Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed

GMOne

Hi folks I've tried it with new cables each one is 5cm long has the same displayed again when I measure the volt number comes out the following:

VCC pin: 3.2 v

SWDIO: 2,3 v

SWCLK: 3.2 v

GND: 3.2 v

NRST: 3.2 v

on the cable it is not at Jlink it shows the following values when measuring:

VCC pin: 3.2 v

SWDIO: 2.89 v 

SWCLK: 2.89 v

GND: 3.2 v

NRST: 3.2 v

everything is fine there or is it on jlink I can not remember the connections to the board I think it can not be

On 1/10/2019 at 9:18 AM, GaperMaster said:

Hey @GMOne ,

We were able to finally flash my friend's S2 and it has the new speed!! It took such a long time, and I almost lost hope, but with your help and some resiliency, we were able to do it!

I've sent you some coffee money as a token of our appreciation!

Also, I have a couple of tips, for those that may run into any similar complications in the future. With the Chinese J-Link V8 version that we got from AliExpress, you did NOT have to do any modifications. All the pins were already set to 3.3V, except for the 5V supply, but we were able to just use the Vtref pin which was already set to 3.3V. Make sure to use a meter to check the voltage to see what your J-Link is doing. If the voltage is correct, you can just connect the correct emulator pins to the proper connections on through soldering and that should work. 

Also, please use this https://j-link-arm.software.informer.com/4.2/  software to get the proper version of J-Link to use with your Chinese J-Link clone. This will prevent you from bricking your emulator like we did the first time. We had to buy 2 J-Link emulators from China which is why it took us so long.

Finally, the last mistake we made, was not carefully reading the settings for the Segger J-Flash ARM 4.2 setup. Make sure your project settings match the screenshot that GMOne provided EXACTLY. You will have to modify the MCU and a few other default project settings to make it match, otherwise the emulator will not be able to connect to the board. 

Hope this helps others in the future, and good luck!

So everything went fine! I received your coffees, really appreciated, thanks! Your interface is not really bricked, you can recover it.

https://gronlier.fr/blog/2015/07/unbrick-and-update-an-j-link-v8-clone/

I did it many times.

You can take a try about the serial number, I did it successfully and you can use more recent software. No real advantages though, a faster and more stable programming, sometimes with old one the programming suddenly crashes (but after this you reprogram and that's all)...

Feel free to ask!

GMOne

1 hour ago, MRN76 said:

@Bastjan KniepsPut my firmware, it works with any bms. Even without bms. You can do this on bluetooth and for free.

1 hour ago, Bastjan Knieps said:

How does it work with bluetooth?

where can i download it

I need a guide

The BMS is broken can not install my similar if so which

Seems as a topic change happened? The new posts from @Bastjan Knieps are about a broken bms and have nothing to do with a firmware mod?! I moved his posts into a new topic here: 

Edited by Chriull

3 hours ago, Sgvchud said:

Will this work on a es2? If not you know of a procedure to do so? Any info would be great. Thanks

On ES2, the application is handled by another person. We have an agreement with him that I will not do this. When he will finish his application is unknown. But he seems to be testing 

I want to thank everyone who made this a reality.  It's a fantastic piece of work.  I would like to do the upgrade on my own S1 and make a monetary donation to the cause.  Has anyone (or would anyone mind going to the trouble to) put together a simple and clear step by step tutorial for this in English for people who don't know what a J-link is and have never programmed a motor controller?  Something like:

1. Buy this product (link to programmer)

2. Disassemble Unicycle

3. Solder the following wires to the following locations

4. Whatever the next step is

And so on.

7 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I want to thank everyone who made this a reality.  It's a fantastic piece of work.  I would like to do the upgrade on my own S1 and make a monetary donation to the cause.  Has anyone (or would anyone mind going to the trouble to) put together a simple and clear step by step tutorial for this in English for people who don't know what a J-link is and have never programmed a motor controller?  Something like:

1. Buy this product (link to programmer)

2. Disassemble Unicycle

3. Solder the following wires to the following locations

4. Whatever the next step is

And so on.

@RooMiniPro I did it, to start to read from page 1 it's a good idea... 

@loomer It's not the right place, moreover we do not send firmware files. Try somewhere else...

9 hours ago, GMOne said:

@loomer It's not the right place, moreover we do not send firmware files. Try somewhere else...

I have read the whole thread.  The information is scattered throughout this thread.  It would be great if someone could do as I mentioned in my previous post so that there are clear instructions laid out all in one post. 

12 hours ago, GMOne said:

Hi

I'm a developer who want to help the community by developing a solution to make firmware changes via bluetooth.

were is the right place?

Hi I'm just thinking about improving max speed of my ninebot s2 and what I haven't found in this topić in what are the dangers and cons.

Saw on another forum "The S2's top speed is ~30kph, but you cant even hit a small bump without falling." Is this SO? Let's say I wants to ride 27-28km/h what should I not do?

On 01/02/2019 at 00:54, Kim Lam said:

Eu quero desbloquear o meu z10 a 65 km / h, você se importaria de me dar  uma mensagem pessoal?

Quem pode te responder isso é o MNR76 ele desenvolveu algumas formas de ter ganhos significativos em velocidade, ele que mudou minha firmare e obtive ganho de 6km h a mais de velocidade em um modelo Ninebot One C+

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2018 at 10:06 PM, GMOne said:

Hi! First of all I want to thank you, I received your kind and grateful coffee! Thanks a lot, I really believe in an altruistic and thankful world and relationships.

S2 is really a very good device, far better than the E+. Better quality and better software. A frequent beep doesn't mean you're going to fall off the unicycle, it means that you reached the limit, not the speed limit. Some parameters are checked: current limit, temperature limit for example. The software behaves well, and you don't need to worry too much. You will fall only if despite the frequent beeps you will try to accelerate even more for many many seconds.

I never fell off from the unicycle, and the only case I know is about a friend of mine who was listening to the music and it wanted to go always to the maximum limit. Even if it felt the S2 pulling it back (during the beeps).

I don't want to change any other limit, they are safe for you and your unicycle.

Enjoy yourself as much as you can, and feel free to ask whatever you want!

GMOne

Is it possible to increase the current limiter? Since i’m Making custom batteries into my S2 (2x 15S3P 3500mAh cell batteries with (hopefully) new BMs-s that can handle 60A each plus a motherboard mosfet upgrade to handle more current. Also, is it possible to get the speed limit to let’s say 33km/h or 35km/h? Maybe 2 steps, so I could test it with my custom(ish) wheel and report back what happened? 

• travsformation changed the title to Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed