V10F: 72 km and 2.196 m climbing and still 24% Battery charge...!

Gunthor

Apologies: The title is kind of misleading, because I also rode downhill... :P

Nevertheless, because of excellent energy recuperation going downhill I managed the Sella Ronda Bike Day on 23/06/2018 without a recharge. :thumbup:
My expectation was only to manage 2-3 passes so I traveled with my rapid charger in my Rucksack - which I didn't need. :)

As more than 24.000 bikers participated and as I didn't want to set speed records for climbing the mountains I went up moderately with appr. 15-23 km/h continuously overtaking all bikers and downhill with appr. 12-18 km/h (I didn't dare going any faster), even though most bikers went down with appr. 80 km/h! My weight is 75 kg. Together with clothes and Backpack I reckon the total to about 80 kg. Temperature was appr. 6-12 °C.  A few serpentines before reaching the passes I always had a blast with one ore two excellent bikers using my shadow zone, leaving all other bikers behind us and like an exclusive small "pro squad" we reached the top, congratulated each other, exchanged a few words and sometimes met each other at the following pass uphill. After finishing the entire round I still had 44% left in the tank so to speak. Needless to say that I targeted the first pass again and sped uphill with appr. 18-27 km/h this time. I wanted to see if I could reach Passo Gardena one more time. I got the first low Battery warning 600 m before reaching it with 15% battery charge. I waited 10 minutes for the V10F to cool down and continued slowly only to get the low battery warning a second time after 100 m with 13% battery charge. That's when I turned around and rode downhill to Corvara again. Here are the details:

2yzn86t.png

So all I wanted to share that "Yes, the V10F can be used for mountain passes!". Gone are the days when my Ninebot One E simply shut off while crawling uphill with pedestrian speed! :clap3:

And "No": I didn't log my ride more carefully. I am used to WheelLog (which unfortunately does not support the V10F yet) and was lucky to get the inmotion (cr)app (version  7.0.3) working after downgrading my smartphone to Marshmallow but didn't figure out if it also offers logging and used it only to check the battery charge.

BTW: I am still using the old firmware and didn't upgrade to 2.26 - in case you wondered :efee8319ab:

Edit:
Riding the Sella Ronda Bike Day on 23/06/2018 with a new Inmotion V10F EUC and capturing a few moments with a nearly 10 year old Ixus:

Fuark I've been dreaming about the Sella circle:efeeec645d: Didn't think it would be reasonably possible with my 1300Wh, getting 65km range at speed in the flat terrain. What's your weight (clothes and backpack and all)? 60kg? 72km is crazy range for 960Wh!!!

Also, 72km is 72km, downhill or not. Distance is distance, and as you went up to every height you went down from, it's not like you started higher than you ended and got anything for free.

Five days ago, V10 has arrived. Testing the autonomy does not reach what is expected before using it.

Seventy of autonomy of 70 km, stays in the ideal conditions ... but 30 km ago.

Weight 93 Kg and I give an urban use circulated by bike lanes

Is this autonomy normal?

Part of this, I am enjoying the wheel, it has a lot of strength and good speed despite being one of the insensitive that I have updated to the new firmware that has reduced me 10 Km / h.

Hi @meepmeepmayer, my weight is 75 kg. Together with clothes and Backpack I reckon about 80 kg. Right now I am thinking about participating at the Passo dello Stelvio bike event on 01/09/2018. That will be the final alpine "high end" EUC battery test: 1.869 m altitude in one go!!!

How about repeating the Sella circle together next year - presupposed the weather will be fine? Maybe we'll even manage to get a little group of 3-5 EUC enthusiasts (germans, austrians, italians,...) together and ride in a group like some of the bikers...

30 minutes ago, Gunthor said:

How about repeating the Sella circle together next year - presupposed the weather will be fine? Maybe we'll even manage to get a little group of 3-5 EUC enthusiasts (germans, austrians, italians,...) together and ride in a group like some of the bikers...

Don't forget me - if you're doing that. Although my 'summer location' is the North Sea ?

13 hours ago, Gunthor said:

Hi @meepmeepmayer, my weight is 75 kg. Together with clothes and Backpack I reckon about 80 kg.

Exactly like me:efef895ddd: What kind of Faustian deal did you do with the devil to get this range from 960Wh, and how do I get in?! :efef77eaf5:

Guess the slower speed really makes a difference... especially the very slow downhill riding.

13 hours ago, Gunthor said:

If I have a suitable wheel then (my ACM's cables are too thin for this kind of riding), count on me!

20 hours ago, Cesar said:

Five days ago, V10 has arrived. Testing the autonomy does not reach what is expected before using it.

Seventy of autonomy of 70 km, stays in the ideal conditions ... but 30 km ago.

Weight 93 Kg and I give an urban use circulated by bike lanes

Is this autonomy normal?

Part of this, I am enjoying the wheel, it has a lot of strength and good speed despite being one of the insensitive that I have updated to the new firmware that has reduced me 10 Km / h.

My range guesses for my weight is 15-16Wh/km for fast (30km/h) riding. I compute like this: battery capacity * 0.8 (at 20% battery no load you're pretty much at 0% under load and have to stop due to beeping and slowdown) divided by 16Wh/km.

E.g.

• My 1300Wh ACM: 1300*0.8/16 = 65km which matches my experience (beeping starts between 65 and 70km).
  • So from the V10F, I expected 960*0.8/16 = 48km - so around 50km range.

If you go slower, you get further. If you are heavier, you get less range. Not sure what your typical Wh/km number is, but I'd say 45km should be your typical range with the V10F, maybe? (V10 comes out to 680*0.8/16 = 35km for me, so maybe 30km for you?)

18 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Exactly like me:efef895ddd: What kind of Faustian deal did you do with the devil to get this range from 960Wh, and how do I get in?! :efef77eaf5:

@meepmeepmayer, keep in mind, that after the low battery warning at the end of the Sella Ronda route I managed to add nearly 10 km because I was going back downhill and even got a 10% recharge. So the "correct" range was more like 61 km.

Today I did a longer route back in Stuttgart - hilly terrain, but not mountainous: Yesterday afternoon I charged with the standard charger to 100% and did 4 km. Today I added 54 km = 58 km. I was close to getting the low battery warning, because battery charge showed 13% uphill and 20% with no load. I probably could have added another 3 km on leveled terrain before getting the low battery warning and thus getting the same range as in the mountains! This time I rode fast, but not always (max: 33 km/h, avg: 20 km/h, max: 80 Wh/h, avg: 16,8 Wh/km - that's what the Inmotion app showed me). So for my home terrain I will plan my trips no longer than 50 km!

18 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Guess the slower speed really makes a difference... especially the very slow downhill riding.

Correct - but only in combination with stronger downward slopesIn Stuttgart I have slight declines like 150 m on 10 km most of the times where I need the battery in order to move forward, whereas going downhill a mountain pass e. g. Passo Gardena, the decline offers 600 m on 10 km and I can lean backward  most of the time while charging the battery. :efee47c9c8: 

Archived