every step needed.

1) Have a Ninebot A1 / A1+ / S1 / S2;

2) Buy a Chinese clone or an original J-Link interface;

3) Do a mod to the J-Link interface (workaround on its problem, it won't power your microcontroller so you have to do one bridge). If the original one (on latest EDU version) the mod is the following one:

My chinese already had a 3.3V enabled bridge

9GjJR7.jpg

Then you have to bridge externally VTref and 3.3V, i did it on the add-on board, but you can do it internally also if you like

9mNPuW.jpg

4) Disassemble your ninebot (not difficult, you have to remove every screw you see, and "gently" open it, you can follow one of one million tutorials on youtube). You need to access to the control board. AFTER YOU DISCONNECTED THE BATTERIES THEN PUSH POWER BUTTON TO DISCHARGE ALSO CAPACITORS.

5) Solder 5 wires connected to right PINS on the interface

6) (BATTERIES ARE ALREADY DISCONNECTED AND CAPACITORS DISCHARGED) Use J-Flash (4.20a for clone or latest for original, Google it) to read the chip. Configure it first as follows:

K1DMSh.png

7) In menu Target try to connect it, if it gives error about power check your mod (better with a multimeter)

8 ) Read back your chip (Target menu) and save your file (in multiple copies!)

9) Download latest version of Speed2Increase from the topic you are reading ?

10) Open it and open one copy of your firmware

11) Check it, and choose what you want

- If you have an A1 A1+ or S1 it is suggested to convert it to S2 (otherwise you cannot change limits), and then increase your limits;

- If you have an S2 you can directly increase your speed limits;

12) Patch the file, write it back through the J-Flash menu Target choosing write and verify (yes, you can delete the areas...)

13) Disconnect the chip (from the same menu), close the Ninebot taking out the soldered wires from one of the two side holes (i took out a connector, so i can connect it to one of the add-on board connectors); in that way you don't need to reopen your ninebot to reprogram it; connect of course batteries (don't worry about sparks...).

Before closing the Ninebot you can connect batteries only (power and control contacts, you don't need lights ;-)) and check the result with its Segway software on your mobile phone;

Pay attention to wires you took out! They must be isolated each other! No contact between them at all!

14) Remember to thank me through the "heart button" and please donate me some coffee... ?

15) Ride your monocycle freely but with RESPONSIBILITY!

REMEMBER THAT EACH TIME YOU WANT TO REPROGRAM YOUR NINEBOT YOU HAVE TO DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERIES AND DISCHARGE CAPACITORS PUSHING POWER BUTTON.

I hope i didn't forget anything.

HAPPY FLASHING!!!

GMOne 

hi, sorry, I try to contact you with an email in Italian but no answer. Maybe I make some mistake! I have problems with step 3, I don't understand what to do, and with the step 5, I don't know what I have to solder where. Can you help me? Thanks a lot

Hi, and thank you for this SW.

But actually I more concern about the security of going at 30 km/h with just an electric brake.

So, I will appreciate if you can do something to reduce the distance for going from 25 km/h to 0. Mecanic brake is not so easy to use as the electric one, because in case of need of braking very fast the last thing your brain does is try to move your foot backward and push the mecanic brake.

Thank you.

Edited by Argie

Yes, it's very helpful! Thank you so much! 

Also, I've ordered the 2 pieces below for the J-link v8 (china version) and bridge. Do they look correct? It's very hard to find these parts in the US. I think I will have to wait quite a long time for the parts. Anyone from the US have any other suggestions on where to procure these parts? Would really appreciate it. 

5 hours ago, GaperMaster said:

Yes, it's very helpful! Thank you so much! 

Also, I've ordered the 2 pieces below for the J-link v8 (china version) and bridge. Do they look correct? It's very hard to find these parts in the US. I think I will have to wait quite a long time for the parts. Anyone from the US have any other suggestions on where to procure these parts? Would really appreciate it. 

Remember that the adapter is not strictly necessary. You can do the same brigde into the J-Link interface (one solder, the first two corresponding pins).

I have a problem with connecting programmator to my S2. Can you help me? Some image of wires connection or something like this? I prepared chineese J-Link clone but I don't know where I should attach it on the board (sorry for quality of images).

Spoiler

board.jpg

Spoiler

j-link.jpg

Edited by Vitaliy Yandulov

42 minutes ago, Vitaliy Yandulov said:

I have a problem with connecting programmator to my S2. Can you help me? Some image of wires connection or something like this? I prepared chineese J-Link clone but I don't know where I should attach it on the board (sorry for quality of images).

Hide contents

board.jpg

Hide contents

j-link.jpg

Hi! In the previous posts I attached a PDF with soldering points. Take a look to it and for any further problem feel free to ask...

2 hours ago, GMOne said:

Hi! In the previous posts I attached a PDF with soldering points. Take a look to it and for any further problem feel free to ask...

Looks like it is connected in right way, but I have this log in J-Flash ARM 4.20:

Opening project file [C:\Program Files (x86)\JLinkARM_V420a\Default.jflash] ...
 - Project opened successfully
Connecting ...
 - Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
 - J-Link firmware: V1.20 (J-Link ARM V8 compiled Nov 28 2014 13:44:46)
 - JTAG speed: 5 kHz (Auto)
 - Initializing CPU core (Init sequence) ...
    - Initialized successfully
 - JTAG speed: 5 kHz (Auto)
 - Connected successfully
WARNING: Supply voltage too low, disconnecting target!
Disconnecting ...
 - Disconnected

How do you think, what can be the problem? May be it's just bad quality of connection?

Spoiler

connection.jpg

Edited by Vitaliy Yandulov

• travsformation changed the title to Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed