KS 16 inch

John Eucist

(copy and pasted from my Facebook post)
Jeffrey Scott Will (among others) have been asking about the upcoming 16 inch King Song so I thought I ask Tina. Her answer was that it will be released at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair in October 13-16 and it will have the 800w motor. She said it's okay for me to say this.  EDIT: Also has built-in-trolley (integrated) as well as Bluetooth music.

That's good.  I think I would prefer a 16" over an 18" and definitely over a 14".   Plus I don't like how big their 18" is.  So a 16" might be just right.  I don't really like the looks of the other King Songs so I hope it looks better.  But, if not, I will have to hope that I have become used to the looks by the time I am ready to buy.

Nice, more 16" models to the market... Of course, the winter's coming, so I'll just stay on the lookout, who knows what we have by next spring... But I was secretly hoping KS would come out with a 16" model ;)   It's not a coincidence either that I ordered the bigger batteries with separate BMSs and make each one separely unpluggable etc, so I can move them from wheel to wheel (or even split them among wheels). While I do love the Firewheel, it's not going to be my only ride... :P 

The only reason I see why 18" is so high, is the ability to add pad and sit, and control with thighs vs shins....but I believe it is even heavier then the Gotway SuperM... Oh the ability to sit is good, too, foam provided...

• 2 weeks later...

that sounds great! I hope the 16" won't be tall like the 18". My ideal specs/feature will have 800w motor, 680 wh or more, head light, tail light, trolley handle, speakers, a prettier design that's ip65 certified at a max price of 1k or less :)

So now it's getting even more complicated making a choice of wheel.

16" KingSong and 16" Gotway being released in the next few months.

My garage is already looking a bit crowded with wheels. :)

Doesnt gotway still have cutoffs while king song fixed the issue? 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm considering making the King Song 16" my next unicycle, but I'm worried about its off-road capability. The prototype picture shows a mudguard like the 14" had. I'd prefer for it to have no mudguard like the 18". But anyways, I love that the 16" has a built-in trolley! 

I wouldn't worry about the off-road capability of the KS 16. The Ninebot has even more of a "mudguard" than the KS 14" and there are several videos of people off-roading on them. 

I think wheel size and motor power is a better determining factor of whether a wheel is off-road capable or not. And with the KS 16" you're likely covered on both.

I'm hoping for a higher power version of their 18" myself...

I preferred the earlier render.  I think they should keep some kind of angular element to the look, rather than trying to make it look like a 9bot trying to get served at the bar by wearing a comedy false moustache.

I preferred the earlier render.  I think they should keep some kind of angular element to the look, rather than trying to make it look like a 9bot trying to get served at the bar by wearing a comedy false moustache.

i like the earlier one better also...they definitely need a better graphic design person. The two "moustache" lines coming down the circumference look unnaturally tailored to the wheel, as if they had to place them somewhere and couldnt find a spot where to put them. I have nothing against simplicity in design, but getting rid of the more "solid, massive" look towards cheap, cartoonish looking patterns and shapes, is a wrong direction to go. 

I do find it interesting to see how the new pedal grating will work in terms to hold slippery soles during the rain.

i hope this design is not final....

Nox exactly a great design i.m.h.o. The Black/White theme seems, well.....pale.

Too big a Shell.

Are there front/back-lights and break-light? That would be great.

The built-in trolley handle is a great feature.

Foot-plates seem to be ok.

Archived