Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed

GMOne

You're really welcome! I helped you with pleasure. This is the result of hard work, and i think this can be considered a beginning. I developed S2I by myself, and i will continue to make it better and more compatible (and with more features). I create it as simple as i can, it is a "guided" mod. Simple doesn't mean easy, as you can believe. Thanks for your post!

Edited by GMOne
  • Like 2

I will buy the two tools that you have mentioned ,the  chinese clone J-Link  v8 (output 3.3V and 5V)and a bridge like the picture as followed,that's right?

looking forward to your confirmation,thanks

5.jpg.b30fb9a102acd4f2e1b27612c476daf9.jpg4.PNG.5865e4af07cbcdd515b13af8b62f02e8.PNG

On 7/17/2018 at 4:37 PM, Arik said:

I will buy the two tools that you have mentioned ,the  chinese clone J-Link  v8 (output 3.3V and 5V)and a bridge like the picture as followed,that's right?

5.jpg.b30fb9a102acd4f2e1b27612c476daf9.jpg4.PNG.5865e4af07cbcdd515b13af8b62f02e8.PNG

They are right! The bridge I talked about is the blue one on the second board (please take a look to my picture).

So when you will receive both please let me see inside the first one so we can check if it will power the microcontroller. If it is same as mine of course you will be sure about it...

GMOne 

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:37:26 PM at 11:37 PM, Arik said:

I have  received JLINK V8 and have successful connect to my A1 board.

and i have patched its firmware successful  like the picture as followed .

But i can't write it back through the J-Flash ,because I an't find the "write"in menu Target , but can find "verif". is  verif means write?

thanks for your answer

78.jpg.c49cb79ef39c30c7da78a6de11f9563d.jpg

Did you click on "Patch"??

With J-Flash you have to reopen the newly modified file and choose from "target" menu "write and verify", so in this way you will upload new software...

In the same way as you downloaded it.

P.S. I'll wait for your feedback and your considerations.

Edited by GMOne

16 hours ago, GMOne said:

Did you click on "Patch"??

With J-Flash you have to reopen the newly modified file and choose from "target" menu "write and verify", so in this way you will upload new software...

In the same way as you downloaded it.

P.S. I'll wait for your feedback and your considerations.

great! I have wrote the patched software to my A1. and the speed limit now is 30km/h. I have drove it for 2 hours tonight, everything is OK! Thanks for your hardworking! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arik said:

great! I have wrote the patched software to my A1. and the speed limit now is 30km/h. I have drove it for 2 hours tonight, everything is OK! Thanks for your hardworking! 

How does the wheel behave when the battery get depleted? Does it gradually change the speed limit as the battery capacity gets lower?

1 hour ago, Rotciv said:

How does the wheel behave when the battery get depleted? Does it gradually change the speed limit as the battery capacity gets lower?

I have the same question with you. Yesterday i just try it from 100% to 70% of the battery , and the speed limit not changed. but today i will try it again , I want to know when the battery lower than 50%,the speed limit will change or not.

with the battery gets lower from 50%,the speed limit will  slowly began get down from 30kmh to 29.9kmh to 29.8. It seems to be dangerous if i still ride in speed 29.6 by this battery condition.Because now the current is the double of that when the battery is 100%.Will the mos tube  be overload? I think when the battery is 80-100% ,the speed limit 30kmh is appropriate. And when the battery is 60-80% it should limit to 24-30kmh.All of these just my personal advice.

• Like 1

1) The voltage is not proportional to the state of charge. When you run out of charge you aren't at zero voltage state of course. The calibration of batteries has a way more complicated management.

2) The current is also limited by the firmare. So do not worry about it, i tested it a lot, i am not much light, and i tested it with higher speeds. At higher speeds the behaviour is completely different, a lot less tiltback, and the current limit will be only your limit (and i don't want to exceed it even though i can change it, it's so dangerous, with this wheel 30 Km/h is really enough).

I think (IMHO, because i didn't test it) the speed will decrease more when you reach the 30% or less, because i'm testing higher limits and this is what happens to me.

• Like 1

i have tried ride when battery blow 30% ,speed limit shows 26.7kmh,and one of the battery voltage is 51.16V,so average voltage foe every 18650cell is 51.16/15=3.4V.

the third picture shows LG 18650MG1 cell (the same to ninebot A1 battery) discharge line in 1000ma current, as time goes by ,voltage will rapidly drop from 3.35V(red line), the battery can't afford enough ability from this point.and by the number of battery cycles increase, this point will be higher than 3.35V.

so speed should limit not too hight in low charge, 26.7kmh when 30%charge may be not safety in an emergency brake.IMG_4675.thumb.JPG.c419e354e17e2aa3206289bcea3dfdc9.JPGIMG_4676.thumb.JPG.7acc7b7dd18379df12390b45a8e06756.JPGIMG_4670.JPG.762d0ff4774894e01af35dfe3248a552.JPG

• Like 1

Hi GMOne:

Really appreciated your work, but I'm a little confused when I tried to change my A1 into S2 by changing the serial number.

