Jump to content

V10F: 72 km and 2.196 m climbing and still 24% Battery charge...!


Gunthor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fuark I've been dreaming about the Sella circle:efeeec645d: Didn't think it would be reasonably possible with my 1300Wh, getting 65km range at speed in the flat terrain. What's your weight (clothes and backpack and all)? 60kg? 72km is crazy range for 960Wh!!!

Also, 72km is 72km, downhill or not. Distance is distance, and as you went up to every height you went down from, it's not like you started higher than you ended and got anything for free.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Five days ago, V10 has arrived. Testing the autonomy does not reach what is expected before using it.

Seventy of autonomy of 70 km, stays in the ideal conditions ... but 30 km ago.

Weight 93 Kg and I give an urban use circulated by bike lanes

Is this autonomy normal?

Part of this, I am enjoying the wheel, it has a lot of strength and good speed despite being one of the insensitive that I have updated to the new firmware that has reduced me 10 Km / h.

Edited by Cesar
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @meepmeepmayer, my weight is 75 kg. Together with clothes and Backpack I reckon about 80 kg. Right now I am thinking about participating at the Passo dello Stelvio bike event on 01/09/2018. That will be the final alpine "high end" EUC battery test: 1.869 m altitude in one go!!!

How about repeating the Sella circle together next year - presupposed the weather will be fine? Maybe we'll even manage to get a little group of 3-5 EUC enthusiasts (germans, austrians, italians,...) together and ride in a group like some of the bikers...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Gunthor said:

How about repeating the Sella circle together next year - presupposed the weather will be fine? Maybe we'll even manage to get a little group of 3-5 EUC enthusiasts (germans, austrians, italians,...) together and ride in a group like some of the bikers...

Don't forget me - if you're doing that. Although my 'summer location' is the North Sea ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gunthor said:

Hi @meepmeepmayer, my weight is 75 kg. Together with clothes and Backpack I reckon about 80 kg.

Exactly like me:efef895ddd: What kind of Faustian deal did you do with the devil to get this range from 960Wh, and how do I get in?! :efef77eaf5:

Guess the slower speed really makes a difference... especially the very slow downhill riding.

13 hours ago, Gunthor said:

How about repeating the Sella circle together next year - presupposed the weather will be fine? Maybe we'll even manage to get a little group of 3-5 EUC enthusiasts (germans, austrians, italians,...) together and ride in a group like some of the bikers...

If I have a suitable wheel then (my ACM's cables are too thin for this kind of riding), count on me!

20 hours ago, Cesar said:

Five days ago, V10 has arrived. Testing the autonomy does not reach what is expected before using it.

Seventy of autonomy of 70 km, stays in the ideal conditions ... but 30 km ago.

Weight 93 Kg and I give an urban use circulated by bike lanes

Is this autonomy normal?

Part of this, I am enjoying the wheel, it has a lot of strength and good speed despite being one of the insensitive that I have updated to the new firmware that has reduced me 10 Km / h.

My range guesses for my weight is 15-16Wh/km for fast (30km/h) riding. I compute like this: battery capacity * 0.8 (at 20% battery no load you're pretty much at 0% under load and have to stop due to beeping and slowdown) divided by 16Wh/km.

E.g.

  • My 1300Wh ACM: 1300*0.8/16 = 65km which matches my experience (beeping starts between 65 and 70km).
  • So from the V10F, I expected 960*0.8/16 = 48km - so around 50km range.

If you go slower, you get further. If you are heavier, you get less range. Not sure what your typical Wh/km number is, but I'd say 45km should be your typical range with the V10F, maybe? (V10 comes out to 680*0.8/16 = 35km for me, so maybe 30km for you?)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Exactly like me:efef895ddd: What kind of Faustian deal did you do with the devil to get this range from 960Wh, and how do I get in?! :efef77eaf5:

@meepmeepmayer, keep in mind, that after the low battery warning at the end of the Sella Ronda route I managed to add nearly 10 km because I was going back downhill and even got a 10% recharge. So the "correct" range was more like 61 km.

Today I did a longer route back in Stuttgart - hilly terrain, but not mountainous: Yesterday afternoon I charged with the standard charger to 100% and did 4 km. Today I added 54 km = 58 km. I was close to getting the low battery warning, because battery charge showed 13% uphill and 20% with no load. I probably could have added another 3 km on leveled terrain before getting the low battery warning and thus getting the same range as in the mountains! This time I rode fast, but not always (max: 33 km/h, avg: 20 km/h, max: 80 Wh/h, avg: 16,8 Wh/km - that's what the Inmotion app showed me). So for my home terrain I will plan my trips no longer than 50 km!

18 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Guess the slower speed really makes a difference... especially the very slow downhill riding.

Correct - but only in combination with stronger downward slopesIn Stuttgart I have slight declines like 150 m on 10 km most of the times where I need the battery in order to move forward, whereas going downhill a mountain pass e. g. Passo Gardena, the decline offers 600 m on 10 km and I can lean backward  most of the time while charging the battery. :efee47c9c8: 

Edited by Gunthor
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...