Help needed re charger for V10F

Goodman

I just received my v10f after a month and to my disappointment there was no charger in the box and the battery is on like 10 percent. 

I have the v8 charger it looks like it can fit into the v10f charge port can I use this for now? 

Also last question can I use the version 7.06 on apple app has this been affected by the latest firmware woes. 

Thanking you guys in advance if you can answer at least the first question. 

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I just received my v10f after a month and to my disappointment there was no charger in the box and the battery is on like 10 percent. 

I have the v8 charger it looks like it can fit into the v10f charge port can I use this for now? 

Also last question can I use the version 7.06 on apple app has this been affected by the latest firmware woes. 

Thanking you guys in advance if you can answer at least the first question. 

@Bobwheel @Jeffrey Scott Will Get this guy a charger asap! 

Somebody in China has messed up the packaging badly. 

I don’t know if the v8 charger works. Try it out, I don’t think it will hurt it. 

The iPhone app is safe, that is totally different from the firmware upgrade. When you are in the settings page on the app, there is another option to upgrade firmware. Don’t do the 2.2.6 yet, wait for a later release. You cannot accidentally upgrade your wheel’s firmware. 

39 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

@Bobwheel @Jeffrey Scott Will Get this guy a charger asap! 

Somebody in China has messed up the packaging badly. 

I don’t know if the v8 charger works. Try it out, I don’t think it will hurt it. 

The iPhone app is safe, that is totally different from the firmware upgrade. When you are in the settings page on the app, there is another option to upgrade firmware. Don’t do the 2.2.6 yet, wait for a later release. You cannot accidentally upgrade your wheel’s firmware. 

Thanks

To my knowledge there is no difference between the later V8 (3 pin) and the V10 chargers. Both wheels are 84v. Even if the current output of the V10 charger were higher to account for the larger battery it wouldn't hurt to use the lower current V8 one, but I think the current output is the same too

You should be fine. 

38 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

To my knowledge there is no difference between the later V8 (3 pin) and the V10 chargers. Both wheels are 84v. Even if the current output of the V10 charger were higher to account for the larger battery it wouldn't hurt to use the lower current V8 one, but I think the current output is the same too

You should be fine. 

Thanks for that I'll put it on the charger now can't wait to take it out for a spin. 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

@Goodman looks like you already got the correct advice, and I can confirm: V8 charger does indeed work for V10. As for getting the charger you are owed, reach out to your seller - they should be able to make it right for you.

Thank you Jeffrey I have reached out and the charger is on its way to me and thanks to the advi e from everyone it's charging. 

Archived