I opened the firmware with a HexEditor, searched the serial number with "N2OA",  then I find 2 lines containing the serial number:

803C020      N2OAXXXXXXXXXX00

803C1C0      N2OAXXXXXXXXXX..       (replaced some number with  "X")

Which one should I edit?   Or  just edit both of them?

Looking forward to your answer,  thanks!

5 hours ago, Toolkit said:

Hi GMOne:

Really appreciated your work, but I'm a little confused when I tried to change my A1 into S2 by changing the serial number.

I opened the firmware with a HexEditor, searched the serial number with "N2OA",  then I find 2 lines containing the serial number:

803C020      N2OAXXXXXXXXXX00

803C1C0      N2OAXXXXXXXXXX..       (replaced some number with  "X")

Which one should I edit?   Or  just edit both of them?

Looking forward to your answer,  thanks!

Do not worry, none of them...!

Open the file with latest release of Speed2Increase and you will do it through the app...

Then change the limits.

Edited by GMOne

On 12.07.2018 at 00:58, GMOne said:

aoBa8n.png

V 1.2.0

- Добавлена функция серийного номера (A1 / A1+ S1 может быть изменен на S2);

- Если он проверяет файл, и он не имеет прав администратора об этом он дает " ошибка";

- Небольшие косметические изменения;

- Некоторые незначительные исправления.

Намек

Если вы хотите проверить исправленный файл, закройте программу, снова откройте ее и проверьте файл.

Помните, что новые ограничения скорости действительны тогда и только тогда, когда у вас "есть" S2. ?

Примечания

Когда вы проверяете файл прошивки, программа будет проверять, может ли он быть исправлен (правая прошивка), прочитать его серийный номер, а затем вы можете изменить модель и/или ограничения скорости (если вы находитесь на A1/A1+ или S1, вы можете пойти на S2 и ограничения скорости приращения все вместе).

Не забудьте сделать резервную копию прошивки, даже если вы можете легко вернуться к первоначальным настройкам.

Пожалуйста, используйте его с ответственностью, не поднимайтесь в горы на полной скорости (до свидания mosfets), не спускаться на полной скорости перед стенами (до свидания здоровье)...

Speed2Increase120.промелькнуть

GREAT THANKS, FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! IT WORKED FOR ME, FINALLY!!! ONCE YOU GET TO FLASH THE WHEEL (EVEN THE NEIGHBORS HEARD) I PICKED IT UP AND INSTANTLY WENT OUTSIDE ( AT 3:50 AM :-) ) TO CHECK THINGS OUT. AND I WANT TO SAY THAT THIS IS VERY COOL, I WAS NOT EXPECTING. NOW THE SPEED IS FINE WITH ME AT 100%! WHEN I BOUGHT ONE S2 I am VERY SORRY, I MISSED IT. I'M SO USED TO IT 23 MPH THAT I SOMETIMES FELT THAT IT WAS ALMOST NOT GOING. BUT NOW I REALIZED THAT THE POTENTIAL OF THIS WHEEL IS VERY LARGE. IT FEELS AT FULL SPEED CONSISTENTLY, JUST LIKE FROM THE FACTORY SO DROVE))) TEMPERATURE IS NORMAL, AFTER 30 MIN AT MAXIMUM SPEED 30 KM\H, THE CONTROLLER REACHES 43 DEGREES AND THE MOTOR TO 40 DEGREES. SO IT'S ALL GOOD, THE ONLY PROBLEM, THE MOTOR WAS A LOT TO EAT. CHARGES BATTERIES JUST HOLD ON THE EYES!!! BUT WHERE TO GO, THE BATTERY INITIALLY, THERE ARE RATHER A SMALL WAY I HAVE THEM DISASSEMBLED, EACH IS 15 18650 BATTERY AND BMS.                
I AM HAPPY AS AN ELEPHANT!!!!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sergecsekrec367@gmail.com said:

