New KingSong app for Android (v1.5) and new functionality (broken?)

Struck

Hello all,

I have tried the new app (v1.5) (can be downloaded from KS website). It has a couple new features:

1- Stop wheel on lift sensor under the "more" menu once the wheel is connected. It even has a calibration button whose instructions I do not fully comprehend (what does "keep horizontal" mean?)

2- New spectrum for music. I have not tried this yet, If the led spectrum is done right it can be very cool.

3- More information in the detailed info menu. Like if the wheel thinks there is some damage to the motherboard, or % use of the CPU (mine is between 70-74%. Scary, I like CPUs to be under 10% lol).

So, the sensor to stop the wheel from spinning when lifting is not working for me, even after upgrading my KS14S to v1.09 (latest firmware). Maybe my wheel is too old (board manufactured on July '17), or this function is not supported in my model.

I'd like to know if this is working for anyone. I need this functionality so f**kin much

Then, something that I mentioned in another thread. KS app keeps using the GPS location. This bugs me. It even does it while the app is not being used. You are forced to give location permission because it needs it for the bluetooth search. I have used AppCloner to spoof KS's app location, I like my privacy to be private. It also finishes background process when the app is closed. If anyone wants the apk, just let me know. If anybody wants to use AppCloner (4$) by their own and their cloned app is not working I'll tell you which settings made it work for me, which are not the standard ones.

Cheers!

i have a kingsong ks16s I've upgraded but I'm sure it's only for the new ks18l as older models don't have a lift sensor I've not tried it though I've switched it off just incase there's a bug ?

Lift sensor is a feature of the new KS18L only.

After using KS app you can force app to close in Settings, Apps......on Android and then it won’t be using location or draining battery. Also can set up the app in settings to only use location when app is in use, at least I can on my Samsung S7.

Or better yet, when done using KS app, turn off “Location” on Android or “Privacy” on iOS. Easy solution so App isn’t using location services when it’s turned off.

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

After using KS app you can force app to close in Settings, Apps......on Android and then it won’t be using location or draining battery. Also can set up the app in settings to only use location when app is in use, at least I can on my Samsung S7.

I have a Samsung S7 and I have never seen this setting ? It is either on or off.

Force close does not work for me, GPS only stops when blocking the location permission. I don't want to block the hwole phone from using location. I am very happy with my solution and I just wanted to share it ^^ 

Well, too bad I don't have the stop on lifting ?

Thank you all!

Archived