Newbie on / with V10F

MBIKER_SURFER

Moin (that's the greeting in my region),

I just got my V10F and unpacked it. A hell of  a machine compared to my V5F. I just came back from riding with my 5F and tried it on the 10F. What a difference - I've to start at nearly 0.

What a slow response to my wishes of changing direction.....

O.k. - no my forst question: Android app 7.0.3.1 ist installed. I will not see the 10 F, as long as my 5F is on. Why ist that? On the old app I could switch between 2 wheels - here I see only 5 F. Riding away from the 5 F and restarting the app will find the 10 F. Is this normal or is it me ?

The wheel seems to be in a tilt back position - really unusual for me. Can I change this easily like in the KingSong app? The water level confirms this backward tilt position when start riding.

What is meant with footboard sensivity? The reaction of the wheel?

I changed it to 65% - but on new start of app it's back to 100%....

Forgive me asking stupid questions ☺️

Regards from Germany

10 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Moin (that's the greeting in my region),

I just got my V10F and unpacked it. A hell of  a machine compared to my V5F. I just came back from riding with my 5F and tried it on the 10F. What a difference - I've to start at nearly 0.

O.k. - no my forst question: Android app 7.0.3.1 ist installed. I will not see the 10 F, as long as my 5F is on. Why ist that? On the old app I could switch between 2 wheels - here I see only 5 F. Riding away from the 5 F and restarting the app will find the 10 F. Is this normal or is it me ?

The wheel seems to be in a tilt back position - really unusual for me. Can I change this easily like in the KingSong app? The water level confirms this backward tilt position when start riding.

What is meant with footboard sensivity? The reaction of the wheel?

I changed it to 65% - but on new start of app it's back to 100%....

Forgive me asking stupid questions ☺️

Regards from Germany

Congrats on your new wheel!

I’m afraid I cannot help much with Android problems, I’m an iOS user. Some others here can help. But I suggest turning the other wheel of and maybe even restarting the app. 

Yes, the wheel comes in backward tilt. There is an option in the app to change that to anything you like. It’s in vehicle correction section in the settings menu. It might say 0 degrees. I would start with setting it with a level at first to neutral. 

Footboard sensitivity refers to the stiffness of the pedals. How much they ”give” when you lean or break. You might feel softer setting to be more reactive and easier to break. This is a matter of taste. Stiff (100%) setting keeps the pedals level always. The wheel should remember the setting. Maybe a bug in the android version?

These were not stupid questions. Another thing to set at first is tire pressure. Try 2.8 bars or 40 PSI. It comes with too low pressure to avoid breaking when shipped by airplane. 

22 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

It is a very different wheel. You will have to use more force, develop some muscles and learn new riding styles. It is much heavier, larger and thicker tire also. It will come with time. After 300 km your old wheel will feel like a toy. 

I have the v5f myself, and looking into v10f. Is it possible for you to post some pictures of both wheels together from different angles? Side, front, compare pedal heights, etc

Hi,

my first impression after a 39 km ride - ambivalent.

Foorboard sensitivity set to 100 %. Carving possible - but I've to change riding completely. With the 5F it is nearly automatic. With the 10F you have to really 'press' the pedal. Just moving the body - no reaction.

But what the hell is this: On doing circles, the V10 goes into a forward tilt position - I would guess it goes about 10 to 15 ° forward - totally uncomfortable to ride. I think, I'm falling forward. As soon as riding straight ahead and accelerating, wheel comes to normal position - carving dosn't change pedal position.

Is this normal? A Bug? A feature? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Motor power is great. But the sound coming on topp speed - I've set it to 30km/h - took me nearly from the wheel. Incredible Sound - Bang, bang....... 

-o.k. - now I knew this behaviour.

I know, it is really too early for judgement - but I'm not entusiastic right now ☹️

Consumption seems to be pretty high - roughly 16 Wh per km.Screenshot_20180629-123904-1.thumb.jpg.c06859aa1a2c3c03e36c241c78d3c657.jpgScreenshot_20180629-124011-2.thumb.jpg.bbb3aa471a9325784c1aeb9001e070c8.jpg

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

But what the hell is this: On doing circles, the V10 goes into a forward tilt position - I would guess it goes about 10 to 15 ° forward - totally uncomfortable to ride. I think, I'm falling forward. As soon as riding straight ahead and accelerating, wheel comes to normal position - carving dosn't change pedal position.

You should do the turning calibration. It's in vehicle correction section. 

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

44 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Thank you, I tried to find the info on their page yesterday but they didn't have the video yet. Looks like it's slight easier than the V8 as I won't need to mess with the LED lights but still not ideal. Hoping there will be a way to make this tubeless.

ups - as bad as it was.I just ride outside my property. The same forward tilt in turns as it was.

So why the hell did it disappear after the first correction? I'm totally frustrated ☹️

Looks like it's forgotten the settings of the correction. I tried it again - no chance ....

Is it my fault? Can I do something wrong?

Seems like your wheel doesn’t remember settings. I’ve not heard that before. Are there any android users here with same symptoms?

The more I ride - the more I'm frustrated!

I tried body calibration at least 10 times - no success at all. After coming this day. I moved to my 'old' 5F straight away. No problem with forward tilt - no matter whether I'm doing turns or curves with great diameter. 

So, if I' m not making faults in executing the calibration body, this wheel is 'broken'.

Desoite that, I'm llosing the BT connection quite often. This didn't at all with version 6 and my 5F. Another bug. And I'M only running the original FW 1, which was installed by Inmotion.

This wheel meets my expectations only in greater distance - the rest: A waste of money. I'm really disappointed ?

Sad to hear that. Do you get the calibration correct at all? Or does it somehow lose the calibration at some point? Earlier you got it to work at least once, correct?

Your symptom sounds exactly how my wheel behaved after I had accidentally done the calibration wrongly. After I did it correctly, it doesn’t tilt when turning and has stayed that way. 

Can you record video of the problem?

I tried to make a video yesterday - my first 'mini crash' and therefore scratches on the plastic ?

But I couldn't get it out of the camera - it's not making a 'bmp' or whatever. I need a special SW. And currently it's only me at home.

10 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Your symptom sounds exactly how my wheel behaved after I had accidentally done the calibration wrongly. After I did it correctly, it doesn’t tilt when turning and has stayed that way. 

Well - as written: I put the wheel in this backward up position and then do the body calibration. It says correction succeed. 

What can I do wrong. The pdf says nothing special. Do I miss something which I don't know yet?

I appreciate any help. Otherwise I've to sent the V10F back to Spain ?

You could try putting a level on the pedal, keep pushing the handle button and keep the wheel steady at 0 degree tilt, perfecly level, and then do the calibration. I did that once and it worked. I didn’t know of the other method back then. 

Have you contacted Inmotion yet? @Jeffrey Scott Will Or @Bobwheel are here and might be able to help you. 

I did all kinds of calibration now. Perfectly levelled, by accident mislevelled - no change at all.

What I realized is, that direct after calibration the first few turns are o.k.

As soon as I'm accelerating the wheel hard - which isn't that easy on my property - this pedal tilt is coming back.

Archived