GREAT THANKS, FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! IT WORKED FOR ME, FINALLY!!! ONCE YOU GET TO FLASH THE WHEEL (EVEN THE NEIGHBORS HEARD) I PICKED IT UP AND INSTANTLY WENT OUTSIDE ( AT 3:50 AM :-) ) TO CHECK THINGS OUT. AND I WANT TO SAY THAT THIS IS VERY COOL, I WAS NOT EXPECTING. NOW THE SPEED IS FINE WITH ME AT 100%! WHEN I BOUGHT ONE S2 I am VERY SORRY, I MISSED IT. I'M SO USED TO IT 23 MPH THAT I SOMETIMES FELT THAT IT WAS ALMOST NOT GOING. BUT NOW I REALIZED THAT THE POTENTIAL OF THIS WHEEL IS VERY LARGE. IT FEELS AT FULL SPEED CONSISTENTLY, JUST LIKE FROM THE FACTORY SO DROVE))) TEMPERATURE IS NORMAL, AFTER 30 MIN AT MAXIMUM SPEED 30 KM\H, THE CONTROLLER REACHES 43 DEGREES AND THE MOTOR TO 40 DEGREES. SO IT'S ALL GOOD, THE ONLY PROBLEM, THE MOTOR WAS A LOT TO EAT. CHARGES BATTERIES JUST HOLD ON THE EYES!!! BUT WHERE TO GO, THE BATTERY INITIALLY, THERE ARE RATHER A SMALL WAY I HAVE THEM DISASSEMBLED, EACH IS 15 18650 BATTERY AND BMS.                
I AM HAPPY AS AN ELEPHANT!!!!!

Very good! Thanks for your words and your happiness about it. It's a pleasure. Each click for my cause really appreciated. And any other feedback too.... :-)

Hi guys! I have bought an S2 used 3 months ago. At the beginning I think the 24 km/h speed is too much for me but now, when I reach 24 Km/h I feel like I am really too much slow. I think that this kind of lovely toys have the total capability to reach 30 Km/h so I need to make this kind of mod. Now the problem: I really think that it is impossible for me to make this kind of work. I don't know what is a J-link and how it work. I am totally ready to try to understand how me and my husband can make this but I need your totally stap by stap help.

Step number 1 " NO PROBLEM"

Step number 2 " I CAN BUY it but before buying I want to be sure to be able to make this work"

Step number 3 "I NEED A step by step help"

Step number 4 " NO PROBLEMS"

Step number 5  " I DON'T HAVE IDEA OF WHAT I HAVE TO CONNECT WHERE"

Step number 6 "HOW TO USE A J-FLASH?"

Step number 7 " I THINK NO PROBLEMS"

Step number 8/9/10/11 " I THINK NO PROBLEMS"

Step number 12 " I THINK I CAN MAKE IT (MAYBE)"

Step number 13 " I DON'T UNDERSTAND more or less NOTHING"

Step number 14/15 no no no problems!

If someone can help us, I know you can think that we are totally crazy, we will really very very happy! Thanks to you all

Hi! First of all welcome!

I can help you step by step, but I can do it if you have an interface to work with.

I can tell you to not to worry about it, only patience, one screwdriver and one soldering iron... ?

15 hours ago, GMOne said:

Hi! First of all welcome!

I can help you step by step, but I can do it if you have an interface to work with.

I can tell you to not to worry about it, only patience, one screwdriver and one soldering iron... ?

Thanks a lot. I have both of them but I have to buy the j-link. Is it correct? Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, MD43 said:

Thanks a lot. I have both of them but I have to buy the j-link. Is it correct? Thanks for your help.

Are you talking seriously? ?

I want to be honest: I'll try to help you, you'll try to not to put almost trivial questions. Let's optimize our communication. Ok? ?

Most of the questions have their answer in the step by step tutorial, but I'll be glad to clarify any doubt.

You're welcome, of course!

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot and sorry for my " stupid question". I am buying this one 

https://www.ebay.it/itm/High-Speed-J-Link-JLink-V8-USB-ARM-JTAG-Emulator-Debugger-V8-Emulator-S170/113146809257?hash=item1a58134ba9:g:~CUAAOSwKUVbR7~p

do you think it will be ok? Is it enought? as soon as I receive this one, I will let you know so we can start trying to give more speed to the baby.

Thanks a lot and sorry again.

I totally appreciate your help.

4 hours ago, MD43 said:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/High-Speed-J-Link-JLink-V8-USB-ARM-JTAG-Emulator-Debugger-V8-Emulator-S170/113146809257?hash=item1a58134ba9:g:~CUAAOSwKUVbR7~p

do you think it will be ok? Is it enought? as soon as I receive this one, I will let you know so we can start trying to give more speed to the baby.

Yes it's enough...

4 hours ago, MD43 said:

Yes it's enough...

• travsformation changed the title to Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed