100V Monster water intrusion vulnerabilities

14 hours ago, gotnothing said:

Oh ok, that makes sense.

I got the brush on kind instead of the spray on kind.

Did you end up spraying it over the mosfets as well? I was under the impression that those tend to heat up the most.

BTW I apologize if I am bugging you with too many questions - just not much out there in terms of people applying this.

After my wheel gave out on me from riding in the rain, I want to make sure that I get the rain-proofing right since it basically rains here for half the year and it has become an extension of my legs.

I haven't heard of any Tesla MOSFET problems, so I'm guessing the design margins are adequate, but I tried to go light on the MOSFETS.  It appeared like all my boards were already coated but I didn't have any visual idea how well they were coated.  I would look at all the mating edges of the shell halves; damaged edges may allow spinning wheel spray to enter the electrical and electronic areas.  No need to apologize; questions help others also.

this may seem obvious, but how about using the seat? I have ridden my monster v3 with seat through multiple storms and there have been no problems at all. I have the speaker holes covered with speaker fabric and ensured the inner shell rubber gasket was on correctly when reassembling. 

It appears the seat would cover the entry points and rendering this issue moot. 

• 1 month later...

I have to ride in the rain a lot and the seat and my legs when sitting keep the wheel fairly dry up top and up front towards incoming rain. I wear a poncho sometimes which almost drapes over me and the wheel while sitting so we stay pretty dry. Still, I intend to get the v3 shell as a replacement down the road and do similar precautions cause you never